1st Ever Grow, 8 Ball Kush

It's pretty tough, the last ounce I bought was almost unsmokable and wasn't worth half of what I paid for it so it was decided to grow my own, turns out I thoroughly enjoy it too.
I can wait, it will be all the sweeter when I do get to try some.

Great to hear the spots have stopped.
I like your thinking with the tip burn, as long as you increase. It gradually and keep an eye on things you will find out how hard you can push them.
It's great when you are greeted with the scent from heaven upon opening the tent :yummy:

It's pretty tough, the last ounce I bought was almost unsmokable and wasn't worth half of what I paid for it so it was decided to grow my own, turns out I thoroughly enjoy it too.
I can wait, it will be all the sweeter when I do get to try some.

Great to hear the spots have stopped.
I like your thinking with the tip burn, as long as you increase. It gradually and keep an eye on things you will find out how hard you can push them.
It's great when you are greeted with the scent from heaven upon opening the tent :yummy:
Haha well said, heavenly indeed.

Looks great Bill! Those blues are really coming out now :thumb:

As of now I water, water, feed and that usually takes a week, so once a week feed schedule.
Hiya Havoc,
just noticed this so I thought I would give some advice if you wanted it. Really should feed MC every watering. The only time you should water only is if you are doing a reset on the soil or you start to see defs. This applies moreso when flipping to flower. Something to keep in mind. The plants will handle it just fine.

Looks great Bill! Those blues are really coming out now :thumb:

Hiya Havoc,
just noticed this so I thought I would give some advice if you wanted it. Really should feed MC every watering. The only time you should wtaer only is if you are doing a reset on the soil or you start to see defs. This applies moreso when flipping to flower. Something to keep in mind. The plants will handle it just fine.
Thanks MrS.
Feel like they are on cruise control now.
Most of the damaged leaves have gone so they are also starting to look pretty.
Man why did I wait 40 years to start growing :oops:

@Havocsm1
As MrS says :morenutes:
You won't go far wrong with his advice :adore:

Thanks Bill... that's the great thing about MC. It can be used every feeding. About two weeks before harvest I give a good soil reset, getting rid of any unused salts. The last rinse water of the reset is nuted again. Then it's feed right up until harvest.

Thanks Bill... that's the great thing about MC. It can be used every feeding. About two weeks before harvest I give a good soil reset, getting rid of any unused salts. The last rinse water of the reset is nuted again. Then it's feed right up until harvest.
I like this idea. Will definitely feed next watering.

Bloom day 49.

I watered just after lights on and they still took 13 litres between them.
I have a few amber trics maybe 2-3% on my plant that really suffered previously. Most of the pistles are still white and it's still shooting more so I'm hoping it will go longer and bulk out some more.
I'm not sure how quickly the trics change once they start.
The other 2 plants are mostly milky but I'm seeing no amber yet.

Feed today was
1.5ml bio grow
4ml bio bloom
4ml topmax
1ml bio heaven
1.5ml Cal mag
pH 6.1

I think I'm going to get a lot of popcorn lower down, looking back I should have been a bit more ruthless and chopped a little more before flipping to bloom.
I'm sure the plant has wasted a lot of energy on them.
Hopefully the top colas will still produce well.

My wife bought me some jars for curing today. Hopefully they will be full soon.
IMG_20200117_210123.jpg
IMG_20200117_205916.jpg
IMG_20200117_205838.jpg
IMG_20200117_205805.jpg
IMG_20200117_205741.jpg
IMG_20200117_205720.jpg
IMG_20200117_205424.jpg
IMG_20200117_205323.jpg
IMG_20200117_201751.jpg

Fairly quickly. You should be checking daily at this point.

Oh they will!! Probably make them burst :)
Oh yes I will be checking them everyday now.
I was expecting more brown pistles before amber trics.
The flowering time stated by Barney's Farm is 50-55 days so I suppose they are not far off now.

Might have to take a little tester bud tomorrow.

:high-five:
Heading for a hella heady haul, homes :love:
Beautiful.
Thanks DD, I'm really quite pleased with them, had it's ups and downs but I've loved growing and can't wait to smoke some home grown.:blunt:
Been having a read through your journal, you got some awesome looking ladies goin on, entertaining read too buddy.:high-five:

Keeping a watchful eye on the ladies.
Tric check and one plant has a few more amber but will still go some more. I might cut a test bud tomorrow after work.
The other 2 are mostly milky but with some still clear and the buds are still shooting pistles so I think they may even go another week.
Buds are looking and smelling soooo good.
I sat with them a while :kiss:

Attachments

• IMG_20200118_191807.jpg
    IMG_20200118_191807.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20200118_191612.jpg
    IMG_20200118_191612.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20200118_190515.jpg
    IMG_20200118_190515.jpg
    701.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20200118_190401.jpg
    IMG_20200118_190401.jpg
    965.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20200118_190339.jpg
    IMG_20200118_190339.jpg
    747.1 KB · Views: 43
Bloom day 52

So a trichrome check and we have one plant with maybe 3% amber, one plant at maybe 1% amber and I'm not seeing any amber on the 3rd yet although I have maybe 80% cloudy.

I'm wanting to harvest at 10-15% amber so on they go.
The buds are still filling out nicely so ideally they will go till the weekend to give them chance to bulk some more.

I was expecting to water today but the pots still have a good bit of weight to them and Ive noticed my Rh has been lower than usual at 35%
Do plants usually slow their water consumption in late bloom?

Anyway, here's a couple of bud shots to show the stunning colours off.

IMG_20200120_175446.jpg
IMG_20200120_175240.jpg

They most certainly do. Closer to the end the watering tapers right off as they start drawing from the leaves.
Awesome, I was worried a little, I just posted the question, I should have know you would be along with the answer :thanks:

@MrSauga hey bro. When do you stop feeding and do a final flush? I have a flushing agent on the way.
Pretty sure you want to be feeding all the way, seems most of the guru's do as there doesn't seem to be any proof it actually has any benefit to flush.
I think the quality of the smoke mostly comes from a proper cure.
Again probably personal preference but I know I'm going to feed till the end.

@MrSauga hey bro. When do you stop feeding and do a final flush? I have a flushing agent on the way.
Hi Havoc,
typically two weeks before I think I'm about to harvest I give my plants a good reset of the medium. This means I push plain pH'd water until I get about 75% runoff, or roughly 3 gallons of runoff in a 5 gal pot. The last gallon of runoff has nutes in it again. I'm trying to push out any leftover salts that the plant couldn't use. It's not a flush. A flush is running a lot more water, usually 2-3 times the pot size.
Then I feed right up until harvest after the reset.

Here's a link to check out:

Back
Top Bottom