480W & 720W LED Grow - Land of Clovers

re: 480W & 720W Grow LED Hydro - Land Of Clovers

You guys gotta help me get Mike to develop a micro light or one that will fit in PC cases

Is there any ballpark estimate of yield yet? Or an amount set as a goal?

You guys gotta help me get Mike to develop a micro light or one that will fit in PC cases

Is there any ballpark estimate of yield yet? Or an amount set as a goal?

you should call him and see what he says? their seems to be allot of micro growers.

as far as yield not sure? their getting fatter and fatter everyday, should be pulled in 2 weeks.

talked to mike today .... he told me he is coming out with a 2011 spectra led veg light soon..that im guessing is going to be an all blue sprectrum...sounds fucking killer.. i wanna grab sum when they come out...hopefully i can get sum leds into my flower room in the near feature...irish your teasin me over here your jack looks killer.. how big around are the nugz would you say a quarter or 50 cent piece?

I second that. A small 80 or 120 watt would be nice. Something for a small veg/mother room.

Working on it as we speak. I think I can develop a small enough panel that will be able to veg and flower great for micro grows, but only for micro! lol. People better not start buying these and expect miracles and using them for normal or big trees!

I am also considering developing a light strictly for veg. I get emails asking me for veg/mother lights all the time and even though my full spectrum panels will do the job they are more geared to keeping nodes stacked and prevent a most of the stretching during veg and flower cycles, but it appears that a lot of people prefer the stretch during veg, not a lot of stretch just more comparable to what MH would do.

Now with that said and I do decide to develop a veg only panel id recommend using led panels that will equal about 30% less watts to the respective MH lamp. I have tested veg only led's in the past but I always preferred the full spectrum panels. Anyway its still an idea and to be honest I am still not convinced it will be worth it. Watt for watt I still believe my panels perform better over all the MH/HPS combined.

What do you guys think?

Working on it as we speak. I think I can develop a small enough panel that will be able to veg and flower great for micro grows, but only for micro! lol. People better not start buying these and expect miracles and using them for normal or big trees!

I also will be making a light strictly for veg. I get emails asking me for veg lights all the time and even though my full spectrum panels will do the job they are more geared to keeping nodes stacked and prevent a lot of the stretching during veg cycles, but it appears that a lot of people prefer the stretch during veg, not a lot of stretch just more comparable to what MH would do.

Now with that said and I do decide to develop a veg only panel id recommend using led panels that will the equal about 30% less watts to the respective MH lamp. I have tested veg only led's in the past but I always preferred the full spectrum panels. Anyway its still an idea and to be honest I am still not convinced it will be worth it. Watt for watt I still believe my panels perform better over all the MH/HPS combined.

What do you guys think?

if you have ratios of each spectrum say 2 red for every blue, this for every 3 of them, etc, what is the smallest light you could make with pretty symmetrical layout?

if you have ratios of each spectrum say 2 red for every blue, this for every 3 of them, etc, what is the smallest light you could make with pretty symmetrical layout?

I really dont know at this point, I do know that I would not want to make anything under 90w of power for a micro light, but really I dont know its hard to tell at this point. I am still going back and forth with the engineers on ideas then they have to be tested.

talked to mike today .... he told me he is coming out with a 2011 spectra led veg light soon..that im guessing is going to be an all blue sprectrum...sounds fucking killer.. i wanna grab sum when they come out...hopefully i can get sum leds into my flower room in the near feature...irish your teasin me over here your jack looks killer.. how big around are the nugz would you say a quarter or 50 cent piece?
sounds like something you could use, but i really dont see the point and rather have the option of a multi use one. i guess if the price was right then it would be cool. IDK my panels veg great for me.

their the size of a 50cent peace easy. rock hard solid. they are getting fatter and fatter every day. the way i did them didnt expect fat colas like ive done before, their basically 3.5' plants with chunky buds all the way up. at the end it will add up because of their size. ill hit 2-3+oz easy per plant i would say? not too many leaves just pure buds . the none LST plant will hurt my yeild because the LST ones kicked the shit out of it for sure no doubt. but should still pull 2+oz from here easy.

I am also considering developing a light strictly for veg. I get emails asking me for veg/mother lights all the time and even though my full spectrum panels will do the job they are more geared to keeping nodes stacked and prevent a most of the stretching during veg and flower cycles, but it appears that a lot of people prefer the stretch during veg, not a lot of stretch just more comparable to what MH would do.

Now with that said and I do decide to develop a veg only panel id recommend using led panels that will equal about 30% less watts to the respective MH lamp. I have tested veg only led's in the past but I always preferred the full spectrum panels. Anyway its still an idea and to be honest I am still not convinced it will be worth it. Watt for watt I still believe my panels perform better over all the MH/HPS combined.

What do you guys think?
i think ur panels now veg just fine.

going to buy you micro panel and grow a big ass tree with it! shit ill load them all around like X-mass lights on my plants.lol..

Personally, I love the stacked nodes and compact plants the full-spectrum panels produce.

They fit right in with my agenda of striving to grow plants that are mostly bud with a minimum of bare stem.

If I wanted to grow taller, lankier plants, I'd be interested in a panel that would produce more stretch, so I can see where some growers would want that.

If you get emails all the time asking about that, it sounds like there's enough interest to recoup your R&D if you make one.

Personally, I love the stacked nodes and compact plants the full-spectrum panels produce.

They fit right in with my agenda of striving to grow plants that are mostly bud with a minimum of bare stem.

If I wanted to grow taller, lankier plants, I'd be interested in a panel that would produce more stretch, so I can see where some growers would want that.

If you get emails all the time asking about that, it sounds like there's enough interest to recoup your R&D if you make one.

:amen:

Irish, I am also growing Jack now, BTW. Finishing up week 8 and will likely go another 10-14 days. Do you find Jack is nute hungry compared to other strains? What EC are you feeding?

Also how long did you veg and what will be the total flower time?

Trying to figure out a way to fairly compare LED lights. A typical light meter that measures in lumens is a waste of time since that is a measurement of human visible light. At least more vendors are following Mike's lead by posting actual current draw. Here's some geek reading:

Notes on LEDs

Irish, I am also growing Jack now, BTW. Finishing up week 8 and will likely go another 10-14 days. Do you find Jack is nute hungry compared to other strains? What EC are you feeding?

Also how long did you veg and what will be the total flower time?
vegged for around 3 weeks i think? flowering not sure? around 70 days maybe? i just go by when the trics turn the color i like.
they are very much pigs, but i dont check ec or anything, using organics
Trying to figure out a way to fairly compare LED lights. A typical light meter that measures in lumens is a waste of time since that is a measurement of human visible light. At least more vendors are following Mike's lead by posting actual current draw. Here's some geek reading:

Notes on LEDs
i here you, been thinking the same. nice post.

56 days flowering

100_4606.JPG
100_45931.JPG
100_4586.JPG
100_4591.JPG

Irish, they just keep looking more sexy every set of pictures.:hookah:

loving the development of a full spectrum micro light. I'll be needing about 12 of them.:smokin:

Irish, they just keep looking more sexy every set of pictures.:hookah:

loving the development of a full spectrum micro light. I'll be needing about 12 of them.:smokin:

thanks bro, some pretty tall girls.lol. 3.5' its nice that the arnt leafy plants so the buds are chunky all the way down, should add up nice for 100% organics

my plants are in 5 gallon smartpots and are starting flush this week and have heard a couple diff ideas but i would like to know what you think? ive heard if its five gallons you run twice that through so ten gallons of water for every plant?... now is this ten gallon flush all at one time or throughout the 2week flush process? and during flush do i give water every day or everyother day or what?

my plants are in 5 gallon smartpots and are starting flush this week and have heard a couple diff ideas but i would like to know what you think? ive heard if its five gallons you run twice that through so ten gallons of water for every plant?... now is this ten gallon flush all at one time or throughout the 2week flush process? and during flush do i give water every day or everyother day or what?

they say 2gal for every 1 gal pot size. so ya 10 gal per plant all at once.. but ive never done it that way, ive just gave them plain water for 1.5-2 weeks before harvest and just get a little run off each time. my buds have always been fine.

Back
Top Bottom