420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: March 2024

420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: March 2024

• Stunger - Stunger Tries Trough Growing And Attempts Fluxing On His Organic Living Soil Balcony

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Jon - Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Wastei - Strongest Hulk In Town! - Bruce Banner #3 Seed Grow

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Slapalottapuss - Grumpy Snowman Flowers Black Sugar, CapJunky, MobyDickXJupiterOg - PHH Still O

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Renee Roberts

420 Support
420 Staff
Welcome to 420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month Contest!

This contest celebrates the very best grow journals on 420 Magazine.

Nominate your favorite grow journal, by telling us why and how it outshines the rest.

Consider the following factors when suggesting nominations and voting:
  • Frequent Activity & Updates - Journals should be regularly maintained and updated
  • Attention To Detail - Journals should discuss growing methods and techniques in detail
  • Quality Photography - Pictures should be clear and of good quality
  • Proper Grammar & Structure - Journals should be well-written and easy to understand
  • General Forum Conduct - Journal and author should adhere to forum guidelines
  • Stays On Topic - Journals should be focused on cannabis cultivation
  • Responds To Questions - Members posting questions receive clear and thoughtful responses
  • Explains Well & Offers Advice - Journal is a good environment for new growers to learn
  • Promotes our Sponsors - Journals should highlight/recommend products from our sponsors
Please send your nominations to @Renee Roberts via private message, including detailed reasoning for your nomination. 420 Staff will assess and approve the community nominations, then members determine the winner by poll.

Nominations are accepted from the 1st until the 14th at midnight PST every month. Approved nominations will be posted shortly after midnight PST. At that time, the polls will open through midnight PST on the last day of the month.

Please follow the above guidelines to propose a nomination and do not post or discuss nominations in the contest thread. Nominations and/or suggestions of nominations in the contest thread will be deleted without notice.

Prize Package:
Shipping fees may apply to some packages shipped outside of the U.S.
You are responsible for any additional fees applied by customs.
Additional Details On Prize Shipping & Customs Duties

Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Grow Journal of the Year" contest, held in January.

Contest Guidelines:

1. Members must have at least 50 posts to be eligible for nominations and/or voting.

2. Members cannot nominate themselves.

3. Members may only win this title once per calendar year.

4. Staff members from this or any other cannabis platform, cannot participate in our contests.

5. This contest is open to single grow Journals in Progress, that have been updated within the last 30 days.

6. Perpetual journals are not eligible to be nominated in this contest. We appreciate the teaching, content and comradeship that a perpetual journal provides, however most of them are rich in off-topic conversations with years of subscribed followers. So when a post is made announcing a contest, there could be years worth of subscribers who are called to action. This does not make for a fair comparison with single grow journals created to highlight methods, sponsors & genetics, with only a few months of subscribers.

7. Campaigning for yourself or a friend, is considered cheating and will result in the entry being removed from the contest.

Campaigning includes:
  • Voting more than one time per person from multiple accounts.
  • Signature linking to the specific entry.
  • Emailing members offsite asking for their vote.
  • Sending members private messages asking for their vote.
  • Family and friends registering new accounts for voting purposes.
  • Mentioning the specific entry in any thread outside of the contest.
Second offenses will result in a lifetime ban from all future contests. General encouragement to vote in all the contests is fine, as long as it's not excessive or crossing the line into campaigning.

Contests Are Legitimate: Voting may be anonymous, but we have endless ways of catching cheaters and are always successful. If you are caught cheating, your entry will be deleted and you'll be exposed in the public thread.

In the past, we removed offending entries without announcement, to minimize embarrassment for the member. The cheaters would then claim innocence, which turned everyone against us. This led to members questioning our motives and causing extra work for our team. To avoid confusion moving forward, we now alert the community of these things when they happen.

If anyone has any questions or problems with any of the entries in a contest, please speak up in the contest thread before the end of the contest, or forever hold your peace. Once a winner is announced, that will be the end of discussion. There will be no take backs, unless we made a clerical error.

Support the 420 Magazine community and your fellow members by getting involved with our contests and, if you don't already have a grow journal, please see How To Make A Grow Journal

This year's winners who are now ineligible for nomination:
January: @Absorber - 420's Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow By Absorber
February: @Regrowth - A Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow Ft. GG#4, Cement Shoes, Blue Dream, Purple Punch

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
March Grow Journal Nominees

@Stunger - Stunger Tries Trough Growing And Attempts Fluxing On His Organic Living Soil Balcony

I'd like to nominate Stunger's grow journal - Stunger Tries Trough Growing And Attempts Fluxing On His Organic Living Soil Balcony for March's Grow Journal of the Month.

Stunger always grows (or almost always) grows sativas in a organic, outdoor stealth grow and he's always trying new methods, which he very patiently explains to his followers. He did an excellent job of showing how he determines sex in his regular plants last year. This year, it's all about fluxing, trough growing and pollination. If you're interested in any of this, be sure to check his journal out. You won't be sorry.

Greetings 420 Enthusiasts (this is the way he starts his updates and it gives me life!)

This month I’d like to nominate Stunger and his fabulous annual grow from 2024 as a candidate for Journal of the Month.

Stunger Tries Trough Growing And Attempts Fluxing On His Organic Living Soil Balcony

Stunger always puts on a great grow show. You will find it all in this journal, there is superb growing, educational opportunities, great photography, plant sex and murder. He’s only half way through, so if you haven’t popped in and had a read, do yourself a favour.

And thank you Stunger. You are a fabulous member and a great advocate spreading positivity for the devils lettuce.

Stunger FTW

🤩⭐🤩⭐🤩⭐

@Jon - Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig
I’d like to nominate Jon’s autos vs photos 5x5 grow journal for GJOTM. This has been one of the most popular journals since he started it. Everyone is enjoying his competition with Nick Hardy in this journal. The concept is new and exciting. Autos vs Photos for volume. With so much detail to each room it’s very informative and enlightening. The pair of them have everyone anxiously waiting the outcome. Everyone please join me and give this journal the recognition it deserves.

Vote Jon for GJOTM - Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

@Wastei - Strongest Hulk In Town! - Bruce Banner #3 Seed Grow
I’d like to nominate Wastei’s latest journal: Strongest Hulk In Town! - Bruce Banner #3 Seed Grow

He’s growing a personal favorite strain that I promise isn’t a easy grow - Bruce Banner can be crazy temperamental and shape up oddly asymmetrical but the man has skills. He’s running a really technical grow, from nute decisions, light levels and just wow, the best home build irrigation system I’ve ever seen built on the knowledge he’s picked up over decades of growing. He’s hyper skilled, the journal is detailed with measurements and “How to’s” and genuinely an exceptionally good read, full of real numbers and outcomes.

Many people here write in second languages and many flavours make up up any packet of Jelly Bellys, what makes us different makes us stronger. One of the most warm hearted members of the site, writing with technical flair and opinions on this here 420magazine.com site? - its worth a read what ever your grow style!

@Slapalottapuss - Grumpy Snowman Flowers Black Sugar, CapJunky, MobyDickXJupiterOg - PHH Still O
I would like to re-submit Slapalottapuss for Grow Journal of the Month March 2024.

It is obvious that he has the skills to grow beautiful plants, but that’s not all.

He takes detail images and lets you know what he is doing and how he is doing it.

His grow journal stays on track and doesn’t sway off the topic of growing or uses of the buds he grows.

He also does not have a problem with helping keep the forum civil in difficult discussions.

Do vote until you give him a look: Grumpy Snowman Flowers Black Sugar, CapJunky, MobyDickXJupiterOg - PHH Still O

:goodluck: Good Luck Everyone! :goodluck:

New Sponsor Alert

We have a new sponsor for Grow Journal of the Month! :yahoo:

@ViparSpectra has generously donated a XS1500 Pro LED Grow Light to the winner of this contest!

1709769173968.png

Thank you @ViparSpectra, we are grateful for your contribution! :adore:

:thanks:

New Sponsor Alert

We have another new sponsor for Grow Journal of the Month! :yahoo:

@Yocan Official has generously donated a Dyno Vaporizer to the winner of this contest!

1709769362591.png

Thank you @Yocan Official, we are grateful for your contribution! :adore:

New Sponsor Alert

@Hemper has generously donated The Hemper Box to the winner of this contest!

1709769520613.png

Thank you @Hemper, we are grateful for your contribution! :adore:

Great new prizes!!!!

Thanks to ALL the sponsors!

New Sponsor Alert

@SeedsMan has generously donated 5 x Blueberry Feminized seeds to the winner of this contest!

1710371582360.png

Thank you @SeedsMan, we are grateful for your contribution! :adore:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
March Grow Journal Nominees

@Stunger - Stunger Tries Trough Growing And Attempts Fluxing On His Organic Living Soil Balcony

I'd like to nominate Stunger's grow journal - Stunger Tries Trough Growing And Attempts Fluxing On His Organic Living Soil Balcony for March's Grow Journal of the Month.

Stunger always grows (or almost always) grows sativas in a organic, outdoor stealth grow and he's always trying new methods, which he very patiently explains to his followers. He did an excellent job of showing how he determines sex in his regular plants last year. This year, it's all about fluxing, trough growing and pollination. If you're interested in any of this, be sure to check his journal out. You won't be sorry.

Greetings 420 Enthusiasts (this is the way he starts his updates and it gives me life!)

This month I’d like to nominate Stunger and his fabulous annual grow from 2024 as a candidate for Journal of the Month.

Stunger Tries Trough Growing And Attempts Fluxing On His Organic Living Soil Balcony

Stunger always puts on a great grow show. You will find it all in this journal, there is superb growing, educational opportunities, great photography, plant sex and murder. He’s only half way through, so if you haven’t popped in and had a read, do yourself a favour.

And thank you Stunger. You are a fabulous member and a great advocate spreading positivity for the devils lettuce.

Stunger FTW

🤩⭐🤩⭐🤩⭐

@Jon - Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig
I’d like to nominate Jon’s autos vs photos 5x5 grow journal for GJOTM. This has been one of the most popular journals since he started it. Everyone is enjoying his competition with Nick Hardy in this journal. The concept is new and exciting. Autos vs Photos for volume. With so much detail to each room it’s very informative and enlightening. The pair of them have everyone anxiously waiting the outcome. Everyone please join me and give this journal the recognition it deserves.

Vote Jon for GJOTM - Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

@Wastei - Strongest Hulk In Town! - Bruce Banner #3 Seed Grow
I’d like to nominate Wastei’s latest journal: Strongest Hulk In Town! - Bruce Banner #3 Seed Grow

He’s growing a personal favorite strain that I promise isn’t a easy grow - Bruce Banner can be crazy temperamental and shape up oddly asymmetrical but the man has skills. He’s running a really technical grow, from nute decisions, light levels and just wow, the best home build irrigation system I’ve ever seen built on the knowledge he’s picked up over decades of growing. He’s hyper skilled, the journal is detailed with measurements and “How to’s” and genuinely an exceptionally good read, full of real numbers and outcomes.

Many people here write in second languages and many flavours make up up any packet of Jelly Bellys, what makes us different makes us stronger. One of the most warm hearted members of the site, writing with technical flair and opinions on this here 420magazine.com site? - its worth a read what ever your grow style!

@Slapalottapuss - Grumpy Snowman Flowers Black Sugar, CapJunky, MobyDickXJupiterOg - PHH Still O
I would like to re-submit Slapalottapuss for Grow Journal of the Month March 2024.

It is obvious that he has the skills to grow beautiful plants, but that’s not all.

He takes detail images and lets you know what he is doing and how he is doing it.

His grow journal stays on track and doesn’t sway off the topic of growing or uses of the buds he grows.

He also does not have a problem with helping keep the forum civil in difficult discussions.

Do vote until you give him a look: Grumpy Snowman Flowers Black Sugar, CapJunky, MobyDickXJupiterOg - PHH Still O

:goodluck: Good Luck Everyone! :goodluck:

Wow! I did not expect that and I don't know if I deserve those kind words or the nomination but I thank whoever nominated me! (I have my suspicions and thanks bud!) I chose to move my main journal to this forum because of how many new growers are being active and registered.

I was lucky enough to be schooled by the old growers before me and all the marketing and standardization and maybe do things a little bit different than most people do.

By that I'm not saying follow my lead or do anything I do and I believe thats what's so interesting about this hobby. How many ways there is to the finish line and people get great results doing their own thing chasing optimal environmental measures. That definition also varies amongst us.

All the best of luck to the other great contenders and hope everybody's having a great weekend!

Cheers! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom