Lebowskii and Schmokem's Perpetual Indoor Grow: 400w Veg 1000w Flower

Lebowskii

Whats going on everyone here at 420! After long consideration, I decided that regardless of 5/7 plants getting taken from my last crop, the two that survived came out magnificently. Its been about 2 weeks since my last grow came to an abrupt hault, and Im hoping that this grow will be sneakier, and my babies will make it to the end. All of them.

Right now, the babies dont have a box to live in, but in two weeks time, we are hoping to have made a homemade grow box. We found a storage cabinet that has removable shelves, spots on the top where we can hang cfls through the top of the box neatly, and still have room to squeeze our 4 foot fixture in there if needed!

Last but not least, this grow will be different because I have a trusted partner in crime helping me out. Two heads are better then one they always say...

We will both be updating this journal!!

SO! lets get to the fun part:
What strain is it? 3 Plants total: (2) Sensi Seeds Limited Edition Big Bud Feminized and (1) Dinafem Seeds Sweet Deep Grapefruit
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Mostly Indica strains
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? We popped the seeds 3 days ago
If in Veg... For how long? 3 days so far...
If in Flower stage... For how long? Not in flower yet.
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil!! :morenutes:
If soil... what is in your mix? So far just some dirt from the hardware store, but before they are ready for their first transplant, The medium will consist of fox farms soil and a little bit of perlite for drainage.
If soil... What size pot? We started the seedlings in small biodegradable cups that we will progressively keep moving into bigger biodegradable cups two or three times, and eventually, they will be rocking 5 gallon buckets.
Size of light? Florescent shop light with two 4 foot Sunlight bulbs generating about 4500 lumens, planning on adding some smaller CFLs to the grow as they get bigger.
Is it aircooled? As winter is coming soon, the cooling isnt what we are concerned with. We have a heating pad beneath the seedlings to keep them nice and warm. We will have a couple small fans blowing around for air circulation as well as an "ionizer" for smell control and air cleaning powers!
Temp of Room/cab? No thermometer yet.
RH of Room/cab? No RH meter either yet.
PH of media or res? Will start PHing when we get to a larger cup size.
Any Pests ? No pests so far. In the event of pests... the ole dish detergent and water method worked well for me in the past.
How often are you watering? When the soil is getting dried out a bit. They get a misting a couple times a day.
Type and strength of ferts used? We will be using ALL of my leftover nutes from last grow (the whole liquid fox farms diet (Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom) as well as open sesemi, chaching, and beastie buds!

Here are the plant descriptions from the seedbank's site:

Sensi Seeds Limited Edition Big Bud: Big Bud has always been famous as a cannabis strain with staggering yields. Her superior Indica pedigree was carefully refined and steadily improved over many years and has now been perfected for release as an all-female seed strain! The first clone-only Big Bud was a sturdy Afghanica infused with Skunk genes - a hybrid possessing amazing vigour and unexpected, record-breaking production. Through extensive research and testing, Sensi Seeds were able to take the Big Bud clone back to her roots by breeding with a rare and special Afghani, resulting in the original, award-winning Big Bud seed-strain. Breeding continued, with the aim of producing a reliable, uniform feminized version of this super-productive variety which, after years of work, is now available to the public! Sensi´s all-female hybrid is as vigorous and potent as ever and has received a further refinement in aroma - a crisp, spicy undercurrent runs through her sweet-fruit flavour. Resin production is prolific, even on the inner surfaces of flower clusters, making for a powerful physical stone that´s brightened by the high of Skunk´s Sativa ancestors. Cannabis seeds growth is very strong, yet height gain is easy to control and predict. Finished plants can be kept under 30cm if flowered as seedlings, while huge plants can be easily achieved with a longer vegetation time. Lateral branching is subdued, with most production occurring on the main stem, making feminized Big Bud a natural SOG strain when kept small, and an ideal candidate for topping when grown to medium or large sizes. As with the regular version, enormous production remains the central feature of feminized Big Bud. On both small and large plants, flower clusters are huge, sparkling, and wonderfully solid!

AND!!!

Dinafem Sweet Deep Grapefruit combines two genetic strains which are appreciated for their extremely sweet and fruity aroma: a strain of Blueberry which is already well-known as it has been used in other strains such as Blue Fruit or Blue Widow, and a clone selected from Grapefruit, a variety that is known for its fruity taste, theoretically to grapefruit, although it reminds more of a sweet fruit like pineapple. This variety is very much appreciated in Canada and US.

Grapefruit is very well-known in America thanks to its taste of pineapple and sweet grapefruit, added to its strength, yield and its outdoor cultivating possibilities, which has greatly helped production in places like British Columbia, for example, where it has been used for commercial purposes.

The a result of this combination is an Indica-Sativa hybrid developed to boost its aromatic qualities to a maximum and provide a sweet, fruity, slightly acid taste.

Apart from these exceptional qualities in aroma or taste, this variety provides lush heavy harvests as its branches form very regularly, with short knots, which in turn give abundant flowering The dense structure of the flowers produces a greater number of buds than in plants with longer knots. Furthermore, the buds are very compact and numerous thick buds are produced on both the lower, longer branches as well as on the higher branches. This means that the calibre of the buds is relatively uniform, in other words, the smaller buds are larger than in most other varieties. This, and in the flowering speed, is where we can see the influence of the characteristic indica genotypes in this hybrid, whereas we can clearly see its sativa ascendancy in its aspect, in the psychoactive effects it produces -a physical and cerebral mixture- and in the complexity of its taste. Thus, apart from good hybrid vigour and bountiful flowering, which make it a highly productive and effective variety, we can appreciate its fruity taste of sweet berries.
The "Blue" influence is noticeable in the colour some of the plants acquire, violet, purple, reddish, more intense in outdoor harvests due to the colder temperature, as well as in the vigorous harvest, which multiplies quickly. For this reason, it is important to maintain the height of the plants under control at all times in indoor cultivation. Its strength is fairly high, combined with noticeable quantities of CBD, therefore producing a mixed effect.

More info and pictures to come soon! :peacetwo:

Re: Rebound Indoor Grow!! Big Bud and Deep Grapefruit!!

Woot you made it inside!!! Can't wait to see more good luck bro:lot-o-toke:

Right On Bro....
It is good to see that you are addicted like us all in growing the old electric lettuce.
I hope you post some pictures when you get all settled in.

I have a very good stock on hand now so I packed it up for couple of months. I also experienced mold for the first time drying my harvest it kind of bummed me out. I have caught it but I have lost 4 ounces or so.
It was a good set up I had going . It was set up that once started I would get 6 plants every 2 weeks which roughly gave me no less then 6 ounces and I did that 4 times until I decided to stop.(place started to smell like a spicy skunk farm which I loved but thinking my neighbors might not.)
I have gotten a plant start to finish to grow under t-5's so when I get going again I will just do all my growing under t-5's. I will be able to do at least 4 maybe 6 at max at a time.
I will still be here time to time to see how things are going.:thumb:

:hookah::bigtoke:

Well here's the three...
the-three1.228935

Looks good can't wait to see them get bigger. Make sure you have those florescents close to the girls, don't want them to start stretching:lot-o-toke:

Woot you made it inside!!! Can't wait to see more good luck bro:lot-o-toke:

:yahoo: thanks maan! hoping to grow some beauties! :)

(and the lights are about 2 inches away from them. we have a leaning tower of box like objects holding the babies close to the lights... because the lighting company our light fixture came from... came with foot long chains ;) )

Right On Bro....
It is good to see that you are addicted like us all in growing the old electric lettuce.

I have a very good stock on hand now so I packed it up for couple of months. I also experienced mold for the first time drying my harvest it kind of bummed me out. I have caught it but I have lost 4 ounces or so.

I will still be here time to time to see how things are going.:thumb:

:hookah::bigtoke:

Electric lettuce :yummy: haha

Sorry to hear about the mold problem! how'd the rest of the harvest smoke? nice and tasty I hope?

:ganjamon:

Electric lettuce :yummy: haha

Sorry to hear about the mold problem! how'd the rest of the harvest smoke? nice and tasty I hope?

:ganjamon:
still curing it but the stuff I saved is really good and while waiting for it to cure I put off oil with 3 ounces of shake which was dry!! got 2G's or so
This stuff is really good ,knock you to the couch in split time lol:)
20101010230935_1_.jpg

:yahoo: thanks maan! hoping to grow some beauties! :)

(and the lights are about 2 inches away from them. we have a leaning tower of box like objects holding the babies close to the lights... because the lighting company our light fixture came from... came with foot long chains ;) )

Sounds good man, are you going to flower with the same lights or are you gonna use something else like an HPS light?

Ive got to discuss this more later with "schmokem" who I swear exists but is too lazy to make his account already...

We were thinking that by the time we get them into our grow cab, we would install our shop light down one wall of the grow box then hang some CFL's from the top of the box down.

I dont know a whole lot about lighting, I read a few forums on here about lighting, lumens, watts, etc to get the basics, but HPS lamps are....? are they pricey?

decent HPS setups can be found under ~200$ or build your own for about half that. - it does not need to come from a grower specific seller.

Checked in with 'schmokem' and we went to check out the babies. One of the three is looking great, but the other two are still not doing a whole lot. One hasnt popped the dirt yet, and one still has its shell on its outside, barely popped the dirt.

Its been almost a week now (day 6) and not sure what their deal is... how long should I give them before safely calling them duds? maybe they will pop in the next few days?

Checked in with 'schmokem' and we went to check out the babies. One of the three is looking great, but the other two are still not doing a whole lot. One hasnt popped the dirt yet, and one still has its shell on its outside, barely popped the dirt.

Its been almost a week now (day 6) and not sure what their deal is... how long should I give them before safely calling them duds? maybe they will pop in the next few days?
I would give them awhile longer, you never know if it might pop.

The 600 watt HPS (high pressure sodium) i bought was about 270... That would kind of be overkill for 3 plants. Plus you would have to buy somekind of exhaust fan or the temps would skyrocket. If you don't want to buy an exhaust fan, I would get an LED or maybe some 2700K CFL bulbs.

I bet the light you have would work for flower but I doubt you would get as much fat, dense nuggies. Just some food for thought. One time I used a 150 watt HPS for a few plants and it worked pretty well. With a 150 watt you don't really need it to be aircooled.

I see buying a good solid light a very good investment. One ounce and you got your money back... And if you do get an HPS light get a digital ballast! They are amazing!!!

184$ us for dual arc bulb and Digital ballast and socket harness 400watt. My ballast is a little different I can switch it to 400 or 600 watt ,I don't think he sales them any more. But the link i will give you this guy is pretty cheap and the bulbs are outstandingly cheap and are top of the line .He seems to have only 400w at this time but dual arc 400w is all you need less heat then hps and leafs are way better looking.it will sustaine a room 4X4X8h which i can grow 8 normal or 24 SOG some say they have done 48 in SOG
Here is the place I visit for anything lights.

Hobby Lights Oneshop <---click on this

I can get 4 bulbs off him for the price of one in the store with shipping included.
The 400 watt dual arc I got now I ran it for 3 years 12 hours a day and still as bright as ever I even ran it under a 600w setting for a day or 2 to see if I could blow it but no luck it is still going strong. My friend who bought his light at the store has replaced his already and almost on his 3rd.:morenutes::420:

If you decide you need a tent here is where I got mine the cheapest around and the inside is done with mylar. They are the only tents that are fire rated and are uv blocked to outside(that means it won't matter if they use a UV or heat gun at your house they still won't see it , plus unless you really have too! who grows anywhere else then the basement, 8" of concrete can block allot.

this guy has allot even some cheap lights to but his tents are A1 and cheap

Zero Pulse <---click there

PS. I have seen seeds go for like 10 days before they sprouted and the ones that were late were mostly female and the best plants. After 2 weeks to be safe I would dig it up ever so gently and inspect it with out touching. If the seeds are black they would be duds .If they are cracked and have white some where let them go a bit they will sprout usually. Remember the freaks I had they were really late sprouting and look what happened ,they became my best plant and I just smoked a joint and I can say that it is the sh@#. Ha Ha I just got another gram of oil off the shake so that is 3 gram off the shake of 3 plants and it has a pretty good kick it to come from shake.
No matter in oil or just it self I do like the trippy head high it gives ,Makes you think about what you were just thinking about if that makes sense.

hope_comparison.jpg

Hi all, I finally made 'schmokem,' and Here's officially the first girl above ground.
we named her Hope =) Thought I'd snap a size comparison to
a nug of trainwreck.

Back
Top Bottom