420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: February 2024

420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: February 2024

• Tokin Roll - 420's Canuk Seeds Comparative: Tok Grows Gorilla Glue #4

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • 2Water - 420 Magazine's Canuk Seeds Comparative Indoor Grow - Trainwreck By 2Water

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Slapalottapuss - Grumpy Snowman Flowers Black Sugar, CapJunky, MobyDickXJupiterOg - PHH Still Ongoin

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Regrowth - A Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow Ft. GG#4, Cement Shoes, Blue Dream, Purple Punch

Votes: 15 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Renee Roberts

420 Support
420 Staff
Welcome to 420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month Contest!

This contest celebrates the very best grow journals on 420 Magazine.

Nominate your favorite grow journal, by telling us why and how it outshines the rest.

Consider the following factors when suggesting nominations and voting:
  • Frequent Activity & Updates - Journals should be regularly maintained and updated
  • Attention To Detail - Journals should discuss growing methods and techniques in detail
  • Quality Photography - Pictures should be clear and of good quality
  • Proper Grammar & Structure - Journals should be well-written and easy to understand
  • General Forum Conduct - Journal and author should adhere to forum guidelines
  • Stays On Topic - Journals should be focused on cannabis cultivation
  • Responds To Questions - Members posting questions receive clear and thoughtful responses
  • Explains Well & Offers Advice - Journal is a good environment for new growers to learn
  • Promotes our Sponsors - Journals should highlight/recommend products from our sponsors
Please send your nominations to @Renee Roberts via private message, including detailed reasoning for your nomination. 420 Staff will assess and approve the community nominations, then members determine the winner by poll.

Nominations are accepted from the 1st until the 14th at midnight PST every month. Approved nominations will be posted shortly after midnight PST. At that time, the polls will open through midnight PST on the last day of the month.

Please follow the above guidelines to propose a nomination and do not post or discuss nominations in the contest thread. Nominations and/or suggestions of nominations in the contest thread will be deleted without notice.

Prize Package:
Shipping fees may apply to some packages shipped outside of the U.S.
You are responsible for any additional fees applied by customs.
Additional Details On Prize Shipping & Customs Duties

Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Grow Journal of the Year" contest, held in January.

Contest Guidelines:

1. Members must have at least 50 posts to be eligible for nominations and/or voting.

2. Members cannot nominate themselves.

3. Members may only win this title once per calendar year.

4. Staff members from this or any other cannabis platform, cannot participate in our contests.

5. This contest is open to single grow Journals in Progress, that have been updated within the last 30 days.

6. Perpetual journals are not eligible to be nominated in this contest. We appreciate the teaching, content and comradeship that a perpetual journal provides, however most of them are rich in off-topic conversations with years of subscribed followers. So when a post is made announcing a contest, there could be years worth of subscribers who are called to action. This does not make for a fair comparison with single grow journals created to highlight methods, sponsors & genetics, with only a few months of subscribers.

7. Campaigning for yourself or a friend, is considered cheating and will result in the entry being removed from the contest.

Campaigning includes:
  • Voting more than one time per person from multiple accounts.
  • Signature linking to the specific entry.
  • Emailing members offsite asking for their vote.
  • Sending members private messages asking for their vote.
  • Family and friends registering new accounts for voting purposes.
  • Mentioning the specific entry in any thread outside of the contest.
Second offenses will result in a lifetime ban from all future contests. General encouragement to vote in all the contests is fine, as long as it's not excessive or crossing the line into campaigning.

Contests Are Legitimate: Voting may be anonymous, but we have endless ways of catching cheaters and are always successful. If you are caught cheating, your entry will be deleted and you'll be exposed in the public thread.

In the past, we removed offending entries without announcement, to minimize embarrassment for the member. The cheaters would then claim innocence, which turned everyone against us. This led to members questioning our motives and causing extra work for our team. To avoid confusion moving forward, we now alert the community of these things when they happen.

If anyone has any questions or problems with any of the entries in a contest, please speak up in the contest thread before the end of the contest, or forever hold your peace. Once a winner is announced, that will be the end of discussion. There will be no take backs, unless we made a clerical error.

Support the 420 Magazine community and your fellow members by getting involved with our contests and, if you don't already have a grow journal, please see How To Make A Grow Journal

This year's winners who are now ineligible for nomination:
January: @Absorber - 420's Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow By Absorber

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

February Grow Journal Nominees

@Tokin Roll - 420's Canuk Seeds Comparative: Tok Grows Gorilla Glue #4

I would like to nominate Tokin Roll for his 420's Canuk Seeds Comparative: Tok Grows Gorilla Glue #4

Tok went through some issues with this grow and pivoted quickly to turn his season into what’s turning out to be a great grow.

I think it is important for new growers to see that even the seasoned growers can make mistakes or have things go wrong.

His journal is also very detailed which is great for the newer crowd as well, at least I appreciate it.

@2Water - 420 Magazine's Canuk Seeds Comparative Indoor Grow - Trainwreck By 2Water

I would like to again nominate a member called 2Water and his journal 420 Magazine's Canuk Seeds Comparative Indoor Grow - Trainwreck By 2Water for JotM.

If you haven’t yet seen it, here it is!

2Water recently shared this is only his 3rd grow, and 1st success. Given the absolute shitshow that was my first, second, third, fourth and fifth grow, I’m in awe of his natural ability to read his plant. And I’m super excited to watch his future grows. I think 2Water has all the hallmarks of becoming one of 420 Mags top growers. 2Water grows with an obvious love for the devils lettuce and he grows with both respect and pride. His grow area is immaculate and his little green lady is on fleek.

If you pop in to his thread, you will see 2Water manages to balance the perfect amount of pictures and words as he showcases the fabulous opportunity Canuk Seeds gave him when generously supplying seeds to 420 members. IMO Canuk seeds have won by having this absolute grow legend showcase their wares.

If you’re looking for a new read, go and have a squiz at 2Water. He’s still got end stage flower to go, and I for one am living for it!

Good job 2Water, and good luck

🙂💛🙂💛🙂💛

@Slapalottapuss - Grumpy Snowman Flowers Black Sugar, CapJunky, MobyDickXJupiterOg - PHH Still Ongoing

I would like to submit Slapalottapuss for Grow Journal of the Month Feb. 2024.

It is obvious that he has the skills to grow beautiful plants, but that’s not all.

He takes detail images and lets you know what he is doing and how he is doing it.

His grow journal stays on track and doesn’t sway off the topic of growing or uses of the buds he grows.

He also does not have a problem with helping keep the forum civil in difficult discussions.

Do vote until you give him a look: Grumpy Snowman Flowers Black Sugar, CapJunky, MobyDickXJupiter

@Regrowth - A Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow Ft. GG#4, Cement Shoes, Blue Dream, Purple Punch

I would like to nominate @Regrowth for GJOM. I have been following his @Canuk Seeds grow since the beginning. And found it to be very informative and ez to follow. The few problems that he has had he solved with his knowledge of growing and detailed his methods with pictures. His grow has been a success and his plants show it. He promotes the Sponsors and welcomes members and answers any questions. Give his journal a quick read before you vote and I think you will see why it should be journal of this month.

:goodluck: Good Luck Everyone! :goodluck:

To anyone reading this that's never nominated someone for this or Journal of the Month its dead easy. You don't need to have any (imagined) standing to nominate, you don;t need anything but 2 minutes to write a few loines on why somone deserves it for their contribution to the site we all learn from. Its entirely between you and Renee or Teddy when you message them. Write a few lines about someone that's helped you out, lets spread the nominations and get some of the lesser known member a chance in the bright lights. Its fun, there's prizes and dunno the first time I was ever nominated (came last!) just was a cool feeling. That was enough. Make someone's day and ping in a nomination, pay it forward.

Nick

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

February Grow Journal Nominees

@Tokin Roll - 420's Canuk Seeds Comparative: Tok Grows Gorilla Glue #4

I would like to nominate Tokin Roll for his 420's Canuk Seeds Comparative: Tok Grows Gorilla Glue #4

Tok went through some issues with this grow and pivoted quickly to turn his season into what’s turning out to be a great grow.

I think it is important for new growers to see that even the seasoned growers can make mistakes or have things go wrong.

His journal is also very detailed which is great for the newer crowd as well, at least I appreciate it.

@2Water - 420 Magazine's Canuk Seeds Comparative Indoor Grow - Trainwreck By 2Water

I would like to again nominate a member called 2Water and his journal 420 Magazine's Canuk Seeds Comparative Indoor Grow - Trainwreck By 2Water for JotM.

If you haven’t yet seen it, here it is!

2Water recently shared this is only his 3rd grow, and 1st success. Given the absolute shitshow that was my first, second, third, fourth and fifth grow, I’m in awe of his natural ability to read his plant. And I’m super excited to watch his future grows. I think 2Water has all the hallmarks of becoming one of 420 Mags top growers. 2Water grows with an obvious love for the devils lettuce and he grows with both respect and pride. His grow area is immaculate and his little green lady is on fleek.

If you pop in to his thread, you will see 2Water manages to balance the perfect amount of pictures and words as he showcases the fabulous opportunity Canuk Seeds gave him when generously supplying seeds to 420 members. IMO Canuk seeds have won by having this absolute grow legend showcase their wares.

If you’re looking for a new read, go and have a squiz at 2Water. He’s still got end stage flower to go, and I for one am living for it!

Good job 2Water, and good luck

🙂💛🙂💛🙂💛

@Slapalottapuss - Grumpy Snowman Flowers Black Sugar, CapJunky, MobyDickXJupiterOg - PHH Still Ongoing

I would like to submit Slapalottapuss for Grow Journal of the Month Feb. 2024.

It is obvious that he has the skills to grow beautiful plants, but that’s not all.

He takes detail images and lets you know what he is doing and how he is doing it.

His grow journal stays on track and doesn’t sway off the topic of growing or uses of the buds he grows.

He also does not have a problem with helping keep the forum civil in difficult discussions.

Do vote until you give him a look: Grumpy Snowman Flowers Black Sugar, CapJunky, MobyDickXJupiter

@Regrowth - A Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow Ft. GG#4, Cement Shoes, Blue Dream, Purple Punch

I would like to nominate @Regrowth for GJOM. I have been following his @Canuk Seeds grow since the beginning. And found it to be very informative and ez to follow. The few problems that he has had he solved with his knowledge of growing and detailed his methods with pictures. His grow has been a success and his plants show it. He promotes the Sponsors and welcomes members and answers any questions. Give his journal a quick read before you vote and I think you will see why it should be journal of this month.

:goodluck: Good Luck Everyone! :goodluck:

To say that it's difficult to pick one from among these 4 stellar journals would be a huge understatement!

All four are winners but only one can be "the" winner. Sheesh! :straightface:

Back
Top Bottom