Cy's Organic Grow From Seed

SWOGA I'm trying hard with this pup, but animals are like people in a way that some are smarter than others. I dont think she is dumbest dog I've ever had, but she is far from the brightest. Fortunately for her, she loves my kids and is one of the friendliest dogs i have ever had. I think that I just need to be patient with her and keep on working with her any maybe she'll fall in line.

When friends walk in my house, upon greeting my Choc. Lab, I know which pocket their herb is in. He absolutely loves to sniff it. Sounds like the kids have a good dad.

Hi everybody just got the electric bill today, and as I was warned by numerous people, it was through the roof. Needless to say, the wife aint happy. Headed to homies depot to cop some cfls. I still want to use my hps for flower, but was wondering if I could flower with a mixture of the 2? Say 6 hrs withthe hps and 6 hrs with the cfls? I would also consider using fluorescent if they are a better option than Cfls. What do you think?

Hi everybody just got the electric bill today, and as I was warned by numerous people, it was through the roof. Needless to say, the wife aint happy. Headed to homies depot to cop some cfls. I still want to use my hps for flower, but was wondering if I could flower with a mixture of the 2? Say 6 hrs withthe hps and 6 hrs with the cfls? I would also consider using fluorescent if they are a better option than Cfls. What do you think?
It's not as bad in flowering cause you only run 12 12 and not 18 6. Iv completed an entire grow with 1 plant with cfl got about half oz of low grade fluffy bud, I woukd not recomend the cfl for flowering. If you are looking to save energy for flowering id go with led. I know how thst hps power bill is haha I use a 600wmh for the last 3 pr 4 weeks of veg and it hurts your pocket haha. Then 600 hps for flowering.

Just got back from the old man's house for a one sided conversation, or lecture that kinda went like this "You little dip shit(I got him b

y 3 inches and 50 lbs) whats your problem are you stupid or did ya just not pay attention. I told you about that stupid light of yours. How many times did I have your big ass(now I'm a big ass) lug those pots in and out when you'er a kid?"
"Aaa lot. Isn't it too late for that."
"No dumbass the solstice starts next week. How long you had those things growing?"
"All together or just in veg?"
"All together."
"About 2 months."
"Take home my hand truck so you you can carry those giant pots in and out. Move that big stupid light to the garage get your lazy ass up fix the dog runner in your back yard so your idiot dog wont eat em and bring them outside. Use the sun its about to be 12 hour days and night.
"But they look so good."
"You want to spend a million bucks a month for 2 plants?"
"I have 4 but I havent put the other two into veg."
"Whatever bring those little ones back here tomorrow. Get your priorities straight you got 3 kids. You know any time you make it to harvest your lucky. You watch they'll take off and you'll get some good shit. Use the sun its free. I dont give a fuck what anyone says that ball in the sky is better than any light. Use the light and the sun I don't care. But what i would do is bring them in on shitty days and let the sun take care of them."
"What about cloning them?"
"I come take some when they start to flower."
"??"
"Clone em put them under a fluorescent for 24 hr light for a while and wait till you see what kind of plants they make."
"Alright dad I gotta go."
"Wait lets smoke another joint."
"Alright ya talked me into it. You know alot of the stuff Ive read about is shit I've seen you do."
"No shit huh?"

----Well I got some work to do. I don't know whats going to happen now but Im going to take a back seat on this one. It is his hard work that Im messing with. Besides he hasnt led me wrong yet. And at least he wants those two seedlings back. I may have lit a fire under his ass and he might come out of retirement. Until next time--Cy

Pops is right.....give 'em sun. Bring them in on bad days.

To save electricity have you looked into GLR (Gas Lantern Routine)? I've used it with success, mostly. Some plants don't like it. My Blue Dream at the time didn't. But several others did fine.

12/12 is an indoor thing. Used because it will get any strain to flower. It really doesn't apply to outdoor. Various strains need different uninterrupted dark periods. Some I've personally seen need as little as 8 1/2 hrs dark. Some closer to 11.

Here is a link to a web site I reference from time to time. Find the location nearest you and it gives you all sorts of useful info about position of the sun through out the day and year, sunrise/sunset, day light hours etc.

Sunrise, sunset, dawn and dusk times around the World - Gaisma

It's not as bad in flowering cause you only run 12 12 and not 18 6. Iv completed an entire grow with 1 plant with cfl got about half oz of low grade fluffy bud, I woukd not recomend the cfl for flowering. If you are looking to save energy for flowering id go with led. I know how thst hps power bill is haha I use a 600wmh for the last 3 pr 4 weeks of veg and it hurts your pocket haha. Then 600 hps for flowering.

I, on the other hand stuffed close to 400watts of CFLs into a 1'x2' closet with two autos and harvested 4.5 oz of rock-hard sticky buds from them. It's all in what you do with the light. I wasn't satisfied with light from above. I went for surround lighting. Worked quite well.

Hello 420 community.
After a long day yesterday I was able to come up with a game plan on fixing my lighting predicament. I am very thankful to be surrounded by skilled growers who are ready to come to the rescue at a moments notice. As my dad and heirloom suggested I will be moving the larger plants outside after my sister in law leaves from her visit. With the smaller ones I'll be using sues suggestion of using about 400 watts worth of CFLs at different levels surrounding the plants. I personally feel lucky to have you along for the ride, sue, as I have referenced her journals multiple times when I was lurking in the shadows gathering info. I would also suggest anyone else interested in organics To check them out because they are extremely well written and the results speak for themselves. Also, in the future i will be taking double visions advice and investing in an led light. So now I plan on using the sun along with lighting. A method that i have seen my dad use to have multiple harvest a year. Although his winter crops were never as good as spring or fall crops even he will tell you that the soil he used is nothing compared to the soil that I have been working on. With the younger ones i will utilize the sun during the day and then bring them inside to give them the few extra hours of light required for veg. I will post pics later, but at the moment its lights out and i have a compost heap to turn, and i have to tend to my veggie garden in preparation for the upcoming winter crops I plan on growing.

Glad you were able to figure something out man. I was super excited to see you grow your family strain. Hope you keep pics of the outdoor one too. That's awesome I can't wait tell I have my own strain. You motivated me to try. Good luck with everything :thumb:

A solid, well-thought-out plan. I'm glad you caught the idea of surrounding the plant with light. I think that's the single biggest failing with use of CFLs. I got the results I did because I put those lights at all levels and turned those plants religiously 1/4 turn every day. By the time I harvested I had the best and brightest running to my journal for updates.

I'm flattered Cy. I'm just as excited to watch you pull this off. I like your dad, incidentally. A straight-talkin' kind of guy.

CAM001243.jpg
CAM001234.jpg
CAM001273.jpg
CAM001265.jpg
CAM001254.jpg
Update 9/20/15
Busy day today as I had lots of things to do. First off, I top dressed my pots with soil from my compost heap. Some people may disagree with this but I feel that adding a diverse amount of different local microbial life to my plants will be greatly beneficial to not only the plants, but also the colonies of microbes and fungi living in the soil. On a larger scale grow I may reconsider, but with only having a few plants Im not too worried. These plants were bred to be in soil not rock wool, not clay pellets, not coco coir(a fancy french word for coconut fiber) SOIL. I want my soil to act like soil, and the diversity of different types of insect castings in my soil makes sense. I also watered with a compost tea probably the last one I will give them until I transition them into bloom. In which I will probably hit them with a more fungus based tea. I also did some more LST on them by simply moving their ties higher up on the branch. I'll be vegging these probably for another week and a half or two.
Update on the smaller ones. #3 is finally in veg. To me the structure of the leaves scream MALE. I waill get into this more later, but Im calling it now. MALE. Unfortunately for #4, it kicked the bucket. May it compost in peace. 3 outta 4 aint bad considering that these seeds were about 5 yrs. old. Talk to you all later--Cy

I think that's the single biggest failing with use of CFLs. I got the results I did because I put those lights at all levels and turned those plants religiously 1/4 turn every day. By the time I harvested I had the best and brightest running to my journal for updates.
true, when I grew with cfl it was only a top light. I was a rookie and I borrowed a 125w cfl kinda like the ones I use for veg now. I really wish I had joined 420 mag back then I would have added more lights lower down. I also think it came out horrible due to genetics, it was bag seed. Smelled good but it had a few seeds.

those plants are looking great cy. Keep on doing what you are doing they seem to like it. :thumb:

Just got back from the old man's house for a one sided conversation, or lecture that kinda went like this "You little dip shit(I got him b

y 3 inches and 50 lbs) whats your problem are you stupid or did ya just not pay attention. I told you about that stupid light of yours. How many times did I have your big ass(now I'm a big ass) lug those pots in and out when you'er a kid?"
"Aaa lot. Isn't it too late for that."
"No dumbass the solstice starts next week. How long you had those things growing?"
"All together or just in veg?"
"All together."
"About 2 months."
"Take home my hand truck so you you can carry those giant pots in and out. Move that big stupid light to the garage get your lazy ass up fix the dog runner in your back yard so your idiot dog wont eat em and bring them outside. Use the sun its about to be 12 hour days and night.
"But they look so good."
"You want to spend a million bucks a month for 2 plants?"
"I have 4 but I havent put the other two into veg."
"Whatever bring those little ones back here tomorrow. Get your priorities straight you got 3 kids. You know any time you make it to harvest your lucky. You watch they'll take off and you'll get some good shit. Use the sun its free. I dont give a fuck what anyone says that ball in the sky is better than any light. Use the light and the sun I don't care. But what i would do is bring them in on shitty days and let the sun take care of them."
"What about cloning them?"
"I come take some when they start to flower."
"??"
"Clone em put them under a fluorescent for 24 hr light for a while and wait till you see what kind of plants they make."
"Alright dad I gotta go."
"Wait lets smoke another joint."
"Alright ya talked me into it. You know alot of the stuff Ive read about is shit I've seen you do."
"No shit huh?"

Hi, Cy! I just wanted to pop in and say that this dialogue is brilliantly written (and recalled) -- you are quite the writer :) I laughed like a drain ...

Good evening everyone not much going on today, but was hoping to share a short story from my younger days living in my parents house.
It was fall of 2003 in an undisclosed location in Northern California. That summer, I realized that College wasn't for me. Not that I didn't have fun, I was well on my way to achieving a masters in being a drunk. But as we all know, being a drunk by night doesn't get you an education by day. So I decided to do what many drunk college drop outs do, become an electrician. My mom wasn't very happy about it, and to this day, I still think she's a little bitter. My dad on the other hand was disappointed but happy to have me back home. My parents decided to take a vacation for a few weeks and my dad left me in charge of his plants. About 40 of them.
"Alright Cy, bring the plants in the evening, and take them back out when the light goes out, I have them on a timer."
"Ok dad no problem. See you in a few weeks."
It was a Saturday morning. I just got done burning a fatty to the head when someone started pounding on the door. Who the fuck is knocking on the door at 7 in the morning like the god damn po-lice? I opened the door and it was the god damn police.
"Can I help you officer?" A huge indoe cloud hitgs him in the face.
He took a few steps back and says"Do you have any dogs?"
"Yeah I have 2. Did they get out?" I replied.
"No they didn't get out. What kind of dogs are they?"
"Pitt bulls. Why?"
"Do you mind bringing them in the house? We believe a suspect jumped the fence into your back yard."
Why didn't my dogs bite the shit outta him I wondered."Ok no problem." What the Fuck I thought I got about forty plants in the back yard this fucken guys gonna get me popped. I closed the door a ran to the back yard. My dogs were at the gates growling at another officer. Ok thats why they didn't bite the shit outta him,I thought to myself, they're worried about the pigs at the gate. I had no concerns about "the suspect"as in my neighborhood running from the cops was an excepted thing. If you got away, awesome. If you got pinched, well, that sucks. Im kinda in a panic at this point, theres too many plants for me to move and not enough time. I can hear the piggy at the gate and he's probably wondering why I haven't even attempted to call my dogs off. I'm carrying a big ass plant into the patio when I hear someone whistling and out of the corner of my eye I see someone behind the grapevines in the very corner of the backyard. It was the back neighbor Dougie. Someone who had meth head parents growing up and moved into the house behind us after his grandfather passed away.
"Dougie," I said, "What the fuck are you doing back here?" I put down the plant and started walking towards him.
"Its all bad Cy." He said, his eyes wide open from the adrenaline rush.
"No shit its all bad! What tfhe fuck did you jump my fence for? Jump into someone else's yard.
"There was hella cops I just ran."
Damn right there's hella cops they're knocking at my door and shit. They want to come back here and look for you. You're gonna get me fucken pinched and shit. You're lucky my dogs didn't bite the shit outta you they're more worried about the god damn pigs at the gate."
Dougie looked around and saw about 30 plants blowing in the wind. "Holy shit man, I'm so fucken sorry I didnt know." He said.
"Well you know now and if I let them back here Im going down with you. You gotta get the fuck outta here."
"I'm so sorry Cy," he tells me again. Can I go through your house?"
"Fuck no!" I replied. "I hate to do this to you, but there's a pig waiting for you at the gate and you're gonna march your ass over there and that pig is gonna arrest you." I saw the look in his eyes, and I felt bad, but I wasn't getting busted for this clown, and he understood.
"I'm sorry Cy," he tells me again.
"No, I'm sorry Dougie. This is the last thing I want to do, but you jumped in the wrong fucken yard.
I seriously felt bad, and that sort walk felt like the longest 30 feet ever. It was really a long walk over a short bridge. When we got to the gate, I opened it and there were the pigs.
"Are you Douglas Such and Such?
"Yes." He said.
"And your lucky my dogs didn't bite the shit outta you!" I said trying to play it cool. The cop turned him around as if he were going to let me hit him.
"Sorry Cy." He said again.
"See you in a few months Dougie." and I closed the gate.
What the fuck, I thought. What a way to start the day. I gotta burn one after this mess. I took. Back out the plants sat in the middle of them and said to myself wait til dad hears about this. I call him, tell him and all he says is
"Did the cops see the plants?"
"No"
"Good job son. See you in a week."

Oh my God Cy. Where have you been hiding??? Oh I love this site. Ahhh.... I can barely breathe Cy. Do you know how freakin' hard that was to read??? :rofl:

Ok. I'm gonna go try to sleep now. :laughtwo: Oh Cy....,, Thank you. :hug:

Little side note on Dougie. About a year later he achieved legendary status in his skills in evading police when during another raid he climbed onto his roof then climbed a big oak tree, and hugged a branch and waited until the cops left. He then climbed back onto his roof gave me and my dad a big wave hello and went back inside. We had a good laugh after that one

Back
Top Bottom