6 oz a plant possible?

Autofacade

Hello all! Heres a question for you all is it possible to get 6oz off each plant, 10 in total out of a tent size 2.4m x 1.2m?

If so how? Techniques, vegging time etc???

So far I have 10 plants with 5weeks veg so far that I have topped twice and will be trellised + super crop.

Anything else I can do?

more veg time, larger containers, topping over and over again, great lights... yes it is definitely possible to get 6 oz plants... I had 3 of them closer to 8 oz apiece, in my last run... in a 2x4 tent in 10gal containers. I suspect you will get a little closer to your goal each time you try it. I won't achieve more than about 5 oz apiece on this run, simply because I am running in 5 gallon containers... the more roots, the more fruits.

also, check out what I am doing using tomato cages instead of a trellis.... It has turned out that this is a very easy method to manage these plants, and the plants remain able to be moved around for watering and light distribution, and the tomato cage opening up wider at the top is just what we need to manage the canopy, hold up the plant, and spread open the middle for better light penetration.

Sounds very good to me. Considering I am in 15gal pots have fimmed lst and topped a second time sounds like if all goes well I am onto a winner. I'm just wandering weather that floor space will hold that amount of bud kinda thing. We will see!

Possible? anything is. Probable is another thing, and nobody can give you magic advice that will guarantee certain numbers/results. Like Chris said growing skill will matter a ton along with all the other variables (environment, strain, lights, medium, etc...). IMHO lofty expectations can lead to major disappointment. How much have you got off of one plant before? I'm happy when I hit more than I previously hit on a run before (be it last run or one prior to that). Personally in 3 years of growing I haven't hit 6 zips in one plant yet, not even on my outdoor ones. Not saying totally impossible, but 60 oz in a 4' x 8" tent I think one might be battling bud rot as having decent air flow around that many plants (and you didn't state how tall your tent is or what kind of lights as some limit plant height more than others).

Possible? anything is. Probable is another thing, and nobody can give you magic advice that will guarantee certain numbers/results. Like Chris said growing skill will matter a ton along with all the other variables (environment, strain, lights, medium, etc...). IMHO lofty expectations can lead to major disappointment. How much have you got off of one plant before? I'm happy when I hit more than I previously hit on a run before (be it last run or one prior to that). Personally in 3 years of growing I haven't hit 6 zips in one plant yet, not even on my outdoor ones. Not saying totally impossible, but 60 oz in a 4' x 8" tent I think one might be battling bud rot as having decent air flow around that many plants (and you didn't state how tall your tent is or what kind of lights as some limit plant height more than others).
This is very true I'm just being very vague and asking if it's possible or am I thinking well off out the picture. Not much else really and I totally understand experience places a large part in it.

It was more of a question of possibility. A real rough ask. Thanks for your feedback we will see what happens :D

But for the record tent is 2m tall
I have a dehumidifier
C02 booster
A fat ass extraction and inlet system
2x 600w hps with boost.
56ltr/15gal pots living soil (ish)
Fimmed then topped and will be bent/super cropped into a trellis style. And pruned throughout.
Looking at 8 weeks veg total
1 week adjustment period
8-10weeks flower.

In that space with two 600s you’re asking if it’s possible to achieve nearly 1.5 grams per watt. Possible? Yes theoretically. Average for a good grow is about half that though.
I’ve never gotten much past 1 gram per watt of good bud using the same lights over roughly the same amount of space. Not sure if I know anyone else who has either. No matter what you do there’s only so much room for bud.
The 6 oz per plant thing is easy enough- but exceedingly difficult to squash in so many of them.

50 gallon RDWC using Gen Hyro trio. Rapidstart, humic acid Aptus Facilitor Silica. A ton of air. With a linear air pump for 2 17 gallon pots 12 inch defusers.

The two plants are both Lemon Skunk from DNA, but grew completely different. One with basebat bat colas the other with a bunch of 8 inch buds in little pagodas. The plant in the right did a bit over 16oz. The plant on the left did almost 11 ounces.

2 month veg. Black Dog lights with a CMH in the middle. Grown in a shed in Southern Cal.

Hello all! Heres a question for you all is it possible to get 6oz off each plant, 10 in total out of a tent size 2.4m x 1.2m?

So far I have 10 plants with 5weeks veg so far that I have topped twice and will be trellised + super crop.

Anything else I can do?
What kind of lights? You have a lot of plants. You'll probably need more lights so there is a regular distance to the plants. If I were you I would scrog them and send them to flower immediately. It's not too late to scrog, I can help you. You have a lot of plants for the area. Unless you live in a desert you will have humidity issues. They are in dirt,? What sort of nutes. If your plant resists mold that will help. Without knowing where you live, what you have to work with, the condition are the plants presently

Anything else I can do?

Hey @Autofacade - it sounds like you have a lot of great hardware here!

If light might be a limiting factor, you can always reach out to @SmokeSara (Mars Hydro) or @Budget LED here to bump up your PAR/PPSD.

Keep in touch!

I think the least I've ever gotten on a photo-period is 6.7oz.
My average is 8.6oz per plant using Blurple.
But I only grow two plants, I veg for 8 weeks and I am in 25 gallon fabric pots.
I hope to up my average now that I have better lights.
My goal is to average 10 oz per plant.

Big pots
Good even lighting of 700-900 PAR
Use a SCROG and LST

You might need an extra light.
No reason you cant average 6oz.

I think the least I've ever gotten on a photo-period is 6.7oz.
My average is 8.6oz per plant using Blurple.
But I only grow two plants, I veg for 8 weeks and I am in 25 gallon fabric pots.
I hope to up my average now that I have better lights.
My goal is to average 10 oz per plant.

Big pots
Good even lighting of 700-900 PAR
Use a SCROG and LST

You might need an extra light.
No reason you cant average 6oz.
:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom