1st Tent For A BAG

You're lucky you get to ignore it without negative results. I did that, and put the hurt to my grow. Makes me a saaaad monkey.

Watch your plants, Bro. If they show any signs of nutrient lock-out, RUN, do not walk, to your nearest hydro supply, and get one of these electronic pH test pens. $32 out the door, and no more guessing at the color match. The three clones I lost cost more than that pen.

Don't repeat my mistakes, folks. I really screwed the pooch on that one. Disrespected The Herb. For that, I whole-heartedly apologize.

Those pretty tent dwellers are just that. Pretty. Looking good this morning. Plenty damp. Gonna let 'em dry up a touch before I feed again. Not enough to stress 'em, they've had enough of that.

Don't know. The three I had to take out yesterday morning... Absolutely positive the DQ is dead. The two IE plants tho... Severely hurt, but not dead yet.

Yet.

In the last 2 days, they've been heavily over-watered on purpose. I rinsed 'em again this morning with 6.8 pH water. Then I gave 'em a little squeeze and a tip. Drain what excess I could. Cross your fingers. Ya never know. I thought the GR was gone, but it's coming back.

So much for soilless mediums. I'm tired of fighting the tide.

Everybody is in Supersoil as of this morning. It worked back in the day, it'll work now.

Gonna leave 'em out on the patio for a few days. Then I'll put 'em back inside.

Status of the grow... Everything is currently on the back patio, tent is currently unoccupied. Need to install a duct to exhaust it to the attic.

Two Green Ribbons, one Dream Queen, and one Infinite Euphoria have been put in 3 gal pots of Supersoil. Had the beginning stages of nute lockout, but are more in shock from the transplant now. On the mend.

Two Infinite Euphoria plants are still in a major world of hurt, but may make it back. Not going to expect much in the way of yield from them, but would like to see them survive. Might eventually be good for taking some cuttings to bring back inside.

The first two plants to get really sick, 1 GR and 1 DQ, are still soilless in 3 gal pots of RW croutons. They are the healthiest plants in the grow, and are looking quite good. I removed the damaged foliage, rinsed 'em well with 6.8 pH water a time or three, and let 'em live on that for several days. Just gave 'em some FFGB @ 2.5 tsp/gal, plus 1/4 tsp pH Down for a tested pH of 6.8. If they get large, I'll put 'em in some 10 gal pots with the Supersoil. The DQ is bushing up nice. The GR is a bit leggier, but looking quite healthy.

They all get water from the same jug, with a tested 6.8 pH.

I could chew nails.

High there CherokeeJ !

:welcome:

I wish you good health and stacks of great green medicine to keep you feeling well.

Subscribed and also reps, wish you will upload pictures more often and get over those technical problems.

Believe me it really helps when you get back to what happened last week or last month to a plant and see it progress, makes the process kind of fun and I guess also therapeutic value.

All the best, 84 !

:thumb:

Thank you, 84.

Truth be told, I don't know if I'm surprised or shocked that the first two plants to get sick are looking so good now. They were looking pretty darn pitiful not too long ago.

Murphy loves me. I provide him with a lot of entertainment. Any time he's looking for something to make go wrong, he just pays me a visit. But I'm a glutton for punishment, so I just keep plugging away. I figure with the price of medicine today, if I get two oscars out of what I've invested, I'm a tiny touch ahead. More will be gravy.

Thing is... I like gravy. I like a lot of gravy.

I do need a new camera. This old pen-cam takes lousy pictures at best, when it works. But it doesn't want to work with this computer. I'll see what I can find, but I can't make any promises.

Garden is on the mend. Things are looking better every day. Amazing what getting the pH right can do. One might think a "rocket scientist" could do better. Talk about brain fade. Is there an "embarrassed" emoticon?

Slight yellowing of lower leaves on one of the DQ's is showing a little need for some N. Gave all plants 2 tsp/G @ 6.7 pH this AM. Getting a little breezy, put in some stakes and ties. Temps in the 80's this week, heating up this weekend. Plants looking much better than they were.

The Infinite Euphoria is a very pretty plant. Wider, shorter leaflets. Not excessively leggy, but not as bushy as the DQ. (Provider said it is a pure indica. Don't know for sure about that, but looking forward to tasting it.) Not holding out a lot of hope for the severely damaged IE's. They will probably be in the dumpster next week. Tears.

Working on the camera thing. They sure want a lot of $$ for something that takes still pictures. Lot like AR. Tough to do without a real paycheck...

Hardware store today. Duct the tent exhaust to the attic, so the a/c will quit running 18 hrs a day. Heating up the bedroom isn't good for the power bill, and that tent is coming back on line very soon. Going to go get some more "teen" clones from the provider, and bud 'em out in the tent. Get a jump on Autumn. $12 clone in the tent, and 8 weeks later, I'll have an oscar of herbs to cure. :thumb:

Been thinking again. If you're smart, you'll run for cover.

Need to do some calendar calcs. Will want a winter crop in the tent, but need to mature that crop in time to bring in a new set of clones in Feb. Veg those in the tent, then mature 'em on the patio in April for a June harvest, while the summer crop veges in the tent. Ah, the best laid plans of mice and men...

:Namaste: Hello Kitty sends her regards to her good friends, the members here at :420:

Peace and good buds to all.

Pictures. Pretty pictures of some pretty girls.

Borrowed a camera.

All hail Her High-ness, The Dream Queen.

P6230001.JPG

And something we all seek... Infinite Euphoria.

P6230002.JPG

Group photo... Smile!

P6230003.JPG

Decision time.

The garden is healthy, and starting to take off. I need to decide if I'm going to leave them outside, or bring them in.

If I want to bring them in and mature them in the tent for an earlier harvest, now is the time. If I wait another week, they'll be too big. If they get too big for the tent, they live outside until harvest time. At which time they will be huge, and stink up the entire neighborhood. Not cool. Better to take some cuttings, and bring the current grow inside.

Going to the hydro store today and pick up some RW cubes and ask about vent hose and a flange. Surprisingly enough, my local big-box home improvement store has little in the way of venting materials. What they do have doesn't work for me. Need a 6" flange, a length of flex hose, and two clamps. If the hydro store doesn't have it, ups gets another package to deliver.

All 6 are coming inside. But first, cuttings. Clone these babies. Plenty of lower branches with a lot of nodes. Done it before, and I've been reading heavily on this site. Hell, I'll bet they've got a small kit at the hydro supply. If it's reasonable, I'll pick one up. If it's expensive, I can make a small domed enclosure for a few bux. Put it under some cool-white fluorescents for a fortnight. Once they're rooted, out to the patio. By harvest, they'll still be small enough to not be a problem with the neighbors. Like I said before, the city council doesn't want it outside. Like I give a happy crappy about what they do and do not like. But I don't need the headache, I need meds.

The hurt IE will remain outside. It has new growth, and is definitely alive. It will remain until such time as clones can be taken. Hopefully before any hormone changes begin. We're past the solstice, and it's going to be a bit before this poor thing can be cut.

More pix to follow, next week. Wasn't my camera.

:peace: folks.

The guy at the hydro store dialed me in. Really great folks over there. :thanks:

Lot of work to do today. Taking cuttings this morning, and then installing the exhaust to the attic.

The current grow will end today in the tent. This was supposed to be an indoor grow anyway. :oops:

Looking forward to seeing the changes a shorter photo-period will bring. :green_heart:

The sky is beginning to glow. Time to go water my garden...

Plants were watered heavily, and 30 minutes later, 3 cuttings from each strain were taken. Rooting hormone, RW cubes soaked in FFGB @ 1 tsp/G, 6.5 pH. Good spray of same solution, in a dome, under a 6400K lamp, set for 18/6. We'll see.

The severely injured IE is resurrected from the dead. I thought it was dead, just like the other one. But danged if that sweetie pie isn't growing. Life finds a way. Go life!

Time to go saw a hole in the bedroom ceiling. The wife's gonna love that. D'oh!

Pics when I can borrow the camera again.

Coughing my head off. :cough: Gifted a small taste of the efforts of another horticulturalist. My compliments to the chef. :bravo:

And a big :thanks: to the sweet someone that loves me so much. I love you too, Honey. :circle-of-love: Very, very much.

A big :thanks: to ALL here at :420:. I find this opportunity to keep an online journal to be very therapeutic. Not to mention the wealth of information, knowledge, and wisdom found here.

Thank you to the readers. Nice to get a like on a post now and then. I'm working on getting the pic thing going on a regular basis.

I'll hush up now. :peace: to all.

OK, I'm back. The calendar is marked.

The grow, most of it, is inside, on 12/12. Only 5 of the plants fit inside the tent. I could probably wedge the 6th one in there, but that's not necessary.

I left the smallest Dream Queen outside on the patio, along with the recovering Infinite Euphoria. I think I can get away with one outside.Think I'll transplant it to a ten gallon pot tomorrow. The injured IE isn't going to do much as far as yield, but I can get some clones from it in a week or two.

The cuttings I took look like they're doing OK. Keeping the humidity up and the temp down in the dome. Waiting for them to grow their beards.

Speaking of temp... The tent is now vented to the attic. The A/C can rest. Turns out I was wrong. The wife didn't love the hole in the bedroom ceiling.

But she'll get over it. :rofl:

Got a deal in the works for a nice camera. Give me a week, and I think picture posting in this thread will take off.

Peace and good buds to all.

Back
Top Bottom