1st Hydro Grow

Quick update for you L8...there is noticable improvement in the lower budsites this am...they've only got 8 hours or so of the light hitting them but it is making a difference. I think, however, I'm going to get a couple larger domes to spread the light around a little better...got 6 inch domes...gonna get 8 inchers...back later today...off to Dad's house to cut grass and a few other odds and ends.

Well guys and gals, I was going to post a couple of pics to show y'all the way the budsites are swelling up and growing together but my damn battery pack is dead. Serves me right for forgetting to recharge it yesterday. Anyhow, these things are lookin so tasty, and the smell is out of this world. Keep getting this line from a Tom Petty song in my head...waiting is the hardest part. Anyhow, I got my battery pack charging and I'll post some pics tomorrow morning sometime.

Don't forget to call your Mamas if you can...

Green days and fat buds to all...

Very nice! Looking forward to the new pics! Great job adding some more light. I bet the love it!

Hey Ms. Fox...yes they are. I was quite suprised this morning to be able to already tell a visable difference. There were new white hairs all over! I'll get some pics up for all to see tomorrow morning...hell, I can't wait to show 'em off...lol!

SouthernWeed thanks for the update! good to hear that it worked out pretty good! i cant wait to see the pics to get an idea of how i can do it on my own grow! thanks again for the good info! keep up the good work

Good morning and Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!

Went to change the res this am and figured it would be a good pime for pics. I am having a bit of trouble getting good pics now because the plants have grown into somthing of a jungle and removing them for pics has become a dicey proposition. Anyhow, did the best I could to get some good pics so y'all can see as well.

L8...I cant really get you a good pic of my flouro setup but here's what I've done. Went back to Lowes and got 2-8" domes...the 6's were just to tight. I position them at the end of my res for 10 hours a day, then move them to the middle of the sides for another 10. The 8" give outstanding coverage of the lower budsites, but be careful...two leaves grew right into the light overnight (I didn't anticipate that much leaf growth overnight) and I crisped the hell out of them. Lesson learned!

Anyhow, picture time...

rsz_100_0439.jpg

rsz_100_0440.jpg

rsz_100_0441.jpg

rsz_100_0442.jpg

rsz_100_0443.jpg

rsz_100_04441.jpg

rsz_100_04451.jpg

rsz_100_04461.jpg

rsz_100_0447.jpg

As always any advice is very welcome...Oh, BTW, you may notice in the root pic that there are 5 root balls, my homemade dwc bucket wasn't getting the job done with Gigabud, so I moved her back in with the WD...thats part of the space issue I'm having.

Thanks for the attempted rep brother. I'm pesonally following about 30-35 threads, and still have to go through other threads, looking for people to hand out rep to so I can go back and give rep to the person I wanted to rep in the first place. I know that the rep system is set up to try and minmize rep abuse, but I'm starting to think the whole thing needs to be overhauled. I know you are following a hell of alot more threads than I am, so I reckon it's frustrating for you as well.

That is one hell of a nice root system you got there, Man. That one pic almost looks like nute burn though. Was that the one too close to the light?

Yes and no...That plant came loose from the tie off last night and got to within 7 inches of my main light and it burnt them a bit. I dont think any serious damage was done, the bud is still sticky and shows no evidence of heat damage. I did have a bit of a ppm spike overnight, today was two weeks to the day from my last res change, so there may be a bit of nute burn as well, but I changed the res out first thing this am, and backed off the nutes just a small amount to make sure there were no nute issues. I'll give them a few days and then ramp the nute ppm back to full strength.

Good eye Janx...had to go back and check my own plants there...the lower leaf you see burnt was not burnt by light...it is slight nute burn, I completely missed that. That set off a bit of fatherly panic...lol. The lesson here is to pay closer attention. I diluted my ppm level down to just over 1000ppm and I'll leave it that way for a couple of days. + Rep for good eyes!

Ain't that why we're here.....helping each other keep from f-ing everything up? lmao. Hey didn't you say once that you had some Super Skunks?

Yep...got 5 of em going in soil in my building...may have to post some pics of them one day...just trying no to confuse myself...lol.

Back
Top Bottom