Amy Gardner’s High Brix Dreams

Good deal Amy! I'd start looking for extension kits, 5'8" is not a lot of head room. A 1 foot should do the trick right? 2 foot if you have the clearance but that's only getting you 2 extra inches, unless you use the 9" one too, which would be 7'8". I think my 4x4 is like 7'11"....? I'm 6'5" and can just reach the top. Your gonna love the quality!

:passitleft:

Hi Amy,
Sorry I've been MIA, life has been interfering with my 420 time! Just caught up on your journal.
Glad you are getting a refund, that's so wrong to ship you junk you didn't order.

Hope the Oil keeps you sleeping well, number one thing that can help you with ME IMHO.

Peace
Keith

Thanks guys - things are fully powering eh!

On pest management - there is Doc Buds Leaf Wash. An additional purchase, and actually something all gardeners can use - not just kit growers actually (so soil, hydro, whatever). It’s a mix of neem, some karanja and other things I can’t remember right now. It helps with a lot of things and is used every now and then as all over spay wash, in particular just before transplant I think (maybe a day or 2). So that actually a ‘yes’ Shed :battingeyelashes:, my growing salad will get some neem+ dressing for extra pest defence encouragement, among other things :yummy:

I’ll be using leaf wash - i cant keep superb practices between gardens so i’m gonna be at some risk. My room opens straight onto a forest and I can’t control that much so I’ll leaf wash and inspect visually on a daily basis :) With only one plant, that shouldn’t be too burdensome.

A 1 foot should do the trick right?

Totally :thumb: the 1’ kit is what i’ll be looking for. It isn’t sold seperately like teh 2’ one is, it comes packaged with the regular range of tents (GGT) so I’ll have to find someone with a kit one that they’d be willing to part with... Still, if that proves difficult, I can always take the included extension off the one I’m getting, and use the 2’ ext - which woul give me 6’11”. But I wont need to worry about that with this Blue Dream I dont think, I’ll just get some practice training and shaping

:passitleft:

My revelation earlier in the week that I can tolerate ingested cannabis after all has led to further discovery. I decided to try out the oil during the day as well over the last few days and it does for the pain levels really really well. I was worried I wouldn’t like the feeling as I’ve not enjoyed edibles in the past really, but it’s great. Doesn’t put me to sleep during the day, just relaxes (eases the ‘manics’ as well as killing pain) and allows me to sleep at night. Plus, the oil is super tasty with the slightly sour berry overtones the plant had and it’s delicious drizzled onto my food or into a beverage.

I’ve started dosing the CBD CC oil the same way and things seem really good there too.

It’s funny how things change and develop over time - I was not at all sure about the plant this dosing oil for sleep and now pain calmed from. It was a freebie with my first ever seed purchase, I didn’t much like the name (Money Bush) or the ‘blurb’, which was all about making money. Then @Radogast drew my attention to it’s parentage: Afghani x Critical Mass (Afghani x Skunk #1) so that sparked some more interest and some more learning about strains and histories. I chose some some Afghani and some Skunk and some Critical Mass among the seeds I’ve been lucky enough to win (thanks to our awesome sponsors) so I’m expecting to grow out a sizeable enough bush of that this summer to keep this oil thing going. Such relief :slide: I thought it was good before - this is a whole other level.
:love::420::love:

Hiya AmyG,

I'm so glad you used the oil, and that you're okay with it. I'm still amazed at the pain relieving quality of cannabis THC. I know I'd have given up on life by now without it. Works for me, and now you! Feel better, get better! Cya

You know it's a good grow when your biggest issue is the nodes being too close together! Gotta love it...

Also good to read you like the oil. My goal is to go from smoke to oil (once my "test grow" is harvested/processed) and always inspiring to read when others before me are having success with it. Thanks for that!

Hiya AmyG,

I'm so glad you used the oil, and that you're okay with it. I'm still amazed at the pain relieving quality of cannabis THC. I know I'd have given up on life by now without it. Works for me, and now you! Feel better, get better! Cya
:high-five:
Hi Amy! Bit late to the party :) All cought up (pics only, won't lie) and watching:ganjamon:

It’s K! :welcome: to here, K :passitleft: Great to have you along. No worries doing the picture only catchup. I know I look like a wordy person but it’s all about the pictures really...
glad to see you about :thumb: how does the white widow smoke?
You know it's a good grow when your biggest issue is the nodes being too close together! Gotta love it...

Also good to read you like the oil. My goal is to go from smoke to oil (once my "test grow" is harvested/processed) and always inspiring to read when others before me are having success with it. Thanks for that!

:welcome: HoBrah - honored to have an island dwelller in the garden :)
I know! “My plant is too bushy!” What an issue :rofl:

Over the weekend I still enjoyed vaping for the head high, but most days I’m hoping the oil is going to treat me just fine. I do still like to get really high from vaping or smoking as well
:ganjamon:

terrific that you keep trying in spite of your past negative experience and discover something new :thumb:.

Sucker for punishment? I was partly promted by you mentioning that study about the holding under the tongue. I’d read that too, and then Sue talked about how folks were just swallowing it so that’s why the study said the swallowing was probably more effective, not necessarily that the under the tongue was less effective. The study had actually no way of checking that (cause no-one really did it), & it seem to be working for me. So you then bringing that up again plus newty’s canna coffees sounding so delicious ... plus it was Saturday let’s get high day so I decided what the hey, hey! Tested to see if it was any better - yep :D

I knew last night the plant needed a drink n drench, but I didn’t want to do it right before lights out because it gets a bit too cold at night. I just peeked in and it’s what you might call a bit wilty... 10minutes to lights on. I wonder how soon after ‘sun up’ it’s ok to do it. It’s 65degF in the tent right now. I’ll do drench soon after lights on. Poor baby - I wondered a lot of yesterday if was ready. In the future I’ll start to see it more clearly I hope, I’m pushing it a bit past the sweetspot this time perhaps. We will see...

:Namaste:

First drench done as per the dunking method: into about 6-7L of water I put approx 6tsp of Growth Ionic and 1tsp of tea. There was a little bubbling... It was bloody difficult to pour down the top with all that low thick shrubbery going on and hold the pot down in the bucket at the same time :laughtwo: so the lower leaves got a bit wet & muddy. I’m wondering if I can remove some of the lower stuf already to get it out of the dirt :hmmmm:

I didn’t get a pic beforehand... but this was right after I set it back in the tent.

D034C865-16D5-4177-9E80-C5387B9D57C5.jpeg
B3080880-EF76-400B-8A13-7FAADD56C573.jpeg

So perhaps that’s too much wilt and yesterday afternoon would have been the ticket! Next time I’ll catch it I reckon - I’m starting to see.

The newest shoots were standing straight upright within 10 minutes :)

I’ll get some better photos once things perk up some more and post a proper update later today (622am for me right now).

Wishes of a wonderful day, morning, afternoon, evening etc to all ...

She's got the vegetation! Insane. I've viewed DBHBB journals before, and they always look so nice! Yeah, just like her! Nice job, Amy!

It’s K! :welcome: to here, K :passitleft: Great to have you along. No worries dong the picture only catchup. I know I look like a wordy person but it’s all about the pictures really...
glad to see you about :thumb: how does the white widow smoke?

Oh she smokes awesome. The minor impregnation hickup did not affect her at all and thus she goes like sand through my fingers..:eek: I am worried I shall have a dry gap until next harvest.. :) My box is still completely disassembled, upgrading filter and rewiring it with propper wire, as out of lazyness, last time during lights upgrade, I wired half of it with yellow ground wire.. :)

Hehe - it can disappear pretty quick while you’re having fun eh! Man, I’d forgotten about that mystery pollination :eek: ... we will never know

Looking forward to your next micro run - are you getting some pics of how you’re wiring it all up? Bring on round 4!

Back
Top Bottom