Lebowskii and Schmokem's Perpetual Indoor Grow: 400w Veg 1000w Flower

Powder mildew is a systemic mildew that will stay in your plant nearly indefinately once you get it, the most common cause of PM infestation is an already infected clone being brought into a garden where there are plants that are un infested(mind you like i said its systemic just because its not showing up doesn't mean its gone)

The life cycle of PM begins with a spore, the spore finds its way into an enviorment that the humidity is high enough to live and a surface the live on IE: your leaf. It will then put a tap root down into your plant and suck the same nutrience that your plant feeds off of until it is full the the reproduction happens. Once full it will develoup THOUSANDS of spores and when they are ready the original spore will burst putting more young spore back into the enviornment starting the cycle over.

and remember spores breed in high humidity and spread in low humidity so treat at 2 differn't times, 1 time being if you get a hot day coming off a streak of mild days, and then the 2nd time is vise versa when the temp has been hot and it begins to dip back down, consistant temps will help greatly in the battle of PM because it will only be doing one of the the 2 things spreading or breeding not both.

Hope this helps and i made that clear enough, i wish i could Copy and paste stuff out of my brain

Powder mildew is a systemic mildew that will stay in your plant nearly indefinately once you get it, the most common cause of PM infestation is an already infected clone being brought into a garden where there are plants that are un infested(mind you like i said its systemic just because its not showing up doesn't mean its gone)

The life cycle of PM begins with a spore, the spore finds its way into an enviorment that the humidity is high enough to live and a surface the live on IE: your leaf. It will then put a tap root down into your plant and suck the same nutrience that your plant feeds off of until it is full the the reproduction happens. Once full it will develoup THOUSANDS of spores and when they are ready the original spore will burst putting more young spore back into the enviornment starting the cycle over.

and remember spores breed in high humidity and spread in low humidity so treat at 2 differn't times, 1 time being if you get a hot day coming off a streak of mild days, and then the 2nd time is vise versa when the temp has been hot and it begins to dip back down, consistant temps will help greatly in the battle of PM because it will only be doing one of the the 2 things spreading or breeding not both.

Hope this helps and i made that clear enough, i wish i could Copy and paste stuff out of my brain

Good stuff...Learn something everyday..

Me too man me too, when you stop your dead. or might as well be dead because your not the type thats contributing anything good.

Great info! We will continue at least 'containing' the PM. as long as we can keep it to a bare minimum untill all the plants are finished up, Ive been contemplating having schmokem leave the flower room empty for a few days just so we can spray it down with some water/bleach and completely clean out the room. unfortunately, our OP is in a basement. not the cleanest of places.

Ill be sure to get some pics of the oil experimentation I attempt this weekend... ;) :peace:

My apologies, this photo update is a day behind... I actually got these pictures a day ago, just didnt have the time to get them up and posted.

UPDATE
Schmokem found another male. this time it was a royal hash. kinda bummed because I really wanted to see something good come from the royal hashes as the one that is actually flowering right now is looking tasty already.

on a brighter note. we are going to be harvesting the next plants in line (the 3 gdps!)
one week apart... starting the 21st. We started to bud blast the first one and its packing on the weight now, and all kinds of color coming out in the leaves.

here are some pics!

Blue51.JPG

Blue41.JPG

Blue31.JPG

Look at the dark edges on the leaves... PURPLE ;)
Blue25.JPG

Blue11.JPG

Enjoy and as always, question comments concerns always welcome. off to grab a morning smoke ;)
~Leb

are you using anything to flush?

yeah, good ole plain h20. the last week we should flush. I didnt even think about flushing them at first but forgot we are using bud blaster this time around. i counted backwards from the 21st (actual chop day will be the... 22nd or 23rd after the couple days drying out in the dark before chop) we will be stopping the blasting monday or tuesday. We are still working out the fundamental kinks in our grow... but eventually im sure we will figure out a better system or find something to flush our girls with... ;)

Suck about the male but sounds like you are getting some buds and that's what we all are looking for. Very nice...Bless...

Well. its that time again. ;)

First off. the mildew battle is turning in our favor lately. the warmer weather has helped keep it down to a bare minimum. its not 100% gone, but not NEARLY as prominent as it used to be. We started the flush for the gdp next in line to be chopped.

Smoked some of the white rhino. Good !@#$. as soon as the smoke hits my lungs, I get a nice little face buzz going on. not quite as bad as our super silver hush, but then all of a sudden my shoulders feel like they are being massaged... and then slowly it creeps down to my legs... and then after about 20-30 minutes. im couch locked and loving life. hands down I give this strain/plant an 8/10 ;) ;)

O yeah. here are some pics of the ones not done yet...
Purple17.JPG

Purple25.JPG

Purple43.JPG

Purple34.JPG

Purple73.JPG

Purple53.JPG

You can see the purple REALLY coming out in the gdp. the leaves and the buds. some of the buds are straight purple. Im sure you hear this a lot on these forums... but the camera really doesnt do these girls justice... ;) enjoy. ;)

p.s. the veg room seen in last shot got trimmed down a bunch. they are getting very bushy ;)

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now, since you marked this as a perpetual grow, but I haven't seen any updates in a while.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

So. we chopped all of the plants except for our last two to finish, one GDP and one White Rhino. got some bud shots of them. Made some pretty decent hash oil with the hash plants, dont have a camera at the moment or id grab a shot of it. about a gram and a halfs worth with trim and about half of my bud. we got roughly two ounces each out of the two or three most recent plants.

GDP was really good, smoked nice, and put you in your own little world. good stuff. anyways. picture time.

Green12.JPG

Green22.JPG

Green42.JPG

They still have till the 26th of this month to go too. they are just swelling up right now. Schmokem and I agreed they are the best ones to come out yet. we are excited to try them :]

We plan on running to the city to grab some clones. apx 6-8 healthy clones of something strong. we plan on bringing both lights together into one room and all the fans and everything focused on just those plants. The outcome... hopefully less plants.. but more bud. We plan on giving them a Long Veg Time to ensure massive buds :] anyways. stay cool.

Back
Top Bottom