Cy's Organic Grow From Seed

Hi all I am a second generation grower who has watched and help my dad grow since i was a little kid. My sister recently left her husband and moved back to my parents with her 4 kids. He got paranoid about my brother in law calling the cops so he shut down mid grow. He had 4 seeds left with over 40 years of work going into his personal strain. One day i was talking to him about growing and he busted out these seeds and said "dont f___k this up." I said "Okay."

First we'll start with the strain.

My dad started experimenting with growing our favorite plant when he got back from vietnam and got some columbian gold that had too many seeds. So he said eff this i am planting this crap in my back yard. Although he said he started them too late in the season he learned some very important things. For example, he found out that the male plants give you the worst head ache ever when smoked and the females were the one that got you stoned.
Fast forward a few years and he was cross pollinating panama red with Thai. Then came the introduction of skunk to the bay area. So my dad said why not lets mix that in too. Fast forward again... A friend of his moved to Kona Hawaii where he purchased land in a coffee plantation. When my dad's friend went to check out the land he found locals living in a coffee shack where they were already growing weed. Instead of kicking them out he made friends with them and told them that growing was his intentions.... My father ended up visiting his buddy one summer and ended up trading some plain old columbian gold for a bag of Kona weed. There ended up being a few seeds in the bag that my dad took back to the mainland and added to the mix. Over the next 25 years he's mixed in Northern Lights, Shiva, Bubble berry, Silver haze, white widow and XXX. So basically this is a super healthy strain that i have seen produce my entire life.

Lighting

600 watt hps in an empty 400 sq ft. room( I know a lot of space for 4 plants but my wife wont let me go balls to the wall). Sectioned a 4x4 area with some panda poly. I'm going to be growing my babies in CC's updated mix. You can find the mix all over the internet theonly difference is that i used fresh sand crab shells that I harvested from a local beach instead of using crab meal. I started my seeds i 1 gallon pots and will be transplanting them into 7 gallon air pots. I will post pictures when i figure out how. Until then, wish me luckkkk abd smoke a few joints.
Peace out cy the electrician

CAM000371.jpg
CAM000564.jpg
CAM000627.jpg
CAM000636.jpg
CAM000644.jpg

CAM000371.jpg
CAM000564.jpg
CAM000627.jpg
CAM000636.jpg
CAM000644.jpg

The bigger ones are about 2.5weeks into veg, and I just put the little one into soil about 5 days ago.

I am using a living organic soil, so nutes are not necessary. However, i do give them weekly foliar sprays of ACT, Lactose B., Aloe tea from fresh aloe vera, and an enzyme tea using coconut water. Everything seems fine, I just copy what I have learned from my dad and various other people hear at 420 mag

The Celt to the rescue... I will join in and try to gain a little more knowledge. Thanks for the Journal Cy. Subbed

Looking good Mate :) I have a couple friends on here I am going to send over to check things out as well. I think they will be quite interested in the strain your father bred :thumb: 2 of us grow organically and the third is learning about it now and going to try the organic way.

I'm in. You had me with the very first line. Let me go back and start from the beginning.

Hey Mtn Dew, I try to look in on new members and new journals daily. This one looks really interesting with Cy's father having bred the strain ;)

The super strain got my attention too. Plus cant pass up on the organics...

I'm excited. I love the passing of the touch. That soil mix is such a golden choice all you really have to do is sit back and watch it grow your plants. The easiest soil in the world to grow in. Will you be doing no-till with the soil? It really responds well to that. Mine just had the forth cycle planted into it. I couldn't be happier with how it's performing.

Worms. Worms love this soil, and they till for you.

Your dad has nothing to worry about. Make him proud Cy. :love:

It's a pleasure to meet another LOS cultivator.

I'm in, a family heritage grow sounds delicious.
:thumb:

:popcorn:

Thak you Mr. The Celt, Mt. Dew, Mrs. Sweet Sue and Guam Bomb!! I appreciate all of the kind words and good energy coming in from you guys. I have followed your guy's posts and journals in the past and have been inspired by you guys and gals to come out of hiding to create my first ever grow journal. I am by no means a professional botanist, so if anyone would like to drop some knowledge on me I will sponge it in because one can never stop learning how to better craft their trade.

Back
Top Bottom