420 Magazine Social Networking Contest: September 2016

little confused as to why my photos can't work, lol. They're already cropped, they won't work? I use instagram and those pictures crop fine on there, at least for me. No big deal, just wondering!

We need to crop the nug into a square, as described in the animated sample image in the first post.

If we crop a square of your wide nug shots, all we'd see is the middle of the nug, instead of the whole thing, which would not look right.

Does that make sense?

Damn, this is going to take awhile going through my gallery...but I'm going to find some for sure.

Great stuff so far!!!

:circle-of-love:

Over the last 2 years, we've rotated 4 different people doing our Instagram and the biggest complaint thus far has been sifting through 2 million photos to find the diamonds in the rough. The reason we are testing this contest, is to see if we can find people to do the searching for us. So rest assured, you're not alone. :high-five:

It would be epic if more people taking amazing shots would enter our contests, however not everyone is interested in participating at that level. We are sure this will evolve into something great, in the weeks to come. :cheer:

You take some gorgeous pics of your Cola's, Cola Monster. :thumb:

Thank you much Cannafan, I appreciate the kind feedback!:thanks:

Up next for the galleries viewing pleasure, some organically grown Jade Dragon (Green Crack x Grand Daddy Purple) from my last indoor crop plus few more at the bottom of my Jilly Bean solo cup flowers. Enjoy!:blunt:

Organic Jade Dragon (Green Crack x Grand Daddy Purple):
DSC030565.JPG

DSC030025.JPG

Organic Jilly Bean (Space Queen x Orange Velvet):
DSC090173.JPG

DSC090065.JPG

DSC091623.JPG

:circle-of-love::Namaste:

We need to crop the nug into a square, as described in the animated sample image in the first post.

If we crop a square of your wide nug shots, all we'd see is the middle of the nug, instead of the whole thing, which would not look right.

Does that make sense?
It does, so you need more backround space basically? I'm sure I can find some.. :) sorry, wasn't trying to be smart or anything, figured the photos were close to small enough to not have to be drastically cropped for instagram.

Over the last 2 years, we've rotated 4 different people doing our Instagram and the biggest complaint thus far has been sifting through 2 million photos to find the diamonds in the rough. The reason we are testing this contest, is to see if we can find people to do the searching for us. So rest assured, you're not alone. :high-five:

It would be epic if more people taking amazing shots would enter our contests, however not everyone is interested in participating at that level. We are sure this will evolve into something great, in the weeks to come. :cheer:

I'll see what I can do about helping spread the word too. :)

Is Cola Monster disqualified for submitting more than two posts already?

4. Maximum of 30 photos per entry, 10 plants, 10 colas (tops) & 10 nugs (buds). Please submit all of your entries into one post, updating or adding photos throughout the month is prohibited and will result in the submissions being disqualified.

Wow very cool. I think I wanna be a part of this.

Phrum the light room.

Is Cola Monster already disqualified for submitting two posts already?

I didn't catch that when skimming through the rules which is my bad so on principle alone I'll disqualify myself so as not to cause a ruckus. Rules are rules!;) Best of luck to all.:goodluck: ~Peace~:ganjamon:

Is Cola Monster disqualified for submitting more than two posts already?

Let's use Cola's oversight on this already confusing contest as a lesson to everyone moving forward and give him one more chance. Cola, please gather them all at once and make one post with them all, keeping in mind that we will only choose one shot of one cola, so there is no need to post duplicates of the same flower. :thanks:

just trying to understand better.
you want some room in the shot so you can crop it? And/or turn it into a square.
it is better if it is not already cropped.
I use a small point and shot. so i do not get the great big files. And I have it put a date stamp to help in my journal so the would make my shots not good.
I also have been using manual white balance setting on my camera under the LEDs.

Looking for Tips, I have been trying, on my home computer, when I want to find one of my pictures I go to my user gallery at the bottom of the page and use the option sort by posted date and 90 per page. trying to figure out if I can use slide show, hmmm. And I save to favorites to help sort the things I am looking for.

Just example I was thinking of with problems...Not what you are looking for.........
so the date makes this one a problem and is it to close in?
CIMG12224.jpg

and does orientation matter? As long as the square grab the goods?

CIMG0655.jpg

Eye of the beholder stuff
I think this is a cool shot but kind of plain.
CIMG08121.jpg

I will start looking through the files I have not uploaded and try to keep in mind what ya looking for.

All my shot have the stinking date on them.

Back
Top Bottom