180W Super Lemon Haze Grow - Lots of Pics!

plant is looking great. i am very curios to see how this ends with all of ur fans leaves token off expect the top ones.

may i am tripping on this? but after i took the glass off my plants have exploded with bud growth, maybe its just a quenceadent? but i truly beleve its from taking the glass off, because this bud growth really picked up after i did this. i dont know but i will never have the glass of anymore of my leds from now on.
thanks for still honoring my warranty mike.

Great grow!

I'm lovin the willingness to experiment without the glass.

Was the glass UV shielded or anything that would prevent a spectrum of light coming through, or do you think its just increased brightness? Also, do the bulbs get hot enough that you need to keep the glass as a safety feature? Will the bulbs explode if they get a drop of water on them?

:nicethread:

wow thats one nice lookin plant nice job . im getting ready to start slh outdoors do have any tips about this strain.thanx a bunch

Well since your growing outdoors and im indoors I dont really know what to say, but one thing I know for sure this plant likes a lot of nuts. Here is the program I am following I can tell you at this point I am using 30% more than recommended:

Canna.jpg

Great grow!

I'm lovin the willingness to experiment without the glass.

Was the glass UV shielded or anything that would prevent a spectrum of light coming through, or do you think its just increased brightness? Also, do the bulbs get hot enough that you need to keep the glass as a safety feature? Will the bulbs explode if they get a drop of water on them?

:nicethread:

Hey there Papa Green,

Well I can tell you for sure that the glass was holding back light and by taking it off it was a very noticeable difference. I noticed that everything got brighter, penetration increased, footprint increased and most importantly the wavelengths blended in better and as irishboy stated to me the light looked more crisp and i definitely agree.

The bulbs are cool to the touch with the glass off, if anything they are even cooler now. No the LED's will not explode, but I would not recommend letting water get into the unit.

Your Super Lemon Haze is a Mutant

I couldn't help but notice - and be surprised that no one has mentioned the fact - that the plant you're using for this experiment is a triploid. I'm surprised you didn't replace it with a non-mutant when it sprouted. I've read about a few other triploids of the same strain - I wonder if the breeder uses colchicine (YUCK!) or another mutagen in his breeding. While I've read good things about triploids in other types of plants, I've read lots of reports that in cannabis a triploid is often (but not always) of lesser quality.

Yours seems to be quite healthy though and I'll be interested in the eventual harvest and smoke reports.

Aside from that, while I would have liked to have seen this grow done with more plants covering a larger area that were allowed to vegetate longer (and grow taller) in order to help gauge both maximum canopy size and maximum penetration (at the same time) of your light, I still feel that your grow is a worthwhile read and that it'll be educational.

+REPs for you, a site sponsor (double REPs if I could!), actively taking part in forum discussions. :bravo:

[

Your grow room looks like a kit. I like it. Is that a kit? And if so where did you get it or what brand? I'm just starting with a SLH setup like yours.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Your Super Lemon Haze is a Mutant

I couldn't help but notice - and be surprised that no one has mentioned the fact - that the plant you're using for this experiment is a triploid. I'm surprised you didn't replace it with a non-mutant when it sprouted. I've read about a few other triploids of the same strain - I wonder if the breeder uses colchicine (YUCK!) or another mutagen in his breeding. While I've read good things about triploids in other types of plants, I've read lots of reports that in cannabis a triploid is often (but not always) of lesser quality.

Yours seems to be quite healthy though and I'll be interested in the eventual harvest and smoke reports.

Aside from that, while I would have liked to have seen this grow done with more plants covering a larger area that were allowed to vegetate longer (and grow taller) in order to help gauge both maximum canopy size and maximum penetration (at the same time) of your light, I still feel that your grow is a worthwhile read and that it'll be educational.

+REPs for you, a site sponsor (double REPs if I could!), actively taking part in forum discussions. :bravo:

Thank you so much for writing.. I was wondering why their were so many different characteristics with this plant compared to all my pas grows. When it sprouted I thought, hey cool 3 leaves I must have a special plat here.. lol
Yeah special alright, after reading up on triploid im not to excited and a little disappointed, but the grow will still go on and I will do my best to get the maximum yield of this mutant plant.

There are some key points I would like to make while observing this grow:

1. The plant likes more frequent watering.

2. It likes high nutrient levels.

3. I have seen leaves with two tips

4. It is very sensitive to the intensity/distance of the light source, meaning that the closer I had the light the shorter more bushy it grew and the further away i had the light the more it grow vertically.

5. It has a strong skunky smell from the start.

The most crazy and weird thing I have noticed is the top of the plant, the very top where the main cola should be forming the plant is like growing from the inside out. If any one knows what the hell is up wth that please let me know, im posting the pics up in a few min.

Thanks for writing and tagging along torturedsoul.

Week 3 flower update.. Pictures where taken yesterday and finally seeing some frost develop.

If any one knows whats going on with the top of my plant please let me know.

BTW.. The stem is also trippin me out. its starts off round at the bottom till about 12 inches up and then turns flat on both sides kinda like someone ran it over with a steam roller, wtf? haha

DSC01667.JPG

DSC01670.JPG

DSC016952.JPG

DSC01676.JPG

DSC01681.JPG

DSC01678.JPG

DSC016841.JPG

To me it looks like a bud that is growing flat and fattening. I would like to see a few other angles if you can Mike.

Here are five pictures showing whats going on with the top of my plant. The best way I could describe it is that its cauliflowering..

If you guys want a certain angle let me know and I ill do it.. I really want to know whats up with this, even though Im certain there is nothing i can do about it but just let it grow.. thanks everyone..

DSC017101.JPG

DSC017171.JPG

DSC017131.JPG

DSC017162.JPG

DSC017182.JPG

Back
Top Bottom