10 Plant Grow With 3 x Mars Hydro LED & Autopot

Re: 10 Plant Grow With 3 x Mars Hydro LED & Autopot

Right now I have the lamps around 30-40cm from the canopy.

Before I raised the lamps they were around 5cm from the canopy. If they get closer than that the plants will be burned

May i know what is the haning distance you are using? :goodjob:

UPDATE#24

DAY 56
FLOWERING DAY 13
CLONES DAY 28

Not much to say in this update. Everything is progressing as expected. Actually it's going much better than expected. All the gear is working well together. Humidity and temperature seems to be under control. It's still around 5 weeks until the first harvest which will be the Northern lights. Then 2-3 weeks later the rest of the plants will be ready for harvest. Next time I'll be more careful to grow strains with similar flowering times. Because Northern lights finish earlier than the rest I won't be able to flush out the nutrients before I harvest that one.

Today's update is more of a photo-update. The plants are looking beautiful under the light from Mars pro II as they're slowly growing buds. I have a feeling the harvest will be good - In fact I think it will be so good I will have plenty to smoke while I wait for the next run to complete.

Used proper camera gear to take these photos - Enjoy!

C-001.jpg

Big-Bud

C-002.jpg

Northern lights

C-004.jpg

Pure power plant

C-005.jpg

C-006.jpg

C-007.jpg

C-008.jpg

Think the last 4 images if of Big-bud but not 100% certain. Can't remember which photo is which plant and at this point they all look extremely similar

Guess that would be possible in theory. But I may be too lazy for that

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Actually I have an extra tank for the Autopot system. Could possibly connect that one to the Northern lights

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I uploaded a short video of this grow anonymously on Vidme to show you how massive this grow is becoming. I can't catch it all on one photo any longer. The plants are almost as tall as me now. Shitty quality - Recorded with my telephone. Now as I have discovered anonymous video uploads, I may put together my professional video-rig and make a fancy clip at a later point

The third Mars-Hydro cup 2017 - 10 plant grow with 3x Mars Pro II 3... - vidme

Did a romantic gesture and picked a cannabouquet for my girlfriend. Think it was time to do a little defoil to let some more light through to lower buds. The plants are such huge monsters now and I think removing leaves will also help me to keep humidity down.

cannabukkett-001.jpg

cannabukkett-002.jpg

DeVille

In between the updates update :)

Today I put up the second 40cm Ram fan. Screwed it on a piece of wood and put it on the floor. The idea is to get the bottom parts of the plants aerated to avoid mold and other issues. I also did a big defoil. I removed an entire shopping bag of leaves. This is an attempt to reduce humidity and to get more lights on lower bud sites.

I have had this hypothesis that the plants need the leaves so I did not remove any until yesterday and today. I am starting to wonder if my hypothesis is nothing but utter bullshit. You see - I did some research and I found some good indications that defoiling on the contrary increases the yield substantially. Especially if you remove the leaves during flowering. Not sure about this of course as it is a controversial subject. But I am gonna give this method a try anyway since I have problems with high humidity and can't afford a dehumidifier right now.

Parts of an article stolen from a competing site. I paste it in here like this because it's against the rules to link to the competing sites of 420 mag. Credits goes to Keef Treez "The Defoliator" for writing this text:

"The topic of cannabis defoliation is one of the most controversial subjects in the marijuana growing field. People on both sides defend their position vehemently. I'm on the side that believe there is absolutely nothing stressful about defoliation or bending branches. Honestly, there is no way to achieve nearly a pound of buds from a 2-3 foot tall plant indoors, except using defoliation.(My plants are 5 feet now... -DeVille)

Opponents often have arguments like, "PLANTS NEED THOSE LEAVES! If they didn't, they wouldn't be there." (Yep - That totally sounds like me -DeVille) Or my all-time favorite, "I have a friend who used to grow, and he insists that will hurt the plant."
Yet the saddest part of all is how so few people are willing to look at the evidence.
(As I used to be a scientist before a work accident rendered me useless, I always follow the evidence and modify my beliefs accordingly to it. Show me proof I am wrong and I change my mind immediately -DeVille)

In some ways, I almost would prefer the rest of the growing world keep up their ill-advised lollipopping, removing growing tips, and other low-yield techniques. The defoliation technique has been loudly condemned by "experienced" growers for decades. Nevertheless, I am determined to educate other growers about defoliating and let them see the results for themselves. (Hope you're right about this as I don't want to lose yield for listening to you... -DeVille)

So let me start by giving you some picture proof that defoliation works (make sure you scroll down to see all of them!).
You see, I've been defoliating intensively for 30 years. I am now training plants to be 32" tall and 32" round and yielding 250-400 grams under 400 watt lamp.

How-To Tutorial: The Controversial Technique of Defoliation

Despite all the evidence (I've posted hundreds of pictures and shown dozens of growers in person), there is still somehow so much skepticism about defoliation techniques. Growers, especially new growers, often just say variations of, "It's common sense, how could removing any part of the plant cause you to get higher yields?"

I recently attended an advanced seminar with a prominent fellow grower and got roundly booed when attempting to describe the defoliation technique, even with pictures showing dramatic benefits.

Unlike many other growers, I believe what's most important is studying how the plant actually grows, instead of assuming she grows how we think she should grow. Real experimentation and unbiased observers are the only way growers are going to learn how to get the best yields for the amount of time, money, and effort. And it's true that some types of defoliation are brutal to the plants (such as when misguided growers removing all the leaves off extremely young marijuana plants), but other types of defoliation are actually hugely beneficial to increasing yields (I'll be showing you exactly what do do shortly).And defoliation is beneficial for more than just marijuana, it also has been proven to increase yields for certain other types of crops. For example, it's well-known that cowpeas experience significant increases in yields when up to 50% of their leaves are defoliated during their flowering stage.

But I will do my best to give you everything you need to start producing your own huge yields with marijuana defoliation.
But First, Let Me Show You About Increased Bud Production With Defoliation During the Flowering Stage

Before plucking
1661572263302.png

Immediately After Plucking
1661572274384.png

Just 4 days later, look at the incredible bud growth
1661572286592.png

Only 4 Days After That (after another defoliation session)
1661572297251.png

Are you beginning to see the power of defoliation?

So what do you folks think about this defoiling thing? Are you convinced?

DeVille

Brother I've been doing it for over 20 years myself. I totally believe in it and I believe you've seen one of my plants from the outdoors . It works I wouldn't grow any other way period.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using 420

In between the updates update :)

Today I put up the second 40cm Ram fan. Screwed it on a piece of wood and put it on the floor. The idea is to get the bottom parts of the plants aerated to avoid mold and other issues. I also did a big defoil. I removed an entire shopping bag of leaves. This is an attempt to reduce humidity and to get more lights on lower bud sites.

I have had this hypothesis that the plants need the leaves so I did not remove any until yesterday and today. I am starting to wonder if my hypothesis is nothing but utter bullshit. You see - I did some research and I found some good indications that defoiling on the contrary increases the yield substantially. Especially if you remove the leaves during flowering. Not sure about this of course as it is a controversial subject. But I am gonna give this method a try anyway since I have problems with high humidity and can't afford a dehumidifier right now.

Parts of an article stolen from a competing site. I paste it in here like this because it's against the rules to link to the competing sites of 420 mag. Credits goes to Keef Treez "The Defoliator" for writing this text:

"The topic of cannabis defoliation is one of the most controversial subjects in the marijuana growing field. People on both sides defend their position vehemently. I'm on the side that believe there is absolutely nothing stressful about defoliation or bending branches. Honestly, there is no way to achieve nearly a pound of buds from a 2-3 foot tall plant indoors, except using defoliation.(My plants are 5 feet now... -DeVille)

Opponents often have arguments like, "PLANTS NEED THOSE LEAVES! If they didn't, they wouldn't be there." (Yep - That totally sounds like me -DeVille) Or my all-time favorite, "I have a friend who used to grow, and he insists that will hurt the plant."
Yet the saddest part of all is how so few people are willing to look at the evidence.
(As I used to be a scientist before a work accident rendered me useless, I always follow the evidence and modify my beliefs accordingly to it. Show me proof I am wrong and I change my mind immediately -DeVille)

In some ways, I almost would prefer the rest of the growing world keep up their ill-advised lollipopping, removing growing tips, and other low-yield techniques. The defoliation technique has been loudly condemned by "experienced" growers for decades. Nevertheless, I am determined to educate other growers about defoliating and let them see the results for themselves. (Hope you're right about this as I don't want to lose yield for listening to you... -DeVille)

So let me start by giving you some picture proof that defoliation works (make sure you scroll down to see all of them!).
You see, I've been defoliating intensively for 30 years. I am now training plants to be 32" tall and 32" round and yielding 250-400 grams under 400 watt lamp.

How-To Tutorial: The Controversial Technique of Defoliation

Despite all the evidence (I've posted hundreds of pictures and shown dozens of growers in person), there is still somehow so much skepticism about defoliation techniques. Growers, especially new growers, often just say variations of, "It's common sense, how could removing any part of the plant cause you to get higher yields?"

I recently attended an advanced seminar with a prominent fellow grower and got roundly booed when attempting to describe the defoliation technique, even with pictures showing dramatic benefits.

Unlike many other growers, I believe what's most important is studying how the plant actually grows, instead of assuming she grows how we think she should grow. Real experimentation and unbiased observers are the only way growers are going to learn how to get the best yields for the amount of time, money, and effort. And it's true that some types of defoliation are brutal to the plants (such as when misguided growers removing all the leaves off extremely young marijuana plants), but other types of defoliation are actually hugely beneficial to increasing yields (I'll be showing you exactly what do do shortly).And defoliation is beneficial for more than just marijuana, it also has been proven to increase yields for certain other types of crops. For example, it's well-known that cowpeas experience significant increases in yields when up to 50% of their leaves are defoliated during their flowering stage.

But I will do my best to give you everything you need to start producing your own huge yields with marijuana defoliation.
But First, Let Me Show You About Increased Bud Production With Defoliation During the Flowering Stage

Before plucking

Immediately After Plucking

Just 4 days later, look at the incredible bud growth

Only 4 Days After That (after another defoliation session)

Are you beginning to see the power of defoliation?

So what do you folks think about this defoiling thing? Are you convinced?

DeVille
I was also one of those skeptics, but after reading a thread on 420 about it - which showed pictures like you have, it makes sense that the benefit of defol is greater than the benefit of the extra 'solar panels' if leaves are left on. Outdoor where the sun has amazing penetration it is often not required, but indoor where our lights are not the sun, it seems like defol really aids in bud growth (as I have seen in the before and after pics). Next grow I intend to do more defoliation than what I did in my current grow, I only plucked here and there to open the canopy up a bit though

First grow: Skoondawg's Soil - South African Bag Seed - HPS & CFL SCROG Cabinet 2016/17

I was also one of those skeptics, but after reading a thread on 420 about it - which showed pictures like you have, it makes sense that the benefit of defol is greater than the benefit of the extra 'solar panels' if leaves are left on. Outdoor where the sun has amazing penetration it is often not required, but indoor where our lights are not the sun, it seems like defol really aids in bud growth (as I have seen in the before and after pics). Next grow I intend to do more defoliation than what I did in my current grow, I only plucked here and there to open the canopy up a bit though

First grow: Skoondawg's Soil - South African Bag Seed - HPS & CFL SCROG Cabinet 2016/17
Definitely bru. I think it is a bit too late for me to take off alot of leaves though, must ask the opinions on that. Next grows we will be moering for Joost!

Pat's Mars Hydro II 700W Grow

Pat's Small CFL Grow

You do have several plants DeVille. Multiples of the same strain IIRC. You could try this for yourself in a side by side….

I know that I would be VERY interested to watch if you did. :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom