420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By CigNv

CigNv

I walked into the room thinking, hmmm Weed Seed Express, I have been wanting to try their genetics for a while. So hey why not, I will give this a go. Then I look around and was humbled to realize the caliber of growers present and continuing to flow in. It was then that I realized I am quite likely to embarrass myself and wondered what I got myself into.

Well, I am here now so might as well just go for it. I will be dropping all 12 beans received from Weed Seed Express.

The following will be my feeble attempt at a comparison grow

To start off I would like to thank @Weed Seeds Express and 420 Magazine for taking the time to put this together. I am humbled to be among the selected to take part in this opportunity.

My planned process:

Sprout in paper towel

Move to cups when tap roots emerge a bit

There will be one up pot from the cups to 5 gallon containers.

8 will go into my 4x8 under 4 TSL 2000 to flower out.

4 will likely go outside around the end of May.

I will top all at about the 7th node leaving about 4 nodes each.

As they veg I will remove a top or two here and there to help keep the tops even, or even an entire node if necessary.

About 1 week before flower I will lollipop them all and select at least 3 cuttings of each to attempt to clone. The ones destined for outdoors will likely be just left as is with only removing a few cuttings to attempt clones.

Clones will all be labeled so I know which came from each mother.

I will likely keep just one clone from each plant because of count limits. The rest will likely be given away to other growers in the area.

My favorite pheno or two will be selected which I will make an attempt to create feminized seeds from.

Likely to flower off all the remaining clones in a SOG style if they have not got too big yet or found a new home.

Soil will be used throughout. It is a basic mix of 2 parts organic potting soil and 1 part each of perlite and peat. Tap water with basic soluble fertilizer every watering then garden lime or Epsom salts added as needed.

Those are my basic plans and goals. I may or may not change them based on need, space, or whim.

20210403_200103.jpg

I walked into the room thinking, hmmm Weed Seed Express, I have been wanting to try their genetics for a while. So hey why not, I will give this a go. Then I look around and was humbled to realize the caliber of growers present and continuing to flow in. It was then that I realized I am quite likely to embarrass myself and wondered what I got myself into.

Well, I am here now so might as well just go for it. I will be dropping all 12 beans received from Weed Seed Express.

The following will be my feeble attempt at a comparison grow

To start off I would like to thank @Weed Seeds Express and 420 Magazine for taking the time to put this together. I am humbled to be among the selected to take part in this opportunity.

My planned process:

Sprout in paper towel

Move to cups when tap roots emerge a bit

There will be one up pot from the cups to 5 gallon containers.

8 will go into my 4x8 under 4 TSL 2000 to flower out.

4 will likely go outside around the end of May.

I will top all at about the 7th node leaving about 4 nodes each.

As they veg I will remove a top or two here and there to help keep the tops even, or even an entire node if necessary.

About 1 week before flower I will lollipop them all and select at least 3 cuttings of each to attempt to clone. The ones destined for outdoors will likely be just left as is with only removing a few cuttings to attempt clones.

Clones will all be labeled so I know which came from each mother.

I will likely keep just one clone from each plant because of count limits. The rest will likely be given away to other growers in the area.

My favorite pheno or two will be selected which I will make an attempt to create feminized seeds from.

Likely to flower off all the remaining clones in a SOG style if they have not got too big yet or found a new home.

Soil will be used throughout. It is a basic mix of 2 parts organic potting soil and 1 part each of perlite and peat. Tap water with basic soluble fertilizer every watering then garden lime or Epsom salts added as needed.

Those are my basic plans and goals. I may or may not change them based on need, space, or whim.

20210403_200103.jpg
Hey @CigNv glad to have you aboard the GSC grow.
I read your were worried about your grow. In my opinion you are as well qualified as anyone here to grow the GSC. We are all in this together and help and encourage each other along the way. I look forward to getting my seeds and popping beans with you. Its going to be a fun grow with all of us growing together. Be proud of your work and and we can encourage each other.
Bill

I wouldn't say worried, as much as well aware of the caliber of growers I will be watching grow this pheno along with me. I am sure me results will pale in comparison to most others, but still going to go at it 100% with my methods as I know it and likely going to learn many more I can deploy in the future! Looking forward to this so much!

Thanks and welcome aboard! Anyone can feel free to jump in anytime with whatever is on your mind.

Well, it was quite difficult to concentrate at work all day knowing I was going to drop these tonight. But after what seemed like an exceedingly long day and a delivery and chat with a patient I am finally here!

All 12 beans in paper towel. Nothing truly special in how I do this. I use a couple of clean leftover tub lids (in this case cottage cheese) and a half piece of paper towel completely soaked and folded to fit on the lid. I then let it drip out any excess but do not squeeze. I place the seeds in the middle and then cover with the second lid. I will keep this someplace at or above room temperature for about 48 hours. When they pop they go straight into the soil.

Let's grow!!

20210408_194056.jpg

I wouldn't say worried, as much as well aware of the caliber of growers I will be watching grow this pheno along with me. I am sure me results will pale in comparison to most others, but still going to go at it 100% with my methods as I know it and likely going to learn many more I can deploy in the future! Looking forward to this so much!
Those beans look beautiful, plump, and ready to become some gorgeous ladies. I'll be following along closely with the ones you choose to create feminized seeds. I'm planning on doing something similar. Grow some indoor and some outdoor!

Your statement above is really how I feel as well. I am humbled to have had a chance to get in on this. I'm stoked at the amount of wisdom I will be able to soak in. Your plan sounds great and far more in depth than my plan at this point. I guess the more experience we acquire, the more detailed or simplified our plans become.

Well, it was quite difficult to concentrate at work all day knowing I was going to drop these tonight.
I have been feeling this way for 2 weeks! It's about all I am thinking about lately. Haaa haaa

Bring on those tap roots ladies!

So true BA. Several incredibly talented and experienced growers on this one. I intent on reading through all of these journals and really enjoy watching how others are growing the same thing I am. Really looking forward to finding a few new tricks.

Back
Top Bottom