Redemption - Second Attempt Indoor Grow - Bagseed

Gree N

Hey guys as the title says I'm looking for redemption after my first grow and grow room was a failure, good learning curve though if you want to check it out.

This time around I'm going bagseed again, going to put a order in at bonza seeds soon if anyone has any good strains for a tropical climate.

Growing 3 DWC and 3 in a perlite-coir mix.

Using seaweed, magnatec and soluble potash for the pots and a part a - b cannabis hydro nute for DWC ( will have photos later ).

I have done a diy job for a 5 light bulb socket lamp, using 1 x 18w 5000k led 1 x 18w 3000k led and 3 3500k cfl's only be using up too 1 ft high.
I'm in the process of making up a diy cob lamp for late stage of veg and for flowering and have a journal of that going too if you want to check it out.

The fun part - pictures! .
I've just moved them in from outside and spotted some spots on the leaves from mites or aphids so I've given them a good spray with a neem extract and setup some insect traps.
420-magazine-mobile1804814785.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1785655993.jpg
420-magazine-mobile361335918.jpg

Hey Green Subbing in champ. Hopefully someone with more experience can help but they seem like they are struggling a bit? Perhaps due to light... How much are you watering and are you using nutes already i notice a half yellow leaf from what I've seen that might be burn? Again no expert hoping someone can jump in for you buddy... Best of luck and keen for the show :)

What up Gree? Cant wait to see you rock it this time!! Learn from your mistakes and have a great grow!

Thanks Agemon I'll do my best.
These are the various products I'll be using.
I'm using the hydro stuff mixed at 1/2 strength too start with.

420-magazine-mobile794023482.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1267763860.jpg
420-magazine-mobile294557119.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1132883734.jpg
420-magazine-mobile526767458.jpg

Hey mate :thumb:
Glad to see you're still moving forward in style. That's how we learn to grow.

A couple things.
Now, I'm kind of tired and stoned but I'm just looking at your fertilizer bottles which you say you are using at half strength.
I don't see a pic of the actual schedule - how much A you mix with B and the different mixes for seedlings, veg and flowering. So I'm not sure what you mean by 1/2 strength. But '1/2 strength' sounds way too strong for your little seedlings. Usually I'd use 1/4 to 1/6 strength

Also- based on the NPK numbers, I can't see that those nutrients are going to work well for you in flowering, especially with sativas. But they should work fine for the veg plants if you go light to start.
I haven't used Bonza because I saw too many people have bad experiences with them- through most don't. But when I get a chance I'll go check out their sativas, if they have any.

I got curious and checked Bonza. They've got a lot of different breeders there, so your options are good.
WOS, and SOA have a few strains, including Raspberry Cough which is worth a look, and a bunch of those breeders carry sativa dominant mixes. But since Bonza sells Ace Seeds strains I would just go straight there. My favourite seedbank. You really can't go wrong - just read the info they provide and pay attention to flowering times.
My favourite strain ever (so far) is Golden Tiger. Followed by Ace Malawi, and Mama Thai (Seedsman).
I've grown a handful of other Ace strains. One I can recommend if you want a bit shorter flowering time is their Panama. Very strong and vigorous and easy to grow, and a beautiful plant all around.

Hey mate :thumb:
Glad to see you're still moving forward in style. That's how we learn to grow.

A couple things.
Now, I'm kind of tired and stoned but I'm just looking at your fertilizer bottles which you say you are using at half strength.
I don't see a pic of the actual schedule - how much A you mix with B and the different mixes for seedlings, veg and flowering. So I'm not sure what you mean by 1/2 strength. But '1/2 strength' sounds way too strong for your little seedlings. Usually I'd use 1/4 to 1/6 strength

Also- based on the NPK numbers, I can't see that those nutrients are going to work well for you in flowering, especially with sativas. But they should work fine for the veg plants if you go light to start.
I haven't used Bonza because I saw too many people have bad experiences with them- through most don't. But when I get a chance I'll go check out their sativas, if they have any.

Hey Weasel thanks for coming on board again.
They have 3 formulas for the cyco nutes. Grow - flower - bloom. Each stage is a two part mix so I'm using grow A and grow B now and it says to mix 30ml of both A and B into 10 ltr of water so I've started out with 15 ml of each.
I couldn't actually see the npk numbers just %?

You're in Aus yeh, you can get Mars lights off ebay off official Mars Hydro store (which is what i did) the 300w started at only $109

Hey Joey I'm in the process of making a cob led light myself which should be ready soon.
The clones were outside in a really shady area up until last night and the two dwc have been under 1 18w led for the past 3 weeks so hoping that this 5 bulb fixture should do ok up until around 1ft high then I'll move the cob in which ATM is 700mm x 600mm and 650w

And the drooping leaves in the hydro buckets could mean not enough oxygen. What are you using to oxygenate your water?

Hey penny wise thanks for the tip.
I'm using a aquarium fish pump with just a couple of air stones.
The oxygen deficiency could likely be from the location I had them before I set up this room. They were in a tiny cupboard with no air ventilation and under 1 18w led.

Ok that sounds like a legit nutrient lineup then. NPK numbers are the percentage. Normally written on the front of the bottle -they tell you percentage by volume of the total N, P, and K contained in the bottle- the remaining 90% or whatever being 'inert material' (water?)

Ok that sounds like a legit nutrient lineup then. NPK numbers are the percentage. Normally written on the front of the bottle -they tell you percentage by volume of the total N, P, and K contained in the bottle- the remaining 90% or whatever being 'inert material' (water?)

Yeah I am used to seeing the n-p-k ratio on the front of the bagor bottle. These just had the % on the back.
So after calculating from the back of the bottle -
grow A = 2 - 2 - 6 + 0.7 magnesium
grow B = 2 - 0 - 0 + 4 calcium and some other funky stuff Molybdenum at 0.001%
It says to mix it at 30ml too 10L of water so that would be 3ml per litre of each bottle.
So we triple the NPK? So we have 6 - 6 -18 + 6 - 0 - 0 so we have 12 - 6 - 18 per litre and I am using that at half strength.

Cool well seems like you're getting on the right track now thats good :)

Yeah man they are starting to look better after just one day in the new setup .

That'll do it lol .

Yeah I was pretty devastated about the previous grow which I took these clones from.
I started with some nice plants picked from about 14 plants from some awesome smoke I got over the border.
I ended up getting mites and then spraying the girls with a neem extract and did way too good of a job covering them, I wasn't careful about the pistils at all and ended up burning them all off so I put them outside and they are taking forever to recover.
This Hedgehog looking plant was worse off then the bigger plant I had going.
She went from this
420-magazine-mobile150868315.jpg

Too this
420-magazine-mobile294308537.jpg

The bigger girl has recovered a lot better then the hedgehog. I thought I had to full sativa's at first but this one has buds all over it just starting to get calyx now.
420-magazine-mobile1401562259.jpg

I've got 4 clones left from these girls and they got fairly neglected after the dog ate 12 of 16 of them ..
Hence the name of this grow, Redemption!!

Back
Top Bottom