Aberration Goes Ker Bloom! - Perpetual

Hey Abe, love the colors! :thumb: I really think the teal green and the of course the black look great.
Beautiful as always and thanks for the info on the veg times. I like to do the same and shoot for about 20" or so before moving them in flower. I have a few that are over the 30" mark so they will be interesting to see how much they stretch in the first few weeks.

:peace:

Makes me wanna dive in the screen and die like a white fly in the trichomes.

Me too. This is fun. I need to get a real macro lens for my DSLR. And a little photo booth with lights. Did I say that already? I love closeup shots.

Hey Abe, love the colors! :thumb: I really think the teal green and the of course the black look great.
Beautiful as always and thanks for the info on the veg times. I like to do the same and shoot for about 20" or so before moving them in flower. I have a few that are over the 30" mark so they will be interesting to see how much they stretch in the first few weeks.

I think all the darker colors work well. The teal green is actually more like forest green but the light does reflect off of them some and it makes it appear lighter I think. Or my camera needs a better 'operator unit' maybe. Anyway the green is a lot darker. The lavender at the top is actually a deep saturated purple.

Only the two biggest girls in bloom get fed tonight.

==> Bloom - Pre-feed flush:

BBX.4C (29/56 days) : 0.50 gal

TDR.1B (29/77 days) : 0.50 gal

-Mix (1) gallon
-Per gallon:
1 T liquid steamed bone meal
1 T Yucca
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.22 @ 19.6 C
1 t blackstrap molasses

==> Bloom - Feed:

BBX.4C : 1.00 gal
TDR.1B : 1.00 gal

-Mix (2) gallons - MID
-Per gallon:
2 T liquid steamed bone meal
2 T Biggest Bloom
2 t PGE
1 t Silica Blast
2 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
2 t Notrozyme
2 t Organic Supplement
2 t Soil Nute
--- t Feather Tea
--- t Big Foot (ord)
1 t Calcium Syrup
1/2 t Carbon sweet
2 T Amino Blast
1/2 t TM-7
Natural @ 1200 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.24 @ 20.1 C
1 t Companion

I got about 25 oz (dry weight) of kind bud between the two Matanuskans I harvested last week. That's a pretty good haul for the Matty. Blue Dream averages about that, but Matty usually is closer to 8 oz per plant the way I grow.
:cheer:

U inspire me to grow better. I'm trying to get there brother. 12 oz a plant is great! Is this after cure or wet weight?

U inspire me to grow better. I'm trying to get there brother. 12 oz a plant is great! Is this after cure or wet weight?

That's after dry, but not jarred yet. I might lose another 1/4 - 1/2 ounce total to curing, but this is pretty close to the final weight. Since I'm not selling, that's close enough for me.

Here's last night's feed:

GKA.1B (30/63 days) : 0.50 gal
WW.0A (30/63 days) : 0.50 gal
SLH.1A (30/77 days) : 0.50 gal
AH1.0B (30/77 days) : 0.50 gal

-Mix (2) gallons
-Per gallon:
1 T Yucca
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.22 @ 20.1 C
1 t blackstrap molasses

==> Bloom - Feed:

GKA.1B : 0.75 gal
WW.0A : 0.75 gal
SLH.1A : 0.75 gal
AH1.0B : 0.75 gal

-Mix (3) gallons - MID
-Per gallon:
2 T Biggest Bloom
2 t PGE
1 t Silica Blast
2 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
2 t Notrozyme
2 t Organic Supplement
1 t Soil Nute
1 t Feather Tea
--- t Big Foot (ord)
1 t Calcium Syrup
1/2 t Carbon sweet
2 T Amino Blast
1/2 t TM-7
Natural @ 1010 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.14 @ 19.6 C
1 t Companion

==> Mature Veg:

BD.7C, BD.7J : 0.25 gal ea
CH.1A, CH.1B

MTP.4A, MTP.4D : water to saturation
SLH.2B, SLH.2E

-Mix (2) gallons
-Per gallon:
1 T Pure Blend Pro Grow
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
1 t Big Foot (3rd)
--- t TM-7
Natural @ 860 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.13 @ 19.6 C
1/2 t Companion

==> Medium Veg:

SLH.2H, SLH.2J, SLH.2K : water to saturation

AH1.1A, AH1.1B, AH1.1C : water to saturation
WW.1A, WW.1B, WW.1C
GKA.2B, GKA.2C

-Mix (1) gallon
-Per gallon:
2 t Pure Blend Pro Grow
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
1 t Big Foot (3rd)
--- t TM-7
Natural @ 740 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.24 @ 19.5 C
1/2 t Companion

loving the results mate, i just purchased a 400watt dual spectrum hps for my plants, just waiting for it to be delivered so i may finish my grow off with this or stick with the cfls till this grow is done, not sure yet, im just into the flower stage and all plants have turned out female and the white bits have really started growing long and you can see the formation of the buds on the one plant, but im wondering if i should stick the 400watt in their even if its only for a few hours just to boost the light a bit, id be happy if my plants finish half as good as yours, time will tell,

nice yield by the way, loving the results

One simple truth of growing is that, in general, up to a point, more light = bigger plants and buds. There are all kinds of caveats to that, but it's a fair rule of thumb till you get over 1000W per 4' plant IMO. Another simple truth is that more light = more heat. I have 6 x 600W HIDs, but it takes a 25,000 Btu A/C to control temps, even with air cooled hoods. So if you can handle the heat and have the space for bigger plants, go for a bigger light. Just my 2¢.

==> Mix clone food:

-Mix (1) gallon
-Per gallon:
1 t GH RapidStart
1 t Hygrozyme
pH target: 5.95 (±.05) Actual: 5.97 @ 19.8 C

BBX.4C (31/56 days) : 0.50 gal

TDR.1B (31/77 days) : 0.50 gal

-Mix (1) gallon
-Per gallon:
1 T Yucca
1 t blackstrap molasses
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.27 @ 19.8 C

==> Bloom - Feed:

-Mix (2) gallons - MID
-Per gallon:
2 T Biggest Bloom
2 t PGE
1 t Silica Blast
2 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
2 t Notrozyme
2 t Organic Supplement
2 t Soil Nute
--- t Big Foot (ord)
1 t Calcium Syrup
1/2 t Carbon sweet
2 T Amino Blast
1/2 t TM-7
Natural @ 1080 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.25 @ 19.9 C
1 t Companion

cant wait till mine finish, im a few weeks into flower at the minute, im using a load of 23 watt and 30watt 2700kelvin cfls, works out at about 300 actual watts, but ive just picked up a 400watt dual spec hps light, not sure if its worth using that for this grow or let the plants finish on the lights they have been used to, the electric bill will be slightly more but would the plants finish a lot sooner and would it increase yield if i switched at this stage, im still at the early flower stage, just got all the hairs growing with no actual buds yet. but if i get results a quater as good as yours ill be chuffed, so im undecided what to do light wise at the moment, the 3 plants in flower i thought was all female but looks like i got 1 hermie and its the best plant big bud#2. ill give it a few days so i can tell for sure but i can see a small ball either side of the new growth at each node and the other 2 plants have not got this so if it is hermie ill pull it and flower it elsewhere so i can get the fem seeds from it.

by the sounds of it you got a great yield as well, im keeping my fingers crossed that mine turn out ok,

Great job as always Aberration Keep up good work...Love coming by seeing your grows :passitleft:

Mouthwatering Close-up Macro Shots! :bravo:

Keep it up

cant wait till mine finish, im a few weeks into flower at the minute, im using a load of 23 watt and 30watt 2700kelvin cfls, works out at about 300 actual watts, but ive just picked up a 400watt dual spec hps light, not sure if its worth using that for this grow or let the plants finish on the lights they have been used to, the electric bill will be slightly more but would the plants finish a lot sooner and would it increase yield if i switched at this stage, im still at the early flower stage, just got all the hairs growing with no actual buds yet. but if i get results a quater as good as yours ill be chuffed, so im undecided what to do light wise at the moment, the 3 plants in flower i thought was all female but looks like i got 1 hermie and its the best plant big bud#2. ill give it a few days so i can tell for sure but i can see a small ball either side of the new growth at each node and the other 2 plants have not got this so if it is hermie ill pull it and flower it elsewhere so i can get the fem seeds from it.

by the sounds of it you got a great yield as well, im keeping my fingers crossed that mine turn out ok,

Thank you all. I'm pretty happy (and frankly, pretty stoned).

==> Bloom - Pre-feed:

BBX.4C (33/56 days) : 0.50 gal
GKA.1B (33/63 days) : 0.50 gal
WW.0A (33/63 days) : 0.50 gal
SLH.1A (33/77 days) : 0.50 gal
AH1.0B (33/77 days) : 0.50 gal
TDR.1B (33/77 days) : 0.50 gal

-Mix (3) gallons
-Per gallon:
1 T Yucca
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.15 @ 20.1 C
1 t blackstrap molasses

==> Bloom - Feed:

-Mix (5) gallons - MID
-Per gallon:
3 T Biggest Bloom
2 t PGE
1 t Silica Blast
2 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
2 t Notrozyme
2 t Organic Supplement
2 t Soil Nute
--- t Big Foot (ord)
1 t Calcium Syrup
1/2 t Carbon sweet
2 T Amino Blast
1/2 t TM-7
Natural @ 1110 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.25 @ 20.2 C
1 t Companion

==> Mature Veg:

SLH.1D : 0.75 gal ea
L.6A, L.6D

CH.1A, CH.1B

SLH.2B, SLH.2E

-Mix (4) gallons
-Per gallon:
1 T Pure Blend Pro Grow
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
--- t Big Foot (ord)
--- t TM-7
Natural @ 780 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.13 @ 19.6 C
1/2 t Companion

==> Medium Veg:

WW.1A, WW.1B, WW.1C
GKA.2B, GKA.2C

-Mix (1) gallon
-Per gallon:
2 t Pure Blend Pro Grow
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
--- t Big Foot (ord)
--- t TM-7
Natural @ 690 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.25 @ 20.1 C
1/2 t Companion

I took 10 'lavender' indica cuttings and put them in plugs to root.

I also put a Super Lemon Haze into bloom.

==> New cuttings:

10 x 'lavender' indica

==> Water and Beneficials:

BBX.4C (35/56 days) : 1.50 gal
TDR.1B (35/77 days) : 1.50 gal

-Mix (3) gallons
-Per gallon:
1/2 T Mykos WP (mycorrhizae)
1 t Gnatrol (Bt-i - Bacillus thuringiensis var. israelensis)
1 t Companion (Bacillus subtilis)
1 t Hygrozyme
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.21 @ 20.2 C

==> Placed into Bloom:

SLH.1D

Sups Abs? Man I wish I can use as much power as you do. Those girls are lookin really good. Have you had problems with germing seed? I've gone through that rut a few times. Seed is easily damaged when germing so us old growers will fall into a rut because of a bad germing or 2. A bad germing can make you rethink everything you know about growing. I fell into a bad rut more than once because I have used so many different mediums. We all have our ups and downs. So what's your method? I'm a big fan of soaking your seed for 24 hours or less then placing them directly in the medium your growing in a sealed container. I presoak my medium also but squeeze it out so its only damp and not soak and wet. The damp and not soak and wet is the most important part. Its why using a sealed container can increase germ rates, a damp medium can dry out in under a day under a light so you end up drying the seed's tap root or rewatering the medium and taking a chance of drowning the seed's tap. Trapping the moisture in a sealed container makes the medium stay just damp with less fuckups. Best results are when seedlings are removed out of a sealed container and transplanted into new medium once they pop or break surface then you give seedling its first watering. You do this right, you create perfect germing with perfect germing environment. To get the best out of your seed, this method and good timing into transplant reduces many problems like stunt growth because the end of the tap dried because it grows out of themedium, breaking the tap or overwatering the tap and greatly reduces mutant looking plants that arent worth shit because of damage during the germing.
You probally already know all this but if your in a rut, a reminder from a fellow grower might help ya or even someone else.

LOL I am quite high, I was going to start a new journal today but could not think of a good title. Its a super cool looking sog by sog set up with the vert minus one row. I am going to get good results, at least the fruit of my labor should be good after all the research and development I put into. Hope I don't fuck it up LOL. Seriously, I hope I don't fuck it up. My friend accidently killed a batch of clones the day before transplantand my young mums were not able to give me enough clipping for another 2 weeks creating over a 1.5 month growing gap but it gave me a chance to do a few upgrades to make life a lil easier when it comes to my growing.

The seed travels from birds and other animals the eat the seed. Most of the seed gives the bird or animal food but the few seed that doesn't get crushed by beak or teeth does not get digested and is pooped out. Rain washes the poop away and hopefully washes the seed into a good spot for germing and growing. The rain also washes the acids from the poop letting seed within proper ph range so seed will split and grow. This is why seed has hard shells and applies to many types of plants and not just cannabis.

dude. omg. amazing shots. I see you've been experimenting with different back drops as I have too. No photos yet, but want to get my photo-skills up before the nugs get bigger! haha. but you my friend are doing amazing. as always :Namaste:

Sups Abs? Man I wish I can use as much power as you do. Those girls are lookin really good. Have you had problems with germing seed? I've gone through that rut a few times. Seed is easily damaged when germing so us old growers
washes the seed into a good spot for germing and growing. The rain also washes the acids from the poop letting seed within proper ph range so seed will split and grow. This is why seed has hard shells and applies to many types of plants and not just cannabis.

Hey Mr. Smith. Yeah, when you get into a rut, seeing the way out can be incredibly hard. Actually I do quite well with seeds now, and my clones are now almost 100% survivors as of the last month. Woot! I keep learning new things about these plants. They are amazing. :passitleft:

dude. omg. amazing shots. I see you've been experimenting with different back drops as I have too. No photos yet, but want to get my photo-skills up before the nugs get bigger! haha. but you my friend are doing amazing. as always :Namaste:

Thank you. It's mostly the camera though. It sure is fun when a couple turn out extra good by chance though. :passitleft:

05/07/2012
----------

==> Water and Beneficials:

GKA.1B (36/63 days) : 1.25 gal
WW.0A (36/63 days) : 1.25 gal
SLH.1A (36/77 days) : 1.25 gal
AH1.0B (36/77 days) : 1.25 gal
SLH.1D (01/77 days) : 0.75 gal

L.6A, L.6D : 0.75 gal ea

CH.1A, CH.1B

SLH.2B, SLH.2E

WW.1A, WW.1B, WW.1C
GKA.2B, GKA.2C

-Mix (10) gallons
-Per gallon:
1/2 T Mykos WP (mycorrhizae)
1 t Gnatrol (Bt-i - Bacillus thuringiensis var. israelensis)
1 t Companion (Bacillus subtilis)
1 t Hygrozyme
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.22 @ 20.1 C

Hey there Abe! Still lovin ur grow man. Wow really :thumb:
Are you still using the same size pots and if so how long before they go into flower do they get to that final pot size?
Also, I have been reading your nute lists and besides the 6/5/3 mineral powders your mix looks super close to high brix. Have you ever had your soil tested?
Sorry for so many questions tonight but I'm in one of those deep thinking nights :)

:peace: brother!

I've heard you talking about high brix soil but I haven't had the time to read up on what it is. I do know my 'soil' works very well.

:Namaste:

==> Bloom - Pre-feed:

BBX.4C (37/56 days) : 0.50 gal
GKA.1B (37/63 days) : 0.50 gal
WW.0A (37/63 days) : 0.50 gal
SLH.1A (37/77 days) : 0.50 gal
AH1.0B (37/77 days) : 0.50 gal
TDR.1B (37/77 days) : 0.50 gal
SLH.1D (02/77 days) : 0.25 gal

-Mix (4) gallons
-Per gallon:
1 T Yucca
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.29 @ 20.8 C
1 t blackstrap molasses

==> Bloom - Feed:

SLH.1D : 0.75 gal

-Mix (6) gallons - MID
-Per gallon:
3 T Biggest Bloom
2 t PGE
1 t Silica Blast
2 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
2 t Notrozyme
2 t Organic Supplement
2 t Soil Nute
--- t Big Foot (ord)
1 t Calcium Syrup
1/2 t Carbon sweet
2 T Amino Blast
1/2 t TM-7
Natural @ 1130 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.19 @ 21.3 C
1 t Companion

I've heard you talking about high brix soil but I haven't had the time to read up on what it is. I do know my 'soil' works very well.

:Namaste:

Yes it certainly does! :thumb:

Are you still using the same size pots and if so how long before they go into flower do they get to that final pot size?
Also do top/fim your ladies before going into flower?

Thanks Abe!

Yes it certainly does! :thumb:

Also do top/fim your ladies before going into flower?

Thanks Abe!

The go into 9 gallon pots (plant peoples' "10 gallon pots", actually 9 liquid gallons at the level I fill it) for bloom. Since I am trying to reduce the average size of my plants I think they will do fine going forward. I typically transplant them when they need it, if it comes to that, as long as they are still in veg. That said, usually the plants get transplanted into these pots the day they go into bloom, sometimes a week before that. On the other hand, L.6A and L.6D in veg now have been in 9 gallon pots since 4/20. They are small by nature and can use all the root they can get. They are next to go in - maybe another week or maybe two...

I do try to flat-top them about a week before they go in and I tend to lollypop them too since the under-growth is so under-productive. I clone as available and just top otherwise as needed for uniformity of height and for structure in veg. I don't go crazy in bloom but I will take stuff off the bottom anytime I decide to. The tops usually get pinched and bent over if they really get too tall early- or mid-bloom though. I do pluck old and spectacularly shading leaves, otherwise I stake the branches where I want them and tuck some leaves.

As far as FIM, no not really. I just cut right above a node. I'm not afraid of using the razor blade though. They do great.

==> Bloom - Pre-feed:

BBX.4C (39/56 days) : 0.50 gal
GKA.1B (39/63 days) : 0.50 gal
WW.0A (39/63 days) : 0.50 gal
SLH.1A (39/77 days) : 0.50 gal
AH1.0B (39/77 days) : 0.50 gal
TDR.1B (39/77 days) : 0.50 gal
SLH.1D (04/77 days) : 0.25 gal

-Mix (4) gallons
-Per gallon:
1 T Yucca