Akaman's Better Late Than Never 12/12 Grow

akaman

high community, I wasn't going to do a journal but VapedOutJoe asked me why I didn't and I really didn't have a great answer so here goes. I'm sorry I don't have pics of the very beginning but let me bring you up to date. seed- bagseed Type of medium-soil (Foxfarms ocean forest)

Nutrients I have- OC+, Tiger bloom, Grow big, Big bloom, Jamaican (1-10-0.2),
Mexican (10-2-1), Indonesian (0.5-12-0.2) guano, Snowstorm ultra, Gravity, Blackstrap Molasses and Epsom salts

Nutrients I'm using- OC+, Snowstorm Ultra, Grow big, Big bloom

Pot- 2 1/2 gal.

Temps- lights off-74 to 79 degrees F. lights on-79 to 83 degrees F

Ph of water with nutes- 7.0

Ph of soil- 7.1

Lights- 6 40 watt cfl's overhead, 2 40 watt cfl's on either side, total of 8

Growcab I built from entertainment cabinet
015270.JPG
014297.JPG
013317.JPG
012329.JPG
011388.JPG
010441.JPG
008515.JPG
007563.JPG
006561.JPG

this pic is of plant in veg at 12 in. week 4 of veg
05021.JPG
010440.JPG

As of today she is 19 in., week 1 of flower. Welcome all. Will update weekly.

hey bro, everything looks healthy except for the clawing. that comes from the oc+ dumping N because of the temps. try to cool the things down & i think it'll straighten up. as for all the additives, well, i rarely use 'em. epsum salts (if u need 'em), molasses (yeah) & snowstorm ultra is a good product, but i only use that in late flower. i just completed a soil grow using 50% topsoil (very little nutrient value there), 20% perlite & 30% pine horse bedding (poor quality w/mostly sawdust & few chips) &dynamite red (because of heat). i used a tea made of urea, very dry horse manure, bone meal (what i had on hand)& molasses thined out in some boiling water. i let that mixture "cook" for a few days & used it at 3 weeks &6 weeks of flower & watered w/tap w/total alkalinity of 60. nothing else. i harvested .85 g/w. not great, but not bad for a super cheap, low labor grow. well, u asked & that's what i did. good luck, bud.

:adore: your cab!

I think you're doing great. I agree with paw-paw about the oc+ dumping the N causing the claw. From my experience, the claw will stay, but new growth can get better. I grew a plant that was clawed all the way through flower. The flowering time was longer then I expected, but I blame that on having too much N at the end of flower. That is the main issue with OC+. Trying to flush is difficult with time/temp release ferts. The flush that I learned from Doc Bud's journal, is to get the temps really low, flush with water as you would, and keep the temps in the grow cab extra low (I think just under 70 would do the trick. The info on OC+ says at 60 it will put out food for 6 months.). I don't have an environment that I can adjust that well, so I wasn't able to test this. At 80 degrees, your looking at 4-5 months of feed from the OC+ pellets. The worse thing about the claw is the extended flowering time, and the trimming of buds with little leaves curled into them.

One suggestion I have for you would be to add a reflector above the lights, if possible, to push the light back down to the plant. Otherwise looking good.

:hookah::nicethread:

hey bro, everything looks healthy except for the clawing. that comes from the oc+ dumping N because of the temps. try to cool the things down & i think it'll straighten up. as for all the additives, well, i rarely use 'em. epsum salts (if u need 'em), molasses (yeah) & snowstorm ultra is a good product, but i only use that in late flower. i just completed a soil grow using 50% topsoil (very little nutrient value there), 20% perlite & 30% pine horse bedding (poor quality w/mostly sawdust & few chips) &dynamite red (because of heat). i used a tea made of urea, very dry horse manure, bone meal (what i had on hand)& molasses thined out in some boiling water. i let that mixture "cook" for a few days & used it at 3 weeks &6 weeks of flower & watered w/tap w/total alkalinity of 60. nothing else. i harvested .85 g/w. not great, but not bad for a super cheap, low labor grow. well, u asked & that's what i did. good luck, bud.
Hi Paw Paw, took your advice and got the lights on temps down to 68 and I noticed that the humidity went up (30 to 43). Now my lights off temps are 63, is this ok or is that too cold? And how low should I go before it affects the plant? Do you have any pics of the soil grow I could check out? I'd like to see what a super cheap, low labor grow looks like:blushsmile:. All the nutes I mentioned was from my first try about 2 yrs ago, the only thing new is the SSU and the Gravity. Haven't tried the molasses yet and I must remember the tea you made, sounds very inexpensive and I definitely don't have the funds for all the nutes that are out there now. So if you have some pics I'd appreciate you letting me have a look. Thx for stopping by:thumb:

:adore: your cab!

I think you're doing great. I agree with paw-paw about the oc+ dumping the N causing the claw. From my experience, the claw will stay, but new growth can get better. I grew a plant that was clawed all the way through flower. The flowering time was longer then I expected, but I blame that on having too much N at the end of flower. That is the main issue with OC+. Trying to flush is difficult with time/temp release ferts. The flush that I learned from Doc Bud's journal, is to get the temps really low, flush with water as you would, and keep the temps in the grow cab extra low (I think just under 70 would do the trick. The info on OC+ says at 60 it will put out food for 6 months.). I don't have an environment that I can adjust that well, so I wasn't able to test this. At 80 degrees, your looking at 4-5 months of feed from the OC+ pellets. The worse thing about the claw is the extended flowering time, and the trimming of buds with little leaves curled into them.

One suggestion I have for you would be to add a reflector above the lights, if possible, to push the light back down to the plant. Otherwise looking good.

:hookah::nicethread:

Thank you VOJ, first of all I took your advice and made a reflector (pics on friday). Secondly I'm glad you mentioned flowering, how the heck do I figure out when it's the end when I had buds sprouting at 3 wks in veg? Do I still look for the 70/30 amber thing and go from there? And I forgot all about the flush, is it 1 or 2 wks before harvest that you do it? One question always leads to another. I got the temps down to 68 (kudos to Paw Paw) with lights on so I hope that will help with the claw cause my new growth looks like mini claws:cheesygrinsmiley:. Thx for checkin me out:thumb:

Hi akaman!
Grow is looking good. Sweet cabinet!
In case you wanted to know,
Here's what we have our growing environments at:

Veg Room
Temperature: 68F - 74F
Humidity: 55 - 65

Flower Room
Humidity: 30 - 40

Dry air is better than wet for flowering plants.

aka,

nice setup and congrats on figuring out the signature thing. It had me stumped at first too.

Was the weed good smoke you got the seeds from?

Thx HH, I was starting to bug out until I figured out what I was doing wrong, I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I didn't hit save. What a idiot! OK so the seeds were definitely from good weed it's just that the seeds are at least 5 yrs old. I figure if they germinate they will grow (tho I must admit out of 10 seeds only 2 germinated), will the plant be as potent as before? I'll let you know:high-five: but I sure hope so. If not I just got some good bagseed the other day, only 4 seeds but there fresh so we'll see. Stay tuned for pics this friday bro. Start of week 2 of flower.

Hi akaman!
Grow is looking good. Sweet cabinet!
In case you wanted to know,
Here's what we have our growing environments at:

Veg Room
Humidity: 55 - 65

Flower Room
Humidity: 30 - 40

Dry air is better than wet for flowering plants.

Thank you LeafLady, that's very kind of you. As for your grow environments, after seeing you're grow, I will strive to match them because it is definitely working for you. Hopefully I'll see some of that magic.:Namaste::adore::adore::adore: p.s. thx for that link to jack:thanks: p.s.s. what's PM mean cause I think I found some.

leaflady's #'s are spot on. if u can maintain that u'll be fine. sorry, no camera. i'm hoping to get one for christmas (good one's r expensive). the tea i made was very simple...just what i had lying around. a good tea would be like docbud uses, w/blood meal &???? it did seem to perk up the flowering. there's several grows on this site that use medium like light warrior (no nutes at all) & oc+ w/good results. u don't need $1k in nutes to grow a weed. just get u're environment right & stay out of their way. they'll grow! reflector was a good idea...just make one out of a piece of sheet metal or whatever u can find.

Thank you LeafLady, that's very kind of you. As for your grow environments, after seeing you're grow, I will strive to match them because it is definitely working for you. Hopefully I'll see some of that magic.:Namaste::adore::adore::adore: p.s. thx for that link to jack:thanks: p.s.s. what's PM mean cause I think I found some.

PM = Powder Mildew
It starts in spots, and spreads like crazy if not treated.

Here's a pic of some PM I was dealing with:
100_10022.JPG

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom