420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: January 2024

420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: January 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Renee Roberts

420 Support
420 Staff
Welcome to 420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month Contest!

This contest celebrates the very best grow journals on 420 Magazine as nominated and judged by the 420 Magazine member community.

All members are welcome to nominate other members' journals and vote on a winner each month. We ask that everyone please consider the following factors when suggesting nominees and voting on this contest:

• Frequent Activity & Updates - Journals should be regularly maintained and updated
  • Attention To Detail - Journals should discuss growing methods and techniques in detail
  • Quality Photography - Pictures should be clear and of good quality
  • Proper Grammar & Structure - Journals should be well-written and easy to understand
  • General Forum Conduct - Journal and author should adhere to published forum guidelines
  • Stays On Topic - Journals should be focused on Cannabis cultivation
  • Responds To Questions - Members posting questions receive clear and thoughtful responses
  • Explains Well & Offers Advice - Journal is a good environment for new growers to learn
  • Promotes our Sponsors - Journals should feature or recommend our Sponsors' products whenever possible

Please send your nominations to 420 Support (@Renee Roberts or @Teddy Edwards) via private message, including detailed reasoning for your nomination. 420 Staff will assess and approve the community nominations, then members determine the winner by poll.

Nominations are accepted from the 1st until the 14th at midnight PST every month. Approved nominations will be posted shortly after midnight PST and, at that time, the polls will open through midnight PST on the last day of the month to vote for a winner.

Please follow the above guidelines to propose a nomination and do not post or discuss nominations in the contest thread. Nominations and/or suggestions of nominations in the contest thread will be deleted without notice.

The winner receives "Grow Journal of the Month" title and the following Prize Package:

420 Magazine: 420 Magazine Lighter, 420 Magazine Magnet & 420 Magazine Stickers
Foods Alive: Organic Toasted Hemp Seeds
Sierra Natural Science: 217C Spider Mite Control - 1 Quart Mix Pouch
Herbies Seeds: 3 Seeds Each of 3 Different Strains
Vivosun: Heat Mat and Digital Thermostat Combo

Shipping fees may apply to some packages shipped outside of the U.S.
You are responsible for any additional fees applied by customs.
Additional Details On Prize Shipping & Customs Duties

Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Grow Journal of the Year" contest, held in January.

Contest Guidelines:

1. Members must have at least 50 posts to be entitled to vote.

2. 420 Magazine staff members submit nominees and rationale in the contest thread.

3. Promotion (i.e. campaigning) for yourself or a friend, or any attempt at voting more than one time per person (i.e. multiple user names, etc.) is considered cheating and is prohibited. Promotion also includes family and friends who register a new account for voting purposes. Campaigning in any form - including but not limited to mentioning the entry in any thread outside the contest, a signature link to the entry and campaigning via PMs - will result in the entry being removed from the month's contest. A second instance, either in a different contest during the same month or in any future contest, will attract a lifetime ban from all future contests. General encouragement to vote in all the contests is fine, as long as it's not excessive or crossing the line into campaigning. Any post which explicitly or implicitly encourages members to vote for a specific entry is not.

4. Members cannot nominate themselves.

5. Members may only win this title once per calendar year.

6. Staff members from this or any other cannabis forum/community can not be nominated.

7. This contest is open to single grow Journals in Progress only, that have been updated by the original poster within the last 30 days.

Perpetual journals are no longer permitted to be nominated in our contests. We realized that this contest was not fair to those who have created single grow journals to highlight methods, sponsors and genetics, as most perpetual journals are half filled with off topic conversations. Single journals simply cannot compete with perpetual journals that have multiple grows, many pages and years of gathered followers. This is the kind of loophole that creates the "popularity contest" mindset, so we opted to remove it to minimize drama and keep things fair. While we truly appreciate the teaching, content and comradeship that a perpetual journal provides, we cannot allow them to be a part of this contest any longer, nor do we have the time, energy and resources to add another contest.

If anyone has any questions or problems with ANY of the entries in ANY of our contests, please speak up publicly in the respective contest thread, before the end of the contest or forever hold your peace. Once a winner is announced, that will be the end of discussion, there will be no take backs, unless we made a clerical error.

Contests Are Legitimate: Now that votes are publicly visible, it should be obvious who is voting. We have endless ways of discovering cheating and are always successful. If you are caught cheating, your entry will be deleted and you'll be called out in the public thread, visible to everyone. Reason being that in the past, when we removed the offending entry without any announcement (to help minimize embarrassment for the member), it often led to uninformed (or worse, misinformed) members questioning our motives and calling us censorship nazi's. More often than not, the cheater themselves would claim innocence, causing a higher workload for our staff. For these reasons, we now alert the community of what happened, to save all the confusion and massive workload on our team.

Support the 420 Magazine community and your fellow members by getting involved with our contests and, if you don't already have a grow journal, please see How To Make A Grow Journal

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
January Grow Journal Nominees

@Absorber - 420's Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow By Absorber

Absorber is a grower to watch. He has a large SIP up a tree and he is an innovator and inventor of things that he prints 3D. His journal 420's Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow By Absorber is a top notch record of an impeccable operation. Absorber is doing a comparative grow between the same four strains grown in SIPS, vs in his bell syphon-controlled flood and drain system. Follow and vote for his journal in journal of the month.

@2Water - 420 Magazine's Canuk Seeds Comparative Indoor Grow - Trainwreck By 2Water

I’d like to nominate a member called 2Water and his journal 420 Magazine's Canuk Seeds Comparative Indoor Grow - Trainwreck By 2Water for JotM.

If you haven’t yet seen it, here it is!

2Water recently shared this is only his 3rd grow, and 1st success. Given the absolute shitshow that was my first, second, third, fourth and fifth grow, I’m in awe of his natural ability to read his plant. And I’m super excited to watch his future grows. I think 2Water has all the hallmarks of becoming one of 420 Mags top growers. 2Water grows with an obvious love for the devils lettuce and he grows with both respect and pride. His grow area is immaculate and his little green lady is on fleek.

If you pop in to his thread, you will see 2Water manages to balance the perfect amount of pictures and words as he showcases the fabulous opportunity Canuk Seeds gave him when generously supplying seeds to 420 members. IMO Canuk seeds have won by having this absolute grow legend showcase their wares. I’d be surprised if his plant doesn’t win Plant of the Month.

If you’re looking for a new read, go and have a squiz at 2Water. He’s still got end stage flower to go, and I for one am living for it!

Good job 2Water, and good luck

🙂💛🙂💛🙂💛

@g-one-three - Starting from Zero

I'd like to nominate @g-one-three for his journal "Starting from Zero" In just 7 pages so far he has managed to literally start from zero (some grow experience but no equipment) to a 4x2 full of plants using some the sponsors latest tech. He even has a little mother tent setup, though don't tell his wife I'm sure she knows about it yet! There's sure to be a great harvest ahead so have a read and follow along. Well written and easily followed its a lovely little journal to start the year.

@marcus611a - Seedsman Comparative Grow With New Light

I would like to submit Marcus611a for the honors of Grow Journal of the month - Jan. 2024

He provides in-depth detail, clear and informative images, and showing support for our sponsors.

His journal is laid out in a very organized way; that shows you exactly what and how he is doing something.

The images he provides in his journal are always clear, detailed and informative. He does this to make it easy for someone to follow along.

He always mentions and recommends our sponsors when the need arises.

Do vote until you give him a look: Seedsman Comparative Grow With New Light

:goodluck: Good Luck Everyone! :goodluck:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
January Grow Journal Nominees

@Absorber - 420's Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow By Absorber

Absorber is a grower to watch. He has a large SIP up a tree and he is an innovator and inventor of things that he prints 3D. His journal 420's Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow By Absorber is a top notch record of an impeccable operation. Absorber is doing a comparative grow between the same four strains grown in SIPS, vs in his bell syphon-controlled flood and drain system. Follow and vote for his journal in journal of the month.

@2Water - 420 Magazine's Canuk Seeds Comparative Indoor Grow - Trainwreck By 2Water

I’d like to nominate a member called 2Water and his journal 420 Magazine's Canuk Seeds Comparative Indoor Grow - Trainwreck By 2Water for JotM.

If you haven’t yet seen it, here it is!

2Water recently shared this is only his 3rd grow, and 1st success. Given the absolute shitshow that was my first, second, third, fourth and fifth grow, I’m in awe of his natural ability to read his plant. And I’m super excited to watch his future grows. I think 2Water has all the hallmarks of becoming one of 420 Mags top growers. 2Water grows with an obvious love for the devils lettuce and he grows with both respect and pride. His grow area is immaculate and his little green lady is on fleek.

If you pop in to his thread, you will see 2Water manages to balance the perfect amount of pictures and words as he showcases the fabulous opportunity Canuk Seeds gave him when generously supplying seeds to 420 members. IMO Canuk seeds have won by having this absolute grow legend showcase their wares. I’d be surprised if his plant doesn’t win Plant of the Month.

If you’re looking for a new read, go and have a squiz at 2Water. He’s still got end stage flower to go, and I for one am living for it!

Good job 2Water, and good luck

🙂💛🙂💛🙂💛

@g-one-three - Starting from Zero

I'd like to nominate @g-one-three for his journal "Starting from Zero" In just 7 pages so far he has managed to literally start from zero (some grow experience but no equipment) to a 4x2 full of plants using some the sponsors latest tech. He even has a little mother tent setup, though don't tell his wife I'm sure she knows about it yet! There's sure to be a great harvest ahead so have a read and follow along. Well written and easily followed its a lovely little journal to start the year.

@marcus611a - Seedsman Comparative Grow With New Light

I would like to submit Marcus611a for the honors of Grow Journal of the month - Jan. 2024

He provides in-depth detail, clear and informative images, and showing support for our sponsors.

His journal is laid out in a very organized way; that shows you exactly what and how he is doing something.

The images he provides in his journal are always clear, detailed and informative. He does this to make it easy for someone to follow along.

He always mentions and recommends our sponsors when the need arises.

Do vote until you give him a look: Seedsman Comparative Grow With New Light

:goodluck: Good Luck Everyone! :goodluck:

Congratulations to
:adore: January's Grow Journal of the Month Winner! :adore:

@Absorber

Thank you for providing such amazing content for our community, we truly appreciate you!:high-five:

We also want to thank all of the nominees and those that nominated them.

We are very grateful for each of you. :love:

:thanks:

Congratulations to
:adore: January's Grow Journal of the Month Winner! :adore:

@Absorber

Thank you for providing such amazing content for our community, we truly appreciate you!:high-five:

We also want to thank all of the nominees and those that nominated them.

We are very grateful for each of you. :love:

:thanks:
Thankyou very much @420 and @Renee Roberts
And a big thank you to those who nominated and voted for me :adore: im very thankful indeed
Oh and I nearly killed them yesterday 😳🙄 it was close
How ironic
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom