New City Grower 3.0 - Sponsored by Twilight Group Co. - Featuring the Spider9 COB LED

Re: New City Grower 3.0 - Sponsored by Twilight Group Co. - Featuring the Spider9 COB

What freaks me out B is how buds seem to be sprouting out of the buds. Never had a plant explode like this.

IMG_00009048.jpg

IMG_00009149.jpg

Ohhhhh, that one is sweet! :circle-of-love:

I've only had a couple that developed those knobby distorted tops - love 'em! Thick, crunchy, gritty ... yum!

Re: New City Grower 3.0 - Sponsored by Twilight Group Co. - Featuring the Spider9 COB

Hello Reg:ciao:Congratzz on the harvest ,, looks like the Spider group is really doing its stuff:thumb:
Do you grow up with only LED lighting now or do you start seedlings with CFLs I need to ask this to The King as well :ganjamon:
Hope all is great for you I think the Spimpster is back:high-five:

I use Florescent lights when I germinate seeds and have not previously used a LED light panel with seedlings. In an upcoming Grow Journal and Review I hope to use a LED light panel from the time I take cuttings to root as clones and follow development until harvest.

Hello Reg:ciao:Congratzz on the harvest ,, looks like the Spider group is really doing its stuff:thumb:
Do you grow up with only LED lighting now or do you start seedlings with CFLs I need to ask this to The King as well :ganjamon:
Hope all is great for you I think the Spimpster is back:high-five:

Hi jaga. I'm certainly no Reg or KJC but before I started this grow I read around and found people seemed to have one or two issues with seedlings under LEDs. Therefore to be safe I had my three girls under CFLs for the first few weeks. Seemed to do the job.

Girl looks awesome reg. Careful, cause my PC started growing more bud on its buds and she went from 8 week flower to 18 week long flower. She'll be close to 6 ounces dry, but not worth the wait probably. Can't wait to see what she does for you man

What freaks me out B is how buds seem to be sprouting out of the buds. Never had a plant explode like this.

IMG_00009048.jpg

IMG_00009149.jpg

Is it like foxtailing?

no that's not foxtailing you can tell foxtailing

Looks like fox tails to me. Some strains do that more than others. Environment can also affect it. I have one strain with that tendancy. This round it looks a little more like yours than the long narrow tails it's exhibited in the past.

chh, you don't think this is just some 'short' version of fox tailing?

I use Florescent lights when I germinate seeds and have not previously used a LED light panel with seedlings. In an upcoming Grow Journal and Review I hope to use a LED light panel from the time I take cuttings to root as clones and follow development until harvest.

Heck that was a quick response :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thank you Maharaja I will certainly be starting with a warm white light of some sort. I started with LED,s last time but also had warm whites for a long period
would you think though it would be just as good with only the Cfls an start the LEDs after how long a few weeks??:thanks:

Hi jaga. I'm certainly no Reg or KJC but before I started this grow I read around and found people seemed to have one or two issues with seedlings under LEDs. Therefore to be safe I had my three girls under CFLs for the first few weeks. Seemed to do the job.

Thank you mr Teddy I appreciate that:thumb:

IMG_00009048.jpg

IMG_00009149.jpg

Great Looking Brotha BAR that's how buds get big some get bigger than others might be strain dependent
id never had a sativa do that

My Critical Jack Herrer is Sativa Dom at 80/20 and it did this same thing.........looks pretty but is kind of a pain in the ass to trim:)

Is it like foxtailing?

no that's not foxtailing you can tell foxtailing

I thought the same thing with mine Skunny....that is was foxtailing:).....So Chronic....how do you tell the difference between the two?:).....i dont know much about foxtaling anyhow:)

Happy Daze Reg....all is looking beautiful my friend:)

On the clones and seedlings under led.....i have used led for all of my clones or seedlings once taken out of the aerogarden....which is normally about a week from seed......they live the rest of thier lives under led.....now i keep them about 36 inches away depending on what it is....clones that far...and seedlings maybe 24 inches.....this is under a 144 x 3 top led reflector with both bloom and grow switches on:).....the only girl i ever had a problem with was LB's...my wives...cotton candy did not like led as a seedling so with Skunny's suggestion of putting her under flourescent it only took a couple days for her to rebound...but that is one out of a lot:)....just my own experience:)

I've only had foxtailing happen once & there were extra calyxes growing on top of the existing bud. They were longer than the ones on Reggies plant & mine was at the end of flower. That's as much as I know on the subject :)

Hello Jaga. I use a crap load of CFLS, a few mini LED spotlights, & two T5s on a DIY light fixture for seedlings.

IMG_00006599.jpg

Girl looks awesome reg. Careful, cause my PC started growing more bud on its buds and she went from 8 week flower to 18 week long flower. She'll be close to 6 ounces dry, but not worth the wait probably. Can't wait to see what she does for you man
Thanxx for the heads up Peyton. Not too concerned with time limits; I grow for self-indulgence.

So is she fox-tailing or not and does anyone care to give a full description of fox-tailing?

ok lemme go search I had a plant with definite foxtailing

this ones starting to foxtail I think I can find one more defined

DSC016098.JPG

this is still a minor pic of foxtailing im still going through my gallery
I got something somewhere that is definite and no mistaking or foxtailing

DSC020342.JPG

more foxtailing and still looking

DSC020574.JPG

still not the pic im ;looking for but more examples

DSC032743.JPG

ok I give up looking for that medi bomb 2 pics :rofl:
too much damn pics to go through in my gallery but
you see how the buds is at the top of the main bud imagine it a bit longer the reason why they call
it foxtailing is cause it resembles a fox tail when its a bit longer
it stays thin like that but longer

Heck that was a quick response :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thank you Maharaja I will certainly be starting with a warm white light of some sort. I started with LED,s last time but also had warm whites for a long period
would you think though it would be just as good with only the Cfls an start the LEDs after how long a few weeks??:thanks:

I would use cool white Compact Florescent Light for vegetative growth if you do decide to use the Compact Florescent Light bulbs and not germinate seeds under the LED light panel. I have seen other people successfully germinate seeds under LED light panels. If you do decide to germinate your seeds under Compact Florescent Lights when your seedlings are 4"-5" tall I would place the seedlings under the LED light panels.

Foxtailing is when the buds create new growth projections with new pistils and calyxes that grow outward from the buds and appear like fox tails.

I still think the picture looks like the bud is starting to fox tail. Sure, they aren't long yet, but if you let it keep growing, they will get there. :winkyface:

Back
Top Bottom