Yeatster's Grow Box Journal - Jack Herer Auto - LED - 2016

Wow, she's so heavenly collosal!

This picture takes me back a couple pages, when we were layin the sick beats down and spittin lyrical orgasms.

What were the key factors in your harvest time? Why would heavy nutes and a flush extend her life? Did you go by trichome production/colors? And of course, how much did you pull off her in weight?

This one took a while to start preflower....about 6 weeks. I topped and tucked and light LST. At about 3 weeks into flower, and looking like she only had 3 or 4 weeks left, I switched nutes. I went from Fox Farms direct to Advanced Nutrients sensi bloom with only a 3 gallon flush in a 3 gallon pot before making the switch. I did this figuring I could use Big Bud and Overdrive to boost the yield. I started out with an amount of AN so small I almost couldn't measure it. Within 2 days all her tips were burnt to a crisp. Over the next week or so, she just fell flat on her face. I flushed her twice but still ended up removing about 60% of her leaves. It took a couple of weeks to recover. She went from drinking about 1/2 gallon every 2 days to a 1/2 gallon every 4 days so I knew I must have Fkd her up good.
She came back, but this one was my baby. she was planted 2 weeks after the others and I did not make a single mistake on her until this heinous error in judgment.
From her I pulled 3 1/4 oz dry weight. She is in cure now.
I harvested one of these Jacks at 77 days, one at 91days, and one at 104 days. By Far the best one is the day 77.

I did look at the trichs, but to be honest I don't know if that is a method that works for me. I have a loupe and a pocket microscope and it is still hard to tell. The leave trichs seem to change at a drastically different rate. The leaves were 90%amber trichs but the calyxes and everything directly on the bud was maybe 10%.
I wanted to harvest these with about 2 weeks between plants to see the difference. I did that, but not quite as planned.

Also, just like the other 3, she was pollinated by the Jack Hermie in the tent. Got me a nice pile of seed comin from her too.

Im trying. The only Jack Herer auto I have seen grown is rtk's. If that harvest is what I have to live up to I'm scewed!
I think I'll come close with the up and comings though.

Look out rtk and bizzle, I'm coming for ya. Haha

Peace

Glad to hear it Yeatster. I'm reasonably happy with our first Jack H auto, she's a greeeeezy frosty gurl for sure.

I did look at the trichs, but to be honest I don't know if that is a method that works for me. I have a loupe and a pocket microscope and it is still hard to tell. The leave trichs seem to change at a drastically different rate. The leaves were 90%amber trichs but the calyxes and everything directly on the bud was maybe 10%.

I've the same opinion, I've likened it to picking up a couple grains of sand and deciding off that if you like the beach or not.

Glad to hear it Yeatster. I'm reasonably happy with our first Jack H auto, she's a greeeeezy frosty gurl for sure.

Excellent analogy, and one I complete agree with. My wife actually takes some of each of the "types" of buds off the plants (like popcorn, top cola, and middle buds) and breaks them up together, 1/4oz at a time so everything is pretty well averaged out and most bowls will smoke the same.

I've the same opinion, I've likened it to picking up a couple grains of sand and deciding off that if you like the beach or not.

Excellent analogy, and one I complete agree with. My wife actually takes some of each of the "types" of buds off the plants (like popcorn, top cola, and middle buds) and breaks them up together, 1/4oz at a time so everything is pretty well averaged out and most bowls will smoke the same.

Hi Yeats,

Thought you might get a kick out of this view of the other end of the spectrum. This is one of my Jack's Revolver. She looks cold, like she needs a robe.
She is only about 7" tall but she has attitude so I'm gonna put her through college :) :) I started her on AN Sensi bloom and big bud yesterday.
She turned 38 today...which means cake and ice cream

P33100041.JPG

Hi Yeats,

Thought you might get a kick out of this view of the other end of the spectrum. This is one of my Jack's Revolver. She looks cold, like she needs a robe.
She is only about 7" tall but she has attitude so I'm gonna put her through college :) :) I started her on AN Sensi bloom and big bud yesterday.
She turned 38 today...which means cake and ice cream

P33100041.JPG

She's definitely got character Schtiggy.
Personally, I prefer girls with a little abnormality, a lazy eye, midget, a limp, hunchback...

She's definitely got character Schtiggy.
Personally, I prefer girls with a little abnormality, a lazy eye, midget, a limp, hunchback...

The other girl from this batch was a real keeper. She knew she could do better than me so she took her Scoliosis and Dead Tooth to someone else's grow room :) All good though, let's see how he does with her Goiter. I really enjoy our talks :)

They look very healthy so a light defol probably won't hurt. I defol'd mine multiple times and still did well. When I did it this late in the grow, I took only the largest, lower leaves from the outside, but removed many between the "towers" (the inside leaves). This let a good bit more light down the center and allowed better ventilation.
You would probably be just fine to leave them alone too. I would also wait for other responses as I am still living in the suburbs of noobtown.

They look very healthy so a light defol probably won't hurt. I defol'd mine multiple times and still did well. When I did it this late in the grow, I took only the largest, lower leaves from the outside, but removed many between the "towers" (the inside leaves). This let a good bit more light down the center and allowed better ventilation.
You would probably be just fine to leave them alone too. I would also wait for other responses as I am still living in the suburbs of noobtown.

Well, if your in the suburbs, Im still sleeping under the bridge with a bottle of Strawberry Hill, Boones Farm.
I am thinking they could use a trim, like you say.
I dropped the question over on beasts thread. Hopefully he will confirm.

Peace

Well, if your in the suburbs, Im still sleeping under the bridge with a bottle of Strawberry Hill, Boones Farm.
I am thinking they could use a trim, like you say.
I dropped the question over on beasts thread. Hopefully he will confirm.

Peace

Ah, Yes - Boones Farm....spent many a night passed out in the barn. Also been severely bitten the resident Mad Dog, if my vision was 20 20 I'd have seen it coming.

I would defol yes yeatster, that will allow ventilation & more light to lower buds so you don't have larfy airy buds. And fatten up the nugs that are already decent size. As far as the how far you are from harvest, I'd say 3-4 weeks. I don't see any white pistils maturing into red/brown pistils anywhere on your nugs. Their still growing and fattening up my friend !

Yeaster defo defol mate will let light into the shadowd buds but more importantly u want good airflow around the buds to prevent bud rott.and judging by pics mate id say there still fuzzing like crazy id go another 2 weeks then ahould be proper bud then begin ur flush for 2 week then chop.so about 4 weeks left i say.and big buds to come good job;)

Back
Top Bottom