Aberration Goes Ker Bloom! - Perpetual

what an amazing machine, makes hash making a lot easier and the way it does it surely would improve the amount of trichs you get wont it, looks a good thing to have, do they cost much, not thinking about buying one just yet but just wondered how much they cost

It is very cool. It's not all lazing about - there is still a good bit of work involved and time to dry. But compared to using even the agitator with regular bubble bags this is much easier. It was $500 plus $130 shipping plus $40 agent fee (whatever that is) if I remember correctly.

yea that shit is cool
of course i dont have a huge grow to justify buying something like that but its some cool shit to have for hashmaking

It's kinda hard to justify, true. But you can make a lot of hash from a plant. I grow mine about 4' tall at bloom and I get a pound of frozen trim per plant. Welcome back.

Doesn't get much better than this Aberration, Your the man!

:peace: to the patients,
cocoJoe

Thanks CocoJoe. I do like hash. Welcome back, it's been a while.

---

Today I transplanted all eight small plants in veg to 5" pots so they would last two days between watering again. Everyone else got plain water with myco, B. thuringiensis var. israelensis, B. subtilis, and Hygrozyme.

I also dumped another tray of clones on the floor today. Doh! I have got to build shelves for those. The tray had 19 rooted girls in good health: 2 Super Lemon Haze, 9 Blue Dream, and 8 Cheese. Or was it 8 Blue Dream and 9 Cheese? It was one or the other. Now 3 are dead (severed at the surface) and the remaining 16 are hopelessly jumbled. Sigh. I'll have to bloom them to see what they are. Gah! The good news is I don't need any of them to continue those strains - I have other examples to clone from. So I'll probably give these away, with the warning that they are unknowns of course.

So it was a good day, really.

:peace:

not sure whats going on but it wont let me go to page 140, when i click on it it takes me back to this page, hopefully this msg will take me their if not ill update it and let you know

no good mate, keeps taking me back to page 139, wonder if thats the highest page number, ll check back in a while and see if it has changed, can everyone else get on page 140 of this journal, it puts my post at the bottom of page 139 but it says last page is 140, seems a bit strange it wont let me go onto that page

I'm not sure why it was doing that but I bet it works fine now. It was showing 140 as the last page but there weren't 15 posts on page 139 until your second post on the matter. It looks like it was mistakenly thinking there were 140 pages when there were not. This post seems to have finally got us there. Weird.

Edit: It looks like there may be a db issue. Up above, right nuder the links to other pages, it says "Results 2,086 to 2,089 of 2089" but there are only 2086 posts, which means it thinks there are another three somehow. I'll query a moderator about it.

yep id sure ask them in case it becomes a problem, tesmp lost his whole journal and had to start again so id get onto it before you get any problems like that, its now put me on page 140 so looks like its working, but i looked at the numbers you gave and it does say its different, could it possibly be if a post has been edited

I already got an answer. 420 is so efficient.

This is a Firefox issue, try Internet Explorer, Chrome or something else.

This is surprising as I have been using Firefox all along without this issue. It is also a shame, since the best way to go anonymous easily (Tor bundle) is Firefox-only.

But it is what it is. I can accept it.

I will continue to use Firefox myself, because security is more important than a minor glitch I can ignore, and also because it's a good lesson in being content with having what I need, even if it's not what I want.

Hey there Abe! Sounds like everything is flowing along nicely in your garden :thumb:
I did not having any page glitch issues, just so you know.
Can't wait for the chop photos.

:peace: and to a huge harvest for you :high-five:

Everything seems fine now for me too. No worries, I guess.

----------

Story Time

Today would normally be a feed night, but they all need another day. Instead, I decided to pull bud leaves from the three plants that are being harvested over the next week and a half and check trichomes. First, is the BigBud x BlueMagoo that is coming out this weekend:

20120524Aber-01.jpg

Looks great to me. Next are the two plants that come out next weekend. First, is White Widow:

20120524Aber-02.jpg

Also looking good. The second plant that comes out next weekend is Grape Kool-Aid:

20120524Aber-03.jpg

She's a beauty too.

While I was taking a leaf from the White Widow I noticed that there were some dead leaves on a large top cola. So after putting the leaves under the microscope I went back to pluck the dead matter.

White Widow has grown admirably. She's only about 34" tall, much shorter than the other mature bloomers, but she makes up for it by being covered in bud top to bottom:

20120524Aber-04.jpg

20120524Aber-05.jpg

20120524Aber-06.jpg

It's hard to even capture the amount of bud. Have you figured out where this story is going yet?

So when I plucked one of the dead leaves, a bud 3/4" in diameter came with it:

20120524Aber-07.jpg

Ewww!

When i turned it around I saw this on the other side:

20120524Aber-08.jpg

Yuck! Bud rot. :(

I stared digging around and it was all through there. I tried to cut it out and there was more:

20120524Aber-09.jpg

It's OK though. I cut down another inch and I seem to have found all the rot and removed it. I dipped the scissors in alcohol and air dried them after every cut so that I wouldn't spread it. The look of the dead leaves was pretty distinctive, so I carefully surveyed the whole plant for more such death. I also peeked inside the large colas that remain. I found no more rot. I put a 12" oscillating fan about 2' in front of it, sweeping back and forth across it. I also lowered the setting on the dehumidifier to try to dry the room more. I might want a second dehumidifier in there too, but I can't afford one right now, so this one will have to solo it.

Let's hope that's the end of that. In any case, it's the end of my story.

The moral of the story is: Lack of proper air circulation in large buds traps moisture, which can lead to damage and uck - keep the air moving and keep the dehumidifier humming.

Namaste.

Ahhh Abe, so sorry about the bud rot man. I am sure glad it wasn't to extensive and you have it under control, good luck!

Have a great memorial weekend!

soz to hear about the bud rot mate, not nice, if its not to bad on the rest it can be smoked as long as you aint got no lung complaints, but personally i would throw it out or give it aways to anyone wanting to take a risk, but it seems it was only in the 1 bud so looks like you caught in in time before it got out of hand, you wont really know till its chopped down but im sure you would of seen more if their was more, have you had a good look using magnifying glass just to double check.

have you got any ideas how it started, bad air flow to that part of the plant or humidity to high, im just asking so i can try and prevent the same happening to mine as im in a 3ft by 3ft room so hoping i dont get any, but im in summer here now and its damn hot, so grow door is open and i got big fan blowing on the plants, no little 12v fan would do the job, temps would go through the roof if the 12inch fan was switched off, so im hoping the fan will prevent any bud rot issues, is their any else i can do to prevent it.

amazing pics though mate,
sorry to ask here, but i posted a link to another journal on mine, the grower has got 1 plant and he is having huge problems with it, i gave him what advice i could, so can anyone with more knowledge check my journal and click the link to his grow, theirs an sos msg next to the post, then the link below, should be on the last page of my journal, he had problems from day one using mg soil, so he changed soil now the plant looks ill, really going yellow and stuff, he was over watering at first so i told him to cut back, then he never watered since sat as the compost was still wet a couple of inches down so i told him to give it a small cup of water, looks like lack of nute but its to early i think for that, im hoping it was damaged roots and transplanting has shocked it a bit, but im just trying to give him the best advice i can do, dont worry if you aint got time, just thought id ask some more experienced growers

Thank you all for your kind words. It'll be OK. There is scads of bud on the plant and it seems healthy. It comes down next weekend now.

The BigBud x BlueMagoo I intended to harvest today may actually be Blue Dream. Oops. BBX goes 8 weeks, BD goes 10. The tops were definitely done, so we just took the tops and put her back into bloom. The rest will go as long as it continues to get better. Maybe another 3 weeks. We'll see.

I hit everyone with beneficials, and took a few new clones: Blue Dream and Cheese.

Hey Abe! Hope all is well around your garden. I sure hope you didn't find any more of that dreaded bud rot.
Really just swinging through to see how you are doing.

:peace: brotha!

Nah. It looks like the bud rot is gone. We'll know for sure when it's harvested, but right now it looks great. In fact, I took pictures.

Here's an overview of bloom from the entrance. Starting on the left, we have an Arjan's Haze #1 in the foreground with a Tangerine dream behind:

20120602Aber-01.jpg

One row to the right is the BBX/Blue Dream/??? half harvested in the front, with Grape Kool-Aid in back all purpley:

20120602Aber-02.jpg

Another row to the right is the younger Super Lemon Haze in front, and the older SLH behind her:

20120602Aber-03.jpg

The final rightmost row has the White Widow in the front and a couple short "lavender" indica girls behind:

20120602Aber-04.jpg

A wide shot. I can't back up far enough:

20120602Aber-05.jpg

So let's start with the Arjan's Haze #1. She is growing strong and healthy. She is far greener than the other sativa doms in there. The bud smells divine, looks great and feels dense. If the buzz is nice I'll probably keep this strain around for a while:

20120602Aber-06.jpg

20120602Aber-07.jpg

20120602Aber-08.jpg

20120602Aber-09.jpg

20120602Aber-10.jpg

Next is the Tangerine Dream. She's losing all her leaves again. At least this time her nugs feel a tad more dense. I'll play with her again later as I don't have any clones, just seeds:

20120602Aber-11.jpg

20120602Aber-12.jpg

20120602Aber-13.jpg

20120602Aber-14.jpg

Here's the remnants of the half harvested girl. We think she's really Blue Dream, even though I thought she was a BigBud x BlueMagoo:

20120602Aber-15.jpg

20120602Aber-16.jpg

The Grape Kool-Aid is just as nice as last time. I'm really warming up to her:

20120602Aber-17.jpg

20120602Aber-18.jpg

20120602Aber-19.jpg

Here's the older Super Lemon Haze. I seemed to have skipped over the younger one, but then there's not much to see there yet. This older one is almost ready to rock. She's a lot of work to keep upright though:

20120602Aber-20.jpg

20120602Aber-21.jpg

20120602Aber-22.jpg

20120602Aber-23.jpg

Here's the last three bloomers, the White Widow and the two "lavender" indicas:

20120602Aber-24.jpg

The White Widow is doing quite well despite the previous rot. She promising. If the high is nice I'll try bushing her a lot more to keep the nug size smaller I think:

20120602Aber-25.jpg

20120602Aber-26.jpg

Last are the two "lavender" indicas. They are just getting started:

20120602Aber-27.jpg

20120602Aber-28.jpg

20120602Aber-29.jpg

Here's a shot into the veg room. It's a jungle in there:

20120602Aber-30.jpg

Back
Top Bottom