420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By HashGirl

They looks good!

I had stuck helmets on a few of mine. I think it's my seed placement technique and the consistency of my soil. Or not compacted enough to offer enough resistance to get it off naturally. Are you planning on intervening and take it off?

I hate having to give them a helping hand, I shake badly so it's just a death sentence if I do it :rofl: ,,need to get the misses to do that

GSC1 has arrived and I'm calling her my special one since she and I share the same birthday. :battingeyelashes:

GSC1 - 12-May-21.jpg

They looks good!

I had stuck helmets on a few of mine. I think it's my seed placement technique and the consistency of my soil. Or not compacted enough to offer enough resistance to get it off naturally. Are you planning on intervening and take it off?

I hate having to give them a helping hand, I shake badly so it's just a death sentence if I do it :rofl: ,,need to get the misses to do that

I usually spritz the seedlings a couple of days first and if that doesn't work then I try to gently pry it off. So far, I haven't killed any.

I have shaky hands, too. It really sucks when you want to take good photos. I bought a tripod to work with my camera but I haven't really put it to much use yet.

I haven't posted any pics lately so here are the 4 GSC ladies:

GSC1 - 5 Days Old:

IMG_2669.jpeg

GSC2 - 6 Days Old:

IMG_2671.jpeg

GSC3 - 6 Days Old:

IMG_2673.jpeg

GSC4 - 7 Days Old:

IMG_2675.jpeg

I've just been watering them a little bit each day with plain water. At this stage, they're not very exciting so I probably won't post a lot of photos until they're a few weeks old.

Hey HG! I hope you had a blessed and happy birthday!

Yeah, the seedling stage can lull ya to sleep sometimes. I get where you're coming from.

I've just been watering them a little bit each day with plain water.
You don't think that is too much? Why not let them dry out a little for a day or two? Your soil has plenty of space in it to hold water for a few days. I already drowned one of mine from overwatering. You can try tilting the cups 45° or more to reduce the water table, if there is one present? If there is, excess water will drip out faster.

Looking happy to be there HG! Remember, when it's time to feed them you can just dilute your full-strength MC down for these. No need to mix a separate batch!

Thanks Shed.

As you well know, I'm math challenged so I usually mix up the 10L jug with the 5g/gal solution and the 1L jug with the 3g/gal solution. How would I dilute either of these to get the accurate amount for a seedling?

However, I'm not using MegaCrop for this particular grow. I'm using GeoFlora, which will get mixed into the ProMix when I transplant them to 1 gallon pots in about 2 weeks.

How would I dilute either of these to get the accurate amount for a seedling?
For seedlings getting 1g/gallon you would just dilute your 5g/gallon. For example, take a 1L container of 5g/gallon and add 4L to it and you have 5L at 1g/gallon.

Scale as needed because hardly anyone needs 5L of 1g/gallon nutes!
However, I'm not using MegaCrop for this particular grow. I'm using GeoFlora, which will get mixed into the ProMix when I transplant them to 1 gallon pots in about 2 weeks.
I top dressed my GF plant in the solo cup long before transplant and it looks the best of my three. About the age yours are now. I wanted GF to be working by the time the second set of leaves were fully formed.

Please don't take my thoughts or opinions as criticism or being completely sure in my suggestions. I just want to share my thoughts and logic while reading the journal. Often my thoughts and questions are way off but it helps me learn when I get corrected. Could help others learn too.

Based on the timeline I'm seeing,
I would personally give them a dose of the GF top dress. I agree with Shed about giving them some food now.

They don't have any nutrients in the ProMix right? Nothing else has been added to them except water? You don't plan on feeding them GF Veg until you transplant in 2 weeks correct?

Their initial germination and growth can be self sustained for up to 10-14 days if I am correct? But my memory is shot! Hopefully someone can chime in to confirm or correct.

If I am correct, then they will potentially exhaust their available nutrients in the next few days! Leaving you potentially a week behind in nutrients by the time you transplant. Transplant stress and no available nutrients right away? I would be concerned. Again, my logic may be incorrect and they may be perfectly fine. My instinct is telling me they may run into a nutrient issue.

Thanks Shed.

As you well know, I'm math challenged so I usually mix up the 10L jug with the 5g/gal solution and the 1L jug with the 3g/gal solution. How would I dilute either of these to get the accurate amount for a seedling?

This should actually say the 4L jug with the 3g/gal solution.

For seedlings getting 1g/gallon you would just dilute your 5g/gallon. For example, take a 1L container of 5g/gallon and add 4L to it and you have 5L at 1g/gallon.

I can't add 4L to a 1L container since the container would be too small but I get what you're saying and I will try it.

Scale as needed because hardly anyone needs 5L of 1g/gallon nutes!

I top dressed my GF plant in the solo cup long before transplant and it looks the best of my three. About the age yours are now. I wanted GF to be working by the time the second set of leaves were fully formed.

How much GF did you use in your solo cups?
Based on the timeline I'm seeing,
I would personally give them a dose of the GF top dress. I agree with Shed about giving them some food now.

They don't have any nutrients in the ProMix right? Nothing else has been added to them except water? You don't plan on feeding them GF Veg until you transplant in 2 weeks correct?

Their initial germination and growth can be self sustained for up to 10-14 days if I am correct? But my memory is shot! Hopefully someone can chime in to confirm or correct.

If I am correct, then they will potentially exhaust their available nutrients in the next few days! Leaving you potentially a week behind in nutrients by the time you transplant. Transplant stress and no available nutrients right away? I would be concerned. Again, my logic may be incorrect and they may be perfectly fine. My instinct is telling me they may run into a nutrient issue.

Morning, Baked. I added Dynomyco to the ProMix before I planted the seeds but other than that, you're correct in assuming I've added no nutes. Once I get Shed's reply, I will do so going forward.

However, that said, I haven't used nutes in my solo cups in previous grows but it didn't seem to harm them any that I could tell but I'm still new so maybe I don't know what the signs of plant stress are yet.

I can't add 4L to a 1L container since the container would be too small but I get what you're saying and I will try it.
How big your container is doesn't factor into the equation, only what your dilution rate was.

If your mix is 3g/gallon and you want 1g/gallon, you divide your current mix (3) by what you want it to end up (1), which gives you the total gallons your final dilution should have.

So 3/1 = 3, which means your total amount of water would be 3 gallons, so you would add 2 gallons plain water to 1 gallon of your current mix, giving you 3 gallons of 1g/gallon.

This works with smaller amounts too. If you have 8 ounces of 3g mix, you would need to add 16 ounces of water to give you 24 ounces (or three times the original amount) of a new 1g mix.

I just converted 4.5g/gallon to 4g/gallon like that this morning. 4.5/4=1.125. Since .125 is an eighth, it was easy to work with 8 ounces of water. I added 1 ounce of water to 8 ounces of nutes for my dilution. 8x1.125=9
How much GF did you use in your solo cups?
Since 1 gallon pots use 2 Tbs (or 6 tsp), I figured there were about six solo cups in a gallon pot, so I went with 1 tsp plus a little extra for luck.

As per Shed and Baked's suggestion, I added 1 tsp @GeoFlora Nutrients to each of the Solo Cups, covered them with a little ProMix and watered as per the following:
420 Update - GSC - 20-May-21.jpg

Here are some photos:

IMG_2741.jpeg

IMG_2743.jpeg

GSC1:

IMG_2744.jpeg

GSC2:

IMG_2750.jpeg

GSC3:

IMG_2753.jpeg

GSC4:

IMG_2757.jpeg

The whole group:

IMG_2759.jpeg

And, that's it. Thanks for following along.

I think you mis-read my post.

Your table says 1 tsp but it looks like a ¼ in the pics as well.

Hi Shed.

I did add 1 tsp of the GF to each GSC. I had used the 1/4 teaspoon to add Dynomyco to the Carnival I transplanted today so rather than getting another teaspoon dirty, I just added four 1/4 teaspoons of the GF. I have made the edit to original post. Thank you for noticing.

Oh good, another GF journal to follow;) looking good Hash and happy belated birthday!

:welcome: to my grow journal, Tim. And, thank you for the birthday wish.

Back
Top Bottom