1st Time Grower - Blue Mystic Indoor June 2012

Hey all, so first I just wanted to say I'm definitely interested in the water cure since reading up on it. I am growing for personal use only so I could care less about "bag appeal". If it will help make edibles taste better then it is worth a shot. I will try this method on about 1/4 of my next harvest, so thanks for the ideas.

I wanted to post some final pics from my grow to kind of close the loop as I am already well under way on my 2nd grow and want to document that one separately. I also decided to buy a PAX vaporizer and CAN'T wait to try it (just thought I'd share)

The harvest is still curing, and I bought a relatively cheap hydrometer to monitor the RH in the jar. I might have dried the buds a bit much or not nearly enough depending on the source, but at least having an idea of the humidity will let me learn on my own what is best.

DSC_008118.jpg
DSC_00899.jpg
DSC_00888.jpg

Thanks guys, I hope you check out my next grow once it is started. :Namaste:

I had to come back and report on my first vap'ing experience. Last night I got so completely blazed out of my mind, lol. I think it was because with the vapor I wasn't sure I was doing it right or really getting anything (as opposed to when smoking) so I just kept trying and taking draws. Next thing I know I'm sitting on the couch giggling and unable to hold a thought long enough to complete a sentence. My wife thought I had vaped myself retarded, haha. So to recap...high as a kite, no coughing, no bad smell...hot damn I have finally found what I was looking for!!

Jenjen, haha, definitely! In fact, I did some follow up research the rest of this weekend. :tokin:

WizHigh, thanks...I'm glad you are able to get something from my journal updates. Something you mentioned though had me kind of curious. What did you mean by "I think I missed the LST mark again"?

I don't think there is too late of a time to LST, only too early. If you do it before the roots are really established (especially after a transplant) then you run the risk of pulling the plant out of the ground. Otherwise, you can keep tying the girl down all the way up until harvest. Granted, it gets more difficult because the branches are getting thicker and you run the risk of damaging buds by messing with them, but I am constantly putting more and more string on the branches to get just the shape I want. I just looked at your journal and I think you are still at a good time to start training them if that is something you want to do.

Nice grow. Ever thought bout flowering with hps? A 400 watt maybe? Or maybe a scrog? Using a small screen or net to get an even canopy with two plants sog you get more even buds? Or use clones to do a sea of green and flower from seedling? Prune it to single cola style?

Smoothness, thanks for stopping by. To answer your questions...

I did think about a HPS for flowering, but the heat would have been too much. I am already battling temp issues with just my 200w CFL.
I haven't really considered doing a SCROG, but my current setup is moving towards more of a SOG approach. It's kinda hard to explain typing on my phone but the main idea is that I will be harvesting 4 small plants every month. I will put pictures up of that one later in the week. It is based off of clones taken from 1 mother plant which means I will need 4 clippings a month from her (assuming I'm cloning at 100% success rate which I have been lately.) Finally, I don't really do much pruning other than removing leaves that are already yellowing. I definitely don't want to prune it to a single cola though. My whole setup is based on limited space so I want to keep squat, bushy plants with a few tops.

Thanks for the questions. You just gave me a reason to snap some pics this weekend. ;-)

I managed to get the LST going on one of my plants, I havent been keeping up with my journal because its not something that everyone had already seen. I just took a few pics and posted them. Heres my LST, and ill be doing the X thing that you did, I think its cool
IMG_0144_2_.JPG
IMG_0139_1_.JPG

I dont know if I want to LST the one on the right. But there both at DAY 16...
IMG_0138_1_1.JPG

I cant wait till I start taking clones and also im ordering sour and OG13 and some other seeds this weekend so Ill have some better strains to journalize. Im just taking step by step from your journal which is well put together :goodjob: Do you have a journal for your new grow? How long did you let yours veg for?

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom