Yeatster's Grow Box Journal - Jack Herer Auto - LED - 2016

Hi Yeats,

LOVE the look of your girls. They're definitely my style!

When I dried mine I cut a few holes in the box and they dried too fast. Will your fan be powered? I had to close off many of my vents. My 3.25OZ plants dried in 3-5 days. The first 2 went into cure at 56% humidity...too low. The last 2 went in at 70% and it was perfect. The cure on those 2 is going very well.

CURING2.JPG

P21900291.JPG

Yeah, Schtiggs, the fan is connected to a 12 volt. The intake is a very thin hole, a couple inches long. I plan on putting it in the basement, where it stays a bit cooler and a tad more RH.
I also have a Caliber IV Digital Hygrometer/Thermometer, I bought for curing. I will put that in the box to judge the speed of drying.

I just finished drying a couple grams (dried) by placing it on a cooling rack and covering with an inverted bowl. After 3 days it was great.
You think the pc fan as an exhaust will be dry too quickly?

Still not wicked stoney, but a perfect day time smoke.

Edit: I also have some Boveda 62% coming by the end of the week.

When I saw a chance to get free/$54 shipping LED, I took it. Who couldn't use more light. :)

After emailing Jason @twilightgroup, it was shipped out the day I sent the shipping cost.
Jason was extremely helpful and answered all my questions within 24 hrs.
It is an older model 165w (3x55).
My initial, inexperienced, thoughts are, this light is, at least, equivalent to a similar light ( I can't name the brand) but it's a P150, I paid $229 + $50 shipping.
I haven't had the chance to set t up yet. I just wanted to thank Jason, twilightgroup, and 420, for the sweet promos.

As soon as I have it set up I will start a new grow journal, which will include this light in my DIY box, until I get another tent. Also, my main grow area, 4x4, 300w LED.

I have 7 autos in the tent right now.
Durban Poison, day 33
Great White Shark, day 31
AutoMazar, day 28
AutoBluberry, day 28
Polar Light #2, day 27
Jack Herer, day 63

In the box, no light, is 2 Jack herer, day 89.

Yeah, Schtiggs, the fan is connected to a 12 volt. The intake is a very thin hole, a couple inches long. I plan on putting it in the basement, where it stays a bit cooler and a tad more RH.
I also have a Caliber IV Digital Hygrometer/Thermometer, I bought for curing. I will put that in the box to judge the speed of drying.

I just finished drying a couple grams (dried) by placing it on a cooling rack and covering with an inverted bowl. After 3 days it was great.
You think the pc fan as an exhaust will be dry too quickly?

Still not wicked stoney, but a perfect day time smoke.

Edit: I also have some Boveda 62% coming by the end of the week.

If you have the Boveda coming I think you should be fine. I am going to order some of them as well. They seem to make the cure foolproof :)

Boveda 62% work like mahjeek!

I use them every cure. Just throw a few small ones in a gallon jar with some properly dried herb, and watch your buds cure to perfection. I can't say enough good about those little humidipacks. They actually work BOTH WAYS (dehumidifying as well as humidifying)! So no matter on which side of 62% you are when jarring, they'll get you there. Just be sure that you have enough of them for your curing vessel.

I have a little hygrometer meter in a pint size jar with around a ounce of curing bud. My rh in the jar I dropped consistently from 60% down to 57%. I have 2 little boveda packs in the jar it the bud& meter. Shouldn't it be raising some ?

Hygrometer meter? :rofl: Relative humidity meter meter. HAHA! That's like PIN number, VIN number, and ATM machine.

Seriously though... if your hygrometer was calibrated correctly, it will register 62%. I got a 6-pack of hygrometers, and had to calibrate them ALL before they would register correctly. There is a salt/water method you can use to calibrate them. Just g@@gle it.

For drying purposes only? I am assuming the dry will be slower with more stem/more water content. I plan on trimming before cure. What would the downfall to more stem be, at this point?

OOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhh... My addled brain.

Yeah, for hanging, that's pretty. Plus it gives something to "snap" to check if they can come down. Sorry.
:thumb:

Just be sure to cut stems before final jarred weight, lol. :rofl:

OOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhh... My addled brain.

Yeah, for hanging, that's pretty. Plus it gives something to "snap" to check if they can come down. Sorry.
:thumb:

Just be sure to cut stems before final jarred weight, lol. :rofl:

Thanks.
I got them hanging in a box with a pc fan exhausting, and small passive intake, for air movement. Temp/RH in box is 60°/55%. Maybe a tad cooler than I'd like but it's in the basement. The only place I can control humidity. I have a humidifier down there all year.
I think after a couple days I will bring it upstairs where temps are better but RH is pretty low.
Sound like a plan? Flaws in my logic?

Thanks alot jandre
Peace

Thanks.
I got them hanging in a box with a pc fan exhausting, and small passive intake, for air movement. Temp/RH in box is 60°/55%. Maybe a tad cooler than I'd like but it's in the basement. The only place I can control humidity. I have a humidifier down there all year.
I think after a couple days I will bring it upstairs where temps are better but RH is pretty low.
Sound like a plan? Flaws in my logic?

Thanks alot jandre
Peace

You'll have about a week at 60°/55%, then another day or so upstairs till they snap. Or, you could put them in a closet upstairs and open the door 2-3 times a day just to check on them. Might lower that to 4 days to snap overall. Higher temps with lower RH would be a faster dry. Either way, you're going to have about a month of burping jars for the cure.

Hey Yeatster! How did the drying go? Any smoke report?
Do you have more plants going?

Just checking on ya. :circle-of-love:

I haven't really had the time to be in here like I wanted to.
Thank you Canna, and everyine else who helped me get started in this. I will not be slowing down anytime soon, although I wwont be here very often.

Btw Canna, I absolutely love the Durban Poson you suggested.
20160511_111505.jpg

Back
Top Bottom