New City Grower 3.0 - Sponsored by Twilight Group Co. - Featuring the Spider9 COB LED

Re: New City Grower 3.0 - Sponsored by Twilight Group Co. - Featuring the Spider9 COB

Is there any downside to Fox-tailing other than a longer finishing time?

Re: New City Grower 3.0 - Sponsored by Twilight Group Co. - Featuring the Spider9 COB

I don't think so Broke Azz and on the one of mine that did it I honestly didn't think or at least noticed that it took any longer.... It just had curly cue buds coming out the top... It was the auto PE and it is real fluffy and I don't know if that has anything to do with it but I will say it was likely caused in my case cause where I grew her had all kinds of light leaks and it is where fella sits and smokes when he is home and I think it is caused by stress IMO.... and as I have said before it is my favorite day time smoke and is actually really good so I don't think it hurts the potency....:circle-of-love:

Foxtailing can also be caused by heat stress that makes the buds very skinny and fluffy by comparison to the same strain grown under proper conditions. Buds with Foxtailing tent to take much longer to trim at harvest.

The way I look at it is it's all extra bud at the end of the day & that can't be a bad thing :)

Unless it's stress related & they're fluffy :)

i just wanna say a big thanks to everyone that has explained fox tailing...it is not something that i have heard about before and all the info given on it is a great help....

Like others have said, it's harder to trim, but mostly it's an aesthetic thing for me. I don't like the way they look.

I'm sure environment or stress contributes, but I think a genetic predisposition to the trait has a much bigger influence on fox tails.

Fifi, Judge John, Skunny, and Hiker: Thanxx for all the input.

She received a feeding last night:

5ml of Cal/Mag added to 1gal of tap which was then adjusted to a PH level of 6.5

Happy Thurweed day Brotha :thumb:

Good morning weed BAR. One last girl in this test and she is looking pretty nice. Just a quick drive through to see how you are doing. I can see you are doing the things that need to be done. Happy Days my friend. :yummy::rollit::passitleft:

SMOKE REPORT​

IMG_20140818_5_6.jpg

SPIDER GIRL I
(Unknown Strain) Harvest on Feb 2

All I can say is I fluxed up again and failed to keep this strain going. It's my favorite rescue from under our Magic Tree to date. The first time I had this I gave it a 7.2 and gave it an 8 the second time. This time it's a strong 8.5 creeping close to a 9. I believe the SPIDER 9 made the difference. Below is the reports I previously gave this unknown strain in New City Grower 2.0

4th WAVE STREET GIRL (Unknown Strain) Harvest on Dec 9

Simply put this is a selective strain that I have no idea what it is. It's an exotic, psychedelic high. I believe it was the same weed as the Solo Cup Girl we harvested on Dec 4th. I gave that one a 7.2 but I'll go ahead and give this one an 8.
I won't smoke this one up quite as fast. I'm really debating on sharing a joint of it with one of those teenagers that roll their blunts in front of the Magic Tree to ask them what strain it is.

3rd WAVE STREET GIRL / Solo Cup Run (Unknown Strain) Harvest on Dec 4

She rolls in at a 7.2 The reason why I give her such a high rating is because she has this psychedelic type of high I haven't experienced since back in the early 80's. I don't even remember what it was I smoked so I can't identify the strain. I only took 3 good hits of the joint but we have to take into account that it's my wake & bake for today.
The aroma is a mild flowery scent yet the taste is much lighter. She's smokes as smooth as a baby's bottom side; so clean I can actually taste the RAW hemp paper.
I might start drying whole plants, trunk & all like we did with this one because of it's size. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but this is by far our smoothest cure.

I really wish we could grow this again. We'll have to take clones of every STREET GIRL still in veg starting today.

Yea Broke Ass..:high-five: I just gave Queenie a strong 8 too... Wish we could pass them both around...:passitleft:....:circle-of-love:
:passitleft: We will soon.

I don't know where you said it and I am not gonna look back... yes! clone every unknown plant!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know where you said it and I am not gonna look back... yes! clone every unknown plant!!!!!!!!!!
Thanxx for the reminder Buck.

SPIDER 9 UPDATE​
Feb 22, 2015​

CRITICAL SENSI STAR
(Feminized) Day 103 / Day 48 under 12/12

This morning she received a feeding of:

5ml of Cal/Mag added to 1gal of tap which was then adjusted to a PH level of 6.5

I'm noticing a lot of the plants under the SPIDER 9 are finishing with a hint of purple; which I don't mind. It looks attractive.

IMG_00009662.jpg

IMG_00009683.jpg

IMG_00009693.jpg

IMG_00009706.jpg

I doubt that Professor Flux. But with the SPIDER 9 along with stepping up the attention I've been paying to detail and the help of all of you; especially KJC, I do feel good about this round.

Back
Top Bottom