1st Tent For A BAG

And I'm looking forward to posting them. Lined up a nice little used Nikon. Fancy little dewd. I'll never use 90% of its capabilities. Needs a battery, so I ordered one. Pick it up next week. The price was right... <$10 for a battery. Or I could have spent $300 on a new one.

Been spraying the cuttings with the weak nute solution about twice a day. Inside the humidity dome, it's been hanging at 82°F and 79% RH. Some leaves are beginning to yellow, showing their lack of N. I might increase the strength of the spray solution. Right now, it's 1/2 tsp/G. Up it to 1 tsp/G?

Hurry up and wait.

Enjoy the holiday, folks. Be safe, be wise. May your harvest be bountiful, and your buds be tasty!

Yesterday evening I changed out the tubes in the tent to 3000K "bloom" tubes. Running 82°F 52%RH on 12/12. Day 6.

Tent dwellers consist of one Infinite Euphoria, one Dream Queen, and three Green Ribbons. Sweet, green, and healthy.

Feeding from this point will be with Fox Farm Big Bloom. Two plants in RW will receive alternate feeding/watering cycles, tracked on a calendar. Other 3 are in Supersoil, and will be fed only once or twice thru harvest, plus occasional foliar feeding.

Cuttings in dome looking OK @ 82°F, 85%RH. Spritz once a day w/ FFGB @ 1 tsp/G. Some leaf yellowing, but all still standing and facing the light. Might be wishful thinking, but a couple of them seem to be looking rather perky. :thumb:

Patio Dream Queen transplanted to a 10 gallon pot of Supersoil. Cute little thing. I'm guessing she's got another few weeks of veg before the hormone changes start.

Waiting game. Waiting for a camera battery, and the first week of September. :lot-o-toke:

Quick edit... Just for something to do, I transplanted the recovering IE to a 3 gallon pot of Supersoil. Can't hurt.

:cheer: Day 10 of 12/12 in the tent. We have hair. :cheer:

The Dream Queen is well ahead of the others, but all looking good and going into bud. The GR is elongating well. May have to re-tie the light hangers to raise it another two inches. Cuz those GR's are really reaching for the light.

James is becoming a happy camper. :smokin:

Just checked, and the battery for the camera is ready for pick up. It will need to be charged, but will try for pictures later today.

The recovering IE is still growing. It's severely stunted, but it is growing. The DQ on the patio doesn't seem to be doing much. She's a bushy little sweetheart, and looks healthy and happy, but I can't see any change. Was hoping she would grow larger. Much larger.

Gave the outside plants a good foliar feed of Grow Big. Inside, water for the soil dwellers, Big Bloom @ 2Tbl/G for the 2 in RW.

Still holding out some hope for the cuttings. 82°F, 85% in the dome, once a day spritz w/ weak FFGB solution, still on 18/6. Waiting for the beards.

If all goes well for the next 7 weeks, I just might see a good return on my investment. Everything after that is gravy.

And I love gravy.

Click. Lights just came on. Time to go visit my girls.

:peace:

I said there would be pix.

Let there be pix.

The tent...

DSCN0063_1_.JPG

The Green Ribbons are elongating.

DSCN0062_1_.JPG

DSCN0061_1_.JPG

The Green Ribbons are on the right, then Dream Queen, and Infinite Euphoria on the left. Day 10 of 12/12.

Coming along.

The patio...

This poor thing should have died. Might get a clone or two later.

DSCN0064_1_.JPG

And the smaller Dream Queen. The entire grow got hurt by the great pH wars of 2014. Took some casualties. Learned some hard lessons.

DSCN0065_1_.JPG

May your harvest be bountiful, and your herbs be tasty.

I don't know why I'm putting these up. It's not like you folks have never seen a tent before. But here they are.

Still more crap to be moved out of the spare bedroom.

DSCN0058_1_.JPG

The wife didn't fall in love with the hole in the ceiling. I told her she can complain about it in September, while she's rolling a fat one... I think she got over it.

DSCN0057_1_.JPG

DSCN0060_1_.JPG

Dream Queen on day 11 of flowering. Cute little buds that get bigger every day. Gotta love it when it works.

DSCN0071_1_.JPG

Like I said, CJ is becoming a happy camper. If this keeps up, he will be even happier in September.

Everyone have a wonderful week, and don't take life too seriously. It's only temporary.

I've been reading on here again. I'm going for the defoliation today. Strip off a lot of the fan leaves, let some light in down lower on the plants. Nothing too radical, just a few of the larger leaves.

So far, at least 2 of the DQ cuttings didn't take. But I do have 1 GR and 2 IE's that have rooted. Hoping for the others. Some is better than none. I'll take a couple more small snips off the DQ that's out on the patio this morning.

Went in and did some defoliation. Not much, just a snip here and there. Let a bit of light thru.

Had to tie over one of the Green Ribbons. There's more than one way to keep the top out of the fluorescent tubes. Fixture is as high as it will go on the yo-yo hangers. After I harvest this grow, the way those are attached will change. I'll make some aluminum brackets for them. That'll give me a few more inches.

Day 12. Buds, buds, buds!

Time to go take a couple more cuttings off the DQ in the back yard.

Took three cuttings from the patio DQ yesterday morning. Two were sagging hard when I put them in the dome, but all 3 are holding their heads high and looking sweet this morning. Tried a tiny little variation in technique my buddy recommended. I'll know in 10 days.

Tent is looking happy and healthy this morning. The GR I had to pull down has turned back toward the light. That sweetheart is really stretching. And there are little tiny buds all over every plant in that tent.

And the smell has begun. I love that smell. Sweet, sticky, and stinky all at the same time, but not overwhelming. Shame I have to exhaust it into the attic. I'd go enjoy it, but it's too damn hot up there.

Time passes, and I wait for opening week of NFL regular season. :cheer:

Cuz that means tasting my results. :lot-o-toke:

:peace: and good buds to all.

Well, well... It seems there's a certain individual that has some work to do. Went in and tended the tent this morning, and all the girls are in there having a party. I think they're celebrating growing all their pretty, pretty buds. They're so happy and healthy, I couldn't ask for anything more. :blushsmile:

Then I checked the clone dome. I have no idea what happened with the other two DQ cuttings, but everything else that's been in there longer than 2 days has a beard. Couple of 'em have really nice beards. Some may look a bit scraggly, but these puppies are rooted.

DSCN0074_1_.JPG

Three successfully rooted Infinite Euphoria clones.

DSCN0076_1_.JPG

The lone Dream Queen that successfully rooted. Looks like hell, but this sweetie pie is getting transplanted this morning. (The 3 in back were cut 2 days ago. Dollars to donuts they have beards in 2 weeks.)

DSCN0075_1_.JPG

Beards!!

DSCN0078_1_.JPG

DSCN0077_1_.JPG

Put 'em in some Supersoil this morning, and set 'em out on the patio.

Batting 777. See if I can improve that to 833 in a few days. Yay team! :cheer:

Everyone have a great week. :peace:

The dome. Bought a Jump Start light kit. Came with the single-tube fixture, one 24" T5 grow tube, and a stand. Little on the expensive side, cuz I bought it off the shelf at the hydro supply, but I don't mind supporting that business to some degree, and with this first batch of clones rooted, it's paid for!

DSCN0073_1_.JPG

Three more Dream Queen cuttings still in there this morning, on day two. Just a little splash of gravy. More gravy later.

Gotta love it when it works! :thumb:

Did a little work in the tent this morning. Had to rehang the light fixture using some chain. It's now some 3" higher than the yo-yo's would take it. Despite that, I had to pull down again on the Green Ribbon that I tied over last week, and I had to tie over a second Green Ribbon. Those girls started out leggy, and are getting leggier. Had to rearrange the seating a little, too. Did a touch more defoliation.

Sure smells good in there. I'll take and post some more pix of the tent next weekend. I figure once a week will document the grow well, and show more progress.

Here's a look at the IE that was so seriously sick. She almost landed in the dumpster.

DSCN009010.JPG

Here are some of the clones. Going to take some more cuttings off that small IE. I think I can get them to root, and leave 'em in the dome an extra week or two while the tent finishes maturing, then the second crop can go in.

DSCN00959.JPG

DSCN009411.JPG

DSCN00928.JPG

There is fresh new growth on all the clones. Need to figure out what I'm going to do. Would like to see these clones get at least some veg time in, but the patio Dream Queen...

DSCN00917.JPG

...is showing her pre-flowers. Putting them on all over. Does that mean I'm out of time outside? Wish I had more room. Hell, I'd buy another one of those tents.

She's not big, but she sure is pretty. And in a couple of months, she's gonna be tasty, too. :blushsmile:

"Hey Hun... I think them Hippy types living next door must've got them a pet skunk. Sure smells like it!"

Yeah, looks like the DQ got a little too much Big Bloom. She's in Rockwool, as is one of the GR's. DQ has nute burn, and the GR is starting to look like she's over-watered. Considering giving the DQ a good rinse, and putting her and the GR outside for a day or two. Let 'em dry out some. Been hot and breezy lately.

The IE in the tent sure is pretty, tho.

Going to take some cuttings from both patio plants this morning. Get some more clones going, and maybe trade some with my buddy. With the current crop maturing, I can get a jump on the next cycle. Spent a lot of $ on this tent, and it seems to work. No reason to let it sit idle.

Okily-dokily, neighborino. Took a dozen more cuttings. Six of the IE's, and 6 more DQ's. That's a total of 9 DQ's and 6 IE's in the dome. Several weeks in the dome, then a couple of weeks veg and 8 weeks of 12/12 in the tent. Ahhh, the best laid plans...

Plus the other 7 clones already potted.

That's enough cuttings. Now I'm going to let the small IE and the small DQ do their thing on the patio til October. See how bad I can stink up the back yard.

Rinsed the indoor DQ with copious amounts of 6.5 pH water, and moved her and her cousin the GR outside to the patio for a day or two. Let 'em dry out a taste, then I'll bring 'em back in.

(Hi! I know you're reading this. Luv U bunches! :love: )

The person that is directed to knows who she is. And we gonna :party: together!!! Looking forward to it.

Day 21 of 12/12.

Infinite Euphoria.

DSCN010215.JPG

Dream Queen. (Old nute burn.)

DSCN010111.JPG

Green Ribbon. (Still stretching.)

DSCN01008.JPG

This picture upload thing is getting to be a pain. The image is right side up in my folder, and on my screen. But I upload here, and it comes out horizontal. Delete, edit, re-upload. PITA.

:peace:

What is the PH level of the feed being used on the plants in the Rockwool croutons? For hydroponics applications you want a PH range from 5.5-6.5 with the optimal level being 5.8. With soil, you want a PH between 6.0 and 7.0 with your optimal range being around 6.5

here is a nutrient availabilty chart:

pH-Nutrient-Availability.gif

happy growing and hope this helps!

I've been keeping the pH range at 6.7 -6.8. They are coming due for a feed, I'll try dropping the pH for the RW plants. Drop it a touch for the soil plants, too. Thanks for the chart, GreenthumbJ.

Had to shorten the chains to raise the light again. Those GR's are still stretching. In full bud, and getting taller. OK. I'll work with it.

My daughter straightened me out on the picture rotation thing. The problem was the computer being a computer. It would seem that rotating the image doesn't rotate the image unless you rotate the image first...

Yeah. Me too.

I admit I'm a Luddite, but gimme a break.

Had to shorten the chains to raise the light again. Those GR's are still stretching. In full bud, and getting taller. OK. I'll work with it.

Some plants like to stretch longer than others. Usually there is some dominant sativa genes in the genetic make up of the strain. For me i had some 100% sativas that stretched damn near 50 days into bloom, and some White widows that hardly stretched at all basically in 8 weeks, so its really dependent on the strain/phenotype you have

Those buds will be stacking up in no time!

Back
Top Bottom