420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Websissy

Cannabis is a resilient plant. They will do fine once they get fed. And clear up these minor issues.
I see Calcium def so I would feed it more.
Bugs are easy to deal with and I don't see excessive yellowing or drooping to indicate a root issue. Doesn't mean don't do anything to help the roots...include a routine preventive treatment also.
Have you contacted out side of this thread @GeoFlora Nutrients
Good luck
I have not contacted @Geoflora outside this thread - will do that and add to the main 420 GSC comparative grow thread.

I decided to water again this morning. The pots were getting light with the most affected plant being the lightest. I added 15ml of Cal/Mag Plus to the gallon of water and lowered the PH to 5.5. Hopefully, the plants have a good day and behave while I’m at work today.

Hey bud :green_heart:

I've had some funky leaf looking problems in the early set of flowering as well.

First of all, I may of well mistaken what I thought to be nitrogen def in the early to later stage of vegging which I'm beginning to think it is Mg - magnesium def, as this has popped up in a few times in GSC related journals - cross referencing related problems to get a bigger picture.

So far most of the funky leaf looks are the lower fan leaf's the Mg issue is showing towards mid way fan leaf's which I need to sort out asap, so I'm not overly bothered by it at the moment as the fan leaf's normal take the brunt of most common defs.

How ever I'm sure I saw signs of P - phosphorus def on my own plants & that you may get light symptoms of the issue as well ?

Only time will tell.

Hey bud :green_heart:

I've had some funky leaf looking problems in the early set of flowering as well.

First of all, I may of well mistaken what I thought to be nitrogen def in the early to later stage of vegging which I'm beginning to think it is Mg - magnesium def, as this has popped up in a few times in GSC related journals - cross referencing related problems to get a bigger picture.

So far most of the funky leaf looks are the lower fan leaf's the Mg issue is showing towards mid way fan leaf's which I need to sort out asap, so I'm not overly bothered by it at the moment as the fan leaf's normal take the brunt of most common defs.

How ever I'm sure I saw signs of P - phosphorus def on my own plants & that you may get light symptoms of the issue as well ?

Only time will tell.
Thanks - I thought about phosphorus deficiency too and that’s why I didn’t want to add more GeoFlora Veg if I’m going to flip them as I’ll be top dressing with their Bloom in a few days - then I’d need to water them well again. I’ve given them some Cal/Mag in the mean time. Hopefully, will be okay if I flip to flower with the higher dose of phosphorus.

Day 49/39 Veg -

Good News first - the plants’ top new growth is looking great!

Bad News - The problem is spreading up to my top fan leaves - new growth still looks good but I’m worried that the plants are in trouble and whatever is missing is going to kill them. I won’t flip to flower in 3 days. I will wait for them to get healthier even if I have to top them if they get too tall. What a mess!

Watched a video on magnesium deficiency and the guy said it usually shows up around the 4th week. I noticed it starting then - now in the 5th week. Can be a problem with the PH and nutrient uptake . He said to raise PH to higher end of 6 range and feed Cal/mag or some other products. @GeoFlora Nutrients & @Weed Seeds Express - help! :ciao:

I cut off the suffering fan leaves off when they look like they are starting to die.
@Websissy After reading through the thread, it looks like you may be right about a minor calmag deficiency, which makes sense right before flip when you're working with smaller pots.

Supplementing with some calmag or mag sul would be our suggestion, and it looks like you're on the right track. Keep us posted if things don't improve.

Day 53/42 days in Veg and now 1st day to Flowering

Recap:

• Growing 4 Weed Seeds Express feminized Girl Scout Cookie plants in FFHF soil (100% germination rate)
  • Up-potted to 3 gallons and amended soil with GeoFlora Veg, Dynomyco & Earth Alive Soil Activator on 34th Veg day.
  • Used a T5 during seedling and early veg, then switched to a WeeGrow CS-100 (96 watt small plant LED grow light), then mid Veg switched to a WeeGrow Q-1000 (100 watt that will cover a 2x2 flower grow space).
  • Using SNS-209 for pest management per their recommendations.
  • Have a cal/mag and/phosphorus deficiency on my 2 fastest growing plants. PH is neutral.
Today, as planned, am flipping to flower - changing the light cycle from 18/6 to 12/12. Will feed the plants today too - this time hopefully I’ll get the measurement right (see @BakedARea advice on page 5) - a 3 gallon pot = 0.4 cubic feet. GeoFlora Bloom is top dress with 8oz per cubic ft. 8oz x 0.4 = 3.2 oz per plant. Then water thoroughly.

Pics to come once they perk up in a few hours after watering - they always droop a bit after I water them.

I will be gone again next weekend camping in the mountains with friends - but my family will be home - they should be fine but no one looks after them like I do :morenutes:The plants that is;)

On a side note - I haven’t bought new pot smoking paraphernalia since the 80’s (except for a vape for dispensary cartridges). Bought a bong and little one hitter today. Liking the bong - smoked some of my Purple Haze (1st grow ever) - a good buzz!

I will be gone again next weekend camping in the mountains with friends - but my family will be home - they should be fine but no one looks after them like I do :morenutes:The plants that is;)

On a side note - I haven’t bought new pot smoking paraphernalia since the 80’s (except for a vape for dispensary cartridges). Bought a bong and little one hitter today. Liking the bong - smoked some of my Purple Haze (1st grow ever) - a good buzz!
:bong:

Day 55 - 3rd day in flower - all’s well. One of my middle size plants is thirsty - she felt light when I stopped home at lunch. Can someone educated me on watering in flower? I recall on my last grow being told don’t make the plants search for water in flower - their roots are mature and it’s hard to over-water them in soil when in flower. I usually water when the pot feels light - I’ve only let a plant get super thirsty once where I thought I had killed it and it came back to life after it was watered. So in flower if it’s getting light but not 100% light in weight is it okay to water? I have them all on elevator stands over saucers and in cloth 3 gallon pots.

Can someone educated me on watering in flower? I recall on my last grow being told don’t make the plants search for water in flower - their roots are mature and it’s hard to over-water them in soil when in flower.
Great question! Hopefully I don't miss the answer. LOL

Last year, I had plants outside and I do think I contributed to their demise by not watering enough. I really like the concept that @Emilya utilizes and waters the edges every third day. I started doing it a few weeks ago. Granted, I'm im veg but your question is not something I thought about.

What should my watering strategy be in flower?! Really excited to see your beauties start stacking!

I believe in pushing water at my plants during bloom. A plant that can go 4 days to get to a state of dry that would be acceptable during veg, will get watered every 3 days in my bloom room. At whatever length of wet/dry cycle I end up with in my final container at the end of veg, I try to shave a day off of it.

That being said, I still believe that the lower roots need to get oxygen periodically. Every 4th watering I will let my plant go that extra day, just to dry out a little more and pull oxygen that much deeper into the container. Then, its back to pushing water.

Hey @Websissy :ciao:!

Hope you don't mind but just thought I'd bust over & see what's going on at your place :thumb:

Had a quick look through & your journal looks great :high-five:( Well Jel lol ! ). Love the write up's & pictures, garden looks awesome. Look forward to seeing how they turn out.
Take it ez,

One :love:

Day 56 - Day 4 of Flower

The girls were sleepy this morning - leaves were resting comfortably just prior to the lights coming on. I watered #1 the most - her pot was super light and watered the others too just so they don’t get dry. Will have to water again Thursday night since I’ll be gone for the weekend. Lots of little buds and pistils forming. Little bit of stretch starting. Love how there are noticeable Trichomes already viewable on the top leaves!

Back
Top Bottom