10 Plant Grow With 3 x Mars Hydro LED & Autopot

Don't drill a hole in the humidifier. Learn from my mistake. It lost it's vacuum and said BANG! Water everywhere.

The albino plant is not mine. Not sure if it's still alive.

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I believe plants store nutrients in their leaves in case they get the munchies and theres nothing else available. In the wild this would save the plant, but since were taking care of the plants every need, I believe they don't need as many leaves. They still need some for the photosynthesis but plucking away the big ones that block all the light hasn't slowed down any of my plants. I've even seen plants with no fan leaves at all during flower, and they still budded and finished. I'm also pretty sure the plant will put more focus on buds that have light than the ones covered up. So by uncovering more bud sites, the yield should also go up.

Thats just my thoughts on it. If you want to try an experiment, you could always pick out 2 lower bud sites that are covered up and just uncover 1 and see if that one gets noticeably bigger by the end.

Re: 10 Plant Grow With 3 x Mars Hydro LED & Autopot

I may do a side by side test in a later grow. I want to do a lot of weirdness and experiments with growing. Since I have a scientific background it's hard to resist to apply the scientific method to the grows. Just have to build up a buffer so I don't run out of buds to smoke if I have a total disaster in one of the experiments. For now I go the safe route. Keep following future grows and I'll do all sort of fucked up shit

That's a great idea

UPDATE#25

DAY 60
FLOWERING DAY 17
CLONES DAY 32

Welcome to day 60 everyone. It's 2 days since I did the big defoliation job. It has been budding pretty good since then. The plants have been drinking good lately, but still around 100 liters left in the tank. Won't fill it again until sometimes next week. I did a fucked up bending job on one of the Northern lights as it was about to hit the lamp. A pity I had that timer issue. That fucked up things me. I fear most of the plants will get so tall they grow into the lights. That will sadly end up reducing the yield as there ain't any places for me to bend them. The entire area is more or less full, so if I bend a top it will generate shadow for another. Fuck it! I will still get plenty of buds to smoke so I don't cry over this. I am however a perfectionist and this grow isn't as perfect as it should. Next time!

The humidity seems to be more or less under control. During lights off the humidity remain around 33% which forces the plants to generate some extra THC for me. During lights on it begins low and work itself upward as the temperature is raising. On the highest it reaches 55%, but only for a few hours every day. I am no longer worried about budrot or mold issues. The plants can handle this just fine. I do like that it creeps below 40% during lights off. The plants should be stressed just a little bit right now. It looks great in the grow-room. The plants are around 150-160 cm tall at this point! - I know! crazy shit!

0013323.jpg

Grow-room day 60 from seed

As we're getting closer to the end I have started thinking about what to do for next run. We have several options. I could go for clones, I could re-vegg this grow or parts of it or I could plant new seeds altogether. Am pretty much open for anything. If I do seeds I will go for White widow and maybe one more strain. Since the harvest time is different on the misc strains I grow right now, I can't re-vegg them all. But I could do it with the last I harvest which will be Big-bud & Amnesia. I have re-vegged those strains before and it's very fun. They become such monsters!

A part of me want to do just that, while another part of me want to start over clean with brand new strains. There was someone who asked me about re-vegging, so I am considering to do it just to show people how it's done. But on the other hand, there must be hundreds of grow-journals in here documenting that technique. What do you say folks?

I want to end today's update with some more photos. They are all starting to bud up good now. Still a long way to go though. I so wish I had something to smoke while waiting. I know myself well enough to know it will get harder and harder to lay off the buds. I always fall for temptation and start removing a bud here and there when we get closer to the end. I guess it's the same for all of us. We do love this shit after all.

0072216.jpg

Big-Bud

0062379.jpg

Big-Bud

0042871.jpg

Amnesia

0033077.jpg

Pure Power Plant

northern6.jpg

Northern lights

Northern lights are the least developed plants at this point. Kinda strange as they are the ones that's supposed to be harvested first. Starting to wonder why they're so slow. Never grew that strain before. Anyone have input on this subject?

DeVille

Re: 10 Plant Grow With 3 x Mars Hydro LED & Autopot

Still wonder why northern lights are less developed than the rest of the plants. Especially since they're supposed to finish 2-3 weeks before the other strains.

Anyone have experience with Northern lights who can tell me if this is normal? The plants look fine. They just seem to bud slower. If this continues, they'll probably finish after the others. Or does northern lights speed up at some point in time? I never grew this strain before. I just know they're supposed to finish very fast

Things are looking great DeVille. Great job.

Hard to say on the Northern Lights. I have found that the plants don't care much about
what they are supposed to do and just do what they want.

I would say that it will work out in the end. They look very healthy.
May just take a bit longer.

Cheers.

Did another brutal defoliation of the plants. This is the last time I remove leaves. I think it's looking good now. Got a lot more light to lower bud-sites. It should help make the popcorn buds a little more massive. Kinda just wanted to show you what I noticed today :) They start looking "cold"

frost6.jpg

Let's go a little bit closer
frost23.jpg

DeVille

Looks great man your's seem way more delveloped than mine are we started flowering about the same time I think that they are developing slower due to strains. One of mine has a northern light geneology as well so might have a bit to do with it but it probably means they will flower a bit longer. Looks great man :goodjob:

DEVILLE'S HARVEST - THE SMOKE OF HELL IS COMING SOON!

Perhaps a few weeks early for this modified 50's propaganda poster, but I thought it was so fun I'll post it right away :) I'll have a slightly different version ready for when harvest time is here.

DEVILLES.jpg

I fear most of the plants will get so tall they grow into the lights. That will sadly end up reducing the yield as there ain't any places for me to bend them. The entire area is more or less full, so if I bend a top it will generate shadow for another.

Its a crazy idea DeVille but..... if you could bend all the plants the same way, just lean them over sort of, you might gain a little head room and expose lower sites to more light. It would be a BIG job in your garden!!! but it might be a solution.

:popcorn:

It's actually not that crazy, but it would be quite challenging to reach all the tops. However! It doesn't seem they got any taller the past two days, so I may be lucky. Perhaps the stretch is over. Keeping my fingers crossed
Its a crazy idea DeVille but….. if you could bend all the plants the same way, just lean them over sort of, you might gain a little head room and expose lower sites to more light. It would be a BIG job in your garden!!! but it might be a solution.

:popcorn:

Yeah yours look like they should be done there stretching and will start on actually flowering I think I am a fan of the scrog net but not of my veg time. :goodjob:

CLONES DAY 35

2 of the clones are still looking like they may end up dead (Or they may already be dead)

The rest of them are finally starting to take off now. It really took much more time than I had imagined. At least I managed to save my most important genetics which is Big-bud. That strain has been grown by me for years now and I planted the last of these fantastic seeds for this grow. Each and every plant I have grown from that batch of seeds have been fantastic. Huge buds and ultra-high potency. Both head and body high/stoned. Very nice balanced mix between Sativa and Indica.

Also have 3 living Pure power plant clones. Never tested this strain before, but so far they're keeping up with the big-buds in the grow-room budding wise. So that may be a keeper as well. This one is Sativa dominant. The Northern lights may have a survivor as well. Then again it could be another pure power plant. I hate not knowing which is which plant. Did a little fuck up when I planted the seeds. It may seem I only have two northern lights and four Pure power plants. I will know for sure when the buds are getting big.

Also put a dying catnip plant in the tent to save it. The winter has been hard on it. Very few hours of daily light so far up north. In fact - parts of the year is completely dark. Hope it will start growing again. Gave it a root simulator and some canna nutrients. If that doesn't save it, nothing will

clones168.jpg

UPDATE#26

DAY 63
FLOWERING DAY 20
CLONES DAY 35

Today the 225 liter flexi-tank was almost empty, so I filled 200 liters of water and added:

600 ml of Canna hydro Flores A
600 ml of Canna hydro Flores B
250 ml of Canna PK 13/14
The rest of the Canna boost accelerator bottle

Then I pH'ed the water to around 6.0

This is the first feeding where I use the recommended amount of nutrients. Crossing my fingers it won't cause nutrient burn. Guessing this far out in the grow the plants should handle it just fine, but you never know. Am ready to flush at first sign of nutrient burn. Gambling just a little bit here to get the most massive buds possible.

After that I decided I wanted to test a hypothesis saying if you remove the lower branches, the top buds will grow bigger as the plants will focus all the energy on those. To test this hypothesis properly I did this to 3 of 10 plants. If those 3 yield the same amount or more as the plants I did not do this with, then this is a technique I will continue to use in future grows. Both because trimming a shitload of tiny popcorn buds is time consuming but also because it is a tool to keep humidity down in the grow-room. What do you folks think about this hypothesis?

001_-_big_bud.jpg

Pure power plant (Northern lights in the background)

002_-_big_bud.jpg

Amnesia & Big-Bud

003_-_northern_lights.jpg

Nortern lights (The one I bent to keep down)

004_-_pure_power_plant.jpg

Amnesia & Big-Bud

005_-_room.jpg

Grow-room day 63

Think I have determined I have 3 northern lights and 3 pure power plants. They are starting to differ in looks enough for me to determine this to a certain degree. Almost managed to convince myself today. The leaves look different on northern lights as it is almost 100% indica.

Did a quick-drying of the tiny popcorn buds from the lower branches. Believe it or not - it was actually pretty potent. That may be because I did not smoke anything in quite a while. I'm smiling anyway.

That was all for today

DeVille

Back
Top Bottom