420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow

Happy Sunday! Check out this little one.

Day 3 above ground. Girl scout cookies by @Weed Seeds Express

20210509_200853.jpg
So pretty!! :circle-of-love:

Still waiting on the last five new journals to begin...

@Lil Merkaba - Waiting for seeds
@Slammy Pajama - Waiting for seeds
@Furcifer - Waiting for seeds
@Magnus8 - Waiting for seeds
@XiwsX561 - Received seeds, waiting for A/C

Please let us know when you've started your new journal with a link to it here :thanks:

@Weed Seeds Express has been jumping through hoops working to get the seeds down to me! They've sent some more off with FedEx, with an estimated delivery by next Wednesday 17th, so I should be all set very very soon!! :thumb:

My @GeoFlora Nutrients care package also arrived yesterday, so everything is starting to fall into place! Thanks again to @420 and all the awesome sponsors who are making this happen!

When I checked the mail this morning my seeds were not there but an explanation was for their lateness; seized at the border.

I can’t tell you how infuriating this is and not only because I wasted a month waiting for these seeds not starting other plants in the meantime but because this law is a pathetic joke. It is legal to grow possess and consume cannabis in Canada but it is illegal to import seeds from outside Canada and why you ask? Because the greedy government wants you to buy your seeds through their official channels but they didn’t even have any seeds for sale to the public for about the first year after legalization and last time I checked a few months ago they had two varieties I had never heard of.

This is the equivalent of telling the people, yes you can make your own wine but you can only use Welch’s grape juice as a base and not grapes that have actually been cultivated for eons specifically for winemaking. And most frustratingly there is actually a seed bank in Niagara Falls Ontario where I grew up where I have bought many seeds that sell seeds from all over the world. They let this retail outlet sell inside Canada seeds from outside which according to the government are illegal and yet they confiscate the very same kind of seeds at the border.

But the biggest hypocrisy in Canada are the Conservative Party members which are the equivalent to your Republicans who have been against cannabis use as policy forever but once it became legal through the Liberal government all these hypocritical old cronies jumped in and became major investors. The former police chief from Toronto our biggest city who in the past equated cannabis use with murder is now one of the biggest investors and on the board apparently of one of the biggest cannabis companies in Canada. Pure hypocrisy.

I find this really disappointing because I was so looking forward to comparing my stripped-down pragmatic method against all those who employ every gadget and additive available.
Dude that sucks! I didn't know that could happen in Canada!

Yes, it can and did happen to me but after calming down and reflecting on the matter every country has its issues to a greater or lesser degree and I feel pretty lucky to be Canadian and I wasn't putting down the country or government as a whole but just blowing steam over one silly law since I lost my seeds over it.

Yes, it can and did happen to me but after calming down and reflecting on the matter every country has its issues to a greater or lesser degree and I feel pretty lucky to be Canadian and I wasn't putting down the country or government as a whole but just blowing steam over one silly law since I lost my seeds ove
Naw man I get it! I just haven't seen this happen to anyone that I know. I am in canada too, it's pretty great although I have never lived in another country I have nothing to compare it to really lol.

Kind of retarded too because seeds are not really illegal even in states that cannabis is not legal yet. Sold as a collectors or novelty item. Technically the Cannabis is not even illegal until you flower is considered CBD which is legal in all 50 states here. You test during veg there's no THC

Here is the statement from @Weed Seeds Express on their Blog. More in the link below.

Are cannabis seeds legal?​

In 1962, a single Convention on Narcotic Drugs was signed by 180 Member countries in the context of a global legislation that considers cannabis an illicit substance. Not the seed itself.

Strictly seen, a cannabis seed is not a weed nor a drug. The seed contains no narcotic components so you won’t get stoned or high from it. What it makes complicated is that you can grow a weed plant from a cannabis seed.

Conclusion: technically cannabis seeds are legal in all of these 180 member countries. In theory, it’s perfectly legal to buy cannabis seeds as long as they are not germinated and the public prosecutor can’t prove that you intend to grow cannabis. Many countries therefore don’t see cannabis seeds as illegal but also not as legal. The seed itself is often allowed, but the germination of the seed isn’t always. A lot of ambiguity.

Canada is weird about seeds in general though. There is a whole document you can find on the Government Of Canada website about the ABC's of Seed Transportation into the country. I would leave a link, but it looks this site can be pretty regulated on the information you share with others. I mentioned a couple companies and their "stealth" options and the comment has been removed. I find it weird but I am still learnin the rules here.

Here is the statement from @Weed Seeds Express on their Blog. More in the link below.

Are cannabis seeds legal?​

In 1962, a single Convention on Narcotic Drugs was signed by 180 Member countries in the context of a global legislation that considers cannabis an illicit substance. Not the seed itself.

Strictly seen, a cannabis seed is not a weed nor a drug. The seed contains no narcotic components so you won’t get stoned or high from it. What it makes complicated is that you can grow a weed plant from a cannabis seed.

Conclusion: technically cannabis seeds are legal in all of these 180 member countries. In theory, it’s perfectly legal to buy cannabis seeds as long as they are not germinated and the public prosecutor can’t prove that you intend to grow cannabis. Many countries therefore don’t see cannabis seeds as illegal but also not as legal. The seed itself is often allowed, but the germination of the seed isn’t always. A lot of ambiguity.
Same with mushroom spores legal until u cultivate

Canada is weird about seeds in general though. There is a whole document you can find on the Government Of Canada website about the ABC's of Seed Transportation into the country. I would leave a link, but it looks this site can be pretty regulated on the information you share with others. I mentioned a couple companies and their "stealth" options and the comment has been removed. I find it weird but I am still learnin the rules here.
It's already kind of stealth it looks like a pamphlet or a book and then it's glued together with the middle cut out like you see in a movie worried they open the Bible in prison in the guys got a shive. Probably has more to do with bringing like fruits and stuff that are not native and bugs everywhere is more like that worried about bringing in invasive species

@Lil Merkaba confirmed that he received the seeds
@Slammy Pajama Replacement with Fedex is on the way
@Furcifer Sent a DM
@Magnus8 Replacement is on the way

Friendly reminder for everyone to please post how many days your plants have been growing, when you post photo updates :thanks:

@BakedARea: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By BakedARea
@Baron Von Blurple: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Baron Von Blurple
@beez0404: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Beez0404
@Bill284: 420 Magazine Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Bill284
@bobrown14: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By BoBrown14
@BooWho2: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by BooWho2
@Camaro1691: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Camaro1691
@ChefDGreen: 420Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By ChefDGreen
@CigNv: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Cig
@CO Finest: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by CO Finest
@cr8grow: 420 Magazine’s Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Cr8grow
@Dano999: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Dano999
@Dean's Greens: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Dean's Greens
@DonkeyDick: 420 Magazine’s Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By DonkeyDick
@Emilya: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Emilya
@Freak Brothers: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Freak Brothers
@Fuzzy Duck: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Fuzzy Duck
@HashGirl: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By HashGirl
@Homer Simpson: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Homer Simpson
@Jack420: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Jack420
@Joshualuck: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Joshualuck
@Justin Goody: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Justin Goody
@Kismet : 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Kismet
@Ljb1: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Ljb1
@Lime: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Lime
@MochaBud: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By MochaBud
@Modest Grower: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Modest Grower
@MotaFina: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Motafina
@Moto258: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Moto258
@MrsJack420: 420 Magazine’s Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By MrsJack420
@ProfessorFlora: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By ProfessorFlora
@Schnookie: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Schnookie
@VetSmoke85: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By VetSmoke85
@Websissy: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Websissy

I would be intereated in participating in the comparative grow, i run HPA aeroponic with custom LED + UVB
We're sorry, but the comparative grow was closed a while back.

Please stay tuned for the next one when this is over :thanks:

@Lil Merkaba confirmed that he received the seeds
@Furcifer Sent a DM
@Magnus8 Replacement is on the way

Friendly reminder for everyone to please post how many days your plants have been growing, when you post photo updates :thanks:

@BakedARea: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By BakedARea
@Baron Von Blurple: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Baron Von Blurple
@beez0404: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Beez0404
@Bill284: 420 Magazine Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Bill284
@bobrown14: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By BoBrown14
@BooWho2: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by BooWho2
@Camaro1691: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Camaro1691
@ChefDGreen: 420Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By ChefDGreen
@CigNv: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Cig
@CO Finest: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by CO Finest
@cr8grow: 420 Magazine’s Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Cr8grow
@Dano999: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Dano999
@Dean's Greens: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Dean's Greens
@DonkeyDick: 420 Magazine’s Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By DonkeyDick
@Emilya: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Emilya
@Freak Brothers: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Freak Brothers
@Fuzzy Duck: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Fuzzy Duck
@HashGirl: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By HashGirl
@Homer Simpson: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Homer Simpson
@Jack420: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Jack420
@Joshualuck: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Joshualuck
@Justin Goody: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Justin Goody
@Kismet : 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Kismet
@Ljb1: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Ljb1
@Lime: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Lime
@MochaBud: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By MochaBud
@Modest Grower: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Modest Grower
@MotaFina: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Motafina
@Moto258: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Moto258
@MrsJack420: 420 Magazine’s Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By MrsJack420
@ProfessorFlora: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By ProfessorFlora
@Schnookie: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Schnookie
@VetSmoke85: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By VetSmoke85
@Websissy: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Websissy
Seeds have been reshipped via FedEx.
Currently in a DC 10 Clipper Ship somewhere over the Hymalan Mountains between Pakistan and Mongolia...
I'll be joining you all soon! :woohoo:

Status update on the last five GSC Comparative Grow Cultivators :cheer:

@Lil Merkaba Popped seeds, starting journal today
@Furcifer Replacement with Fedex is on the way
@Magnus8 Received seeds, starting journal in about two weeks when current grow is harvested
@XiwsX561 - Received seeds, starting journal as soon as AC work is completed

Status update on the last five GSC Comparative Grow Cultivators :cheer:

@Lil Merkaba Popped seeds, starting journal today
@Furcifer Replacement with Fedex is on the way
@Magnus8 Received seeds, starting journal in about two weeks when current grow is harvested
@XiwsX561 - Received seeds, starting journal as soon as AC work is completed
Ac is done wooot

I'm happy and relieved, knock on wood, my GSC are happy and healthy. :)

Here is one on day four.

IMG_78gt535.jpg

:ciao:

:yahoo: yippeeeeeee, Slammy has joined the party!! Can't believe how quickly they managed to get the replacements all the way down to Australia, so we are now locked and loaded for this run! :woohoo:

Just started my Comparative Journal , so we'll be popping some seeds and snapping some little baby plant pics very soon!!
IMG_20210517_194147.jpg

Back
Top Bottom