Cy's Organic Grow From Seed

Why yes Sue i do plan to make this a no till soil. And by the way, you are one of the good people on here that inspired me to use this method as I have followed along on some of your journals and was impressed with the results. So thank you!!

CAM000686.jpg
CAM000695.jpg
Here is a fresh shot of the babies this morning after an enzyme tea spray last night. I'm always amazed by the way the plants react to it. I just topped #1 last night also.

Subbed up CY, looks like an interesting grow and I love the fact that these seeds have been around your family for years in one form or another. I'm particularly interested in going organic myself and have just started my first ever batch of compost so maybe I can pick up a thing or two. Good luck with the grow and I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines :thumb:

Thanks for the shout TheCelt, and thanks for helping CY stay with the community instead of disappearing back underground. That would have been a true travesty :goodjob:

Hello again every one. Just checking in to talk about a grow methods and what I plan to use during this grow. First off, I'm an outdoor grower moving inside for the first time in about 10 years. Why?you ask. Well as a proud husband and father of 3, I talked myself in to getting my kids a puppy. Well, that puppy is a stoner. I usually grow 2 plants a year which is more than enough for my wife and i to enjoy until the next harvest. My dog ate both of my plants this year. R.I.P. Atomic NL R.I.P Dark heart nursery Tahoe OG. Anyway, I never really grew my dads strain because we'd end up trading buds after harvest. When he stopped growing I didn't talk about it too much because I could tell it bothered him.
I believe these are more of a land race strain so Im not sure how long i will have to veg them, or how long they will take in flower. So Im just going to play it by ear. With these plants I am hoping to have 6 to 8 main colas with not much undergrowth. Or cabbage as my dad calls it. During my failed college attempt. I successfully ran 4 closet gh hydro runs in rockwool. Run #1 had plants with yields of only 1/4 oz apiece. I brought my dad in the next time around he I learned that nothing can duplicate the sun. Yes our sun is more powerful than any light that will ever be created. He came in topped them told me what leave to pinch to open up light to the rest of the plant and next thing you know my yield went from1/4 oz-1/2 oz to 1 oz 1 1/2 oz plants. Not bad for a punk kid at 19 yrs. Old. So i will be using this same method on these babies and will try ti explain as i go through the process. Gotta go to work so until next time, I'm out!

CAM000636.jpg

CAM000864.jpg
CAM000627.jpg
CAM000878.jpg

Hi everyone here is an update on the plants a few days after topping and defoliating a few select leaves. As you can see, there has been an explosion of new growth.

We need to let Conradino know about this one. I think the genetic history and the family history will appeal to him. Does UncleCannibis know about this grow? Oh Cy, this one is exciting.

The leaf structure on them is lovely. You're doing a wonderful job already. The soil is magnificent and how happy am I to hear you're going no-till. My plans are falling neatly into place it appears. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm touched that I was able to inspire you Cy. A strain this special deserves the gold standard soil to thrive in. It will improve the taste and potency. Your Dad may be pleasantly surprised. This mix improves the terpene development and variety, which in turn intensifies the buzz.

Give your Dad a hug from me for saving these seeds for you to resurrect his baby. :hug:

Gotta run. Battery's running out and I'm far from home. Later Cy. :hug: It's my 420 mag anniversary day, so I'm in a hugging mood.

Thank you sue, these leaves are really taking shape, and I'm really impressed with the way these plants are taking to this soil. Funny thing is that when I was talking to my dad about all of this indoor living organic soil he kind of rolled his eyes. I understand though, but I think he will be excited when i bring him over to see what is going on.

Very interesting grow you got started here, I am not sure what method of growing you like to use being new to indoor I'd love to give you a few ideas. I see you are already topping the plants that's great, I'd suggest some LST " low stress training". Basically you take ties or little hangers or anything you can find to force branches to stay low and spread here is an example of what I am talking about. I hope you don't mind me posting pics.
20150524_104812.jpg
20150525_073013.jpg

The next method I'd like to suggest if you don't already know about the scrog "screen of green". This one you would do after the lst and spread the branches into a net you build. You want to weave the plant in and out of the net to keep her low and you can get more branches and yield in a smaller space. Combine the screen with super cropping. Just bend branches down and force them where you want. Once the screen is full you flip the switch :). NOTE: its safe to do a little lst, super cropping and weaving in the net for the first 2 weeks of flowering to help control the stretch. Here is a pic of the idea I used for my screen. Spent 8$ at home depot. Pvc pipe, 4 corner pieces and string. Have not put the string in yet just going to drill holes and tie them, then weave the string in. I also have not built my legs for it yet because I don't know how tall I need mine to be yet. Hope this helps with your indoor transformation and I can't wait to see your family strain flower. Good luck:thumb:
20150913_122913.jpg

That looks like hps lighting to me, are you doing veg with hps? I would not recommend that for 2 reason. 1. Iv always heard hps give off the type of light the plant needs for flowering. Light like t5, cfl, and mh give off a different type of light the the plant likes for veg. I don't know the proper names sorry :). Reason 2 is veg is normally 18 hours of lights on. That 6 more hours of power going to that hps than what normally would during flowering. T5s, and cfl take a lot less power to run than a hps. They also put out less heat. Good luck and happy growing to you friend.

Hello glimmerglass, Heirloom, closed circuit, and double vision. Welcome aboard! Its great to have you all here as I go along with this journal. First things first, I started this journal without any expectations, and it's exploding into something thatg I never expected. I'd once again like to thank everyone for their words of encouragement and advice.

Heirloom, great question. I do plan on seeding the crap out of one of these if I happen to get a male. My main goal is to keep this thing going so I can pass it down to the next generation. If I dont get a male, I will have lots of work cloning, finding another strain to mix in and then back crossing an original clone to try to keep the original genetics going.
Double Vision, it is a good observation in the fact that i am using a hps light in veg. When I started this grow it was more of an emergency, dare I say half @§§ed start up of an indoor grow. When the puppy assaulted my plants, I knew I had to start over with a new approach. I wasn't going to get rid of my kids new dog just for killing a few plants. I was disappointed, but who could blame her for enjoying a little cannabis? So I started researching different sites, started a soil mix thanks to Sue's soil discussion thread that she started and I was just going to save up some cash and try to get everything together over time. When I was handed these seeds, I got a little excited. I literally unpacked my lights from the same box that I put them in when I came home from school. As some of you may know, having kids is expensive sometimes, so money gets a little tight. I never knew that you can veg under T5 fluorescent lights, so when i get some extra money I will definitely invest in some fluorescent grow lights. Thanks for the tip. When it comes to the different methods, they all are intriguing, but i am going to use the LST technique because it seems the least complicated at the moment. I would like to try the scrog method but I think I will try that next go around.

Yesterday was a big day. I transplanted them into their final pots, possibly a bit early, but my dog also enjoys premium soil as well as cannabis. She couldn't stop messing with it so i just transplanted them. Either way, the roots were extremely white and healthy so I was happy with that. After potting up I started LST on them thanks to double vision. Here are some pics.

Looking great man, I'll have to try sues and your soil mix for one of my tents, I want to go organic badly but it's a little more complicated than the nutrients I normally use. I was going to try guano next round but this live organic soil seems so much better :) this is why I love these forums, so much useful information passed around. I learn something new every day! :) may the gods of the garden bless you all upon your journey.:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom