Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

re: Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

Gals are looking great, Antics! :goodjob:

im still taking notes on the lights,Im very satisfied with mine,your doing a great job Antics

WTF is this man?? its like a copy and paste from those shitholes I wont frequent,gdamm banhammer:rofl:

Hi mate. The only thing you should learn from this grow is that this cheap shitty chinese led panel is crap and there is no way to grow smthing ONLY with this and if u do, will be for 0.5 ounce. Have you thought that maybe is not too intense but too weak or even wrong spectrum? cause i am sure thats the case. i know it's hard for your ego to admit that you tossed 100$ for nothing, but do it and move on. Add your cfl lamps and keep the led at 20'', do what u know and what u did the previous time and you' ll be fine. if you want led, try something more expensive, mars II and above. Good luck

im still taking notes on the lights,Im very satisfied with mine,your doing a great job Antics

WTF is this man?? its like a copy and paste from those shitholes I wont frequent,gdamm banhammer:rofl:

That's the guy I continue to reference lol. Obviously someone waking up on the wrong side of the bed.

I think he needs a little Cannabis to brighten his outlook on life. :thumb:

You're right,It just kind of took me by surprise,not usually bitterness in the people here.

I cant talk for anyone else,but I feel I got the my topled at a steal,and man Im so cheap I think I over pay for 99% of life

zero regrets in mine,only wish I got it sooner

Hahaha C526, I had the same response to the guy in the NOTM page who was like, "By the way none of these other nugs impress me" .... like really?? I had to edit a nasty response to him lol. (Lucky I did! This was the night before they announced MOTM noms :laughtwo:) ... just not used to negativity here. I'm still wondering if he really was serious, or just bad at joking >.< his nug ... was one of the least impressive.

Antics your plants look great. Just wait until you get a couple ounces off those Big Bangs. Then we'll see who's nay-saying. ;) :love:

I also love the TopLED lights. I have a Mars II 1600, (total beast of a light) and 2 100x3 old models, plus a couple american made LEDs. You can grow perfectly fine plants under the old models! Screw that guy!

What is this guy about? That negativz ain't for this site.. ;P
...Not you, c526.. ;)

-J.

Thanks everyone.

This was our little Bonnie. She was a Prairie Dog, and somewhere around 8 years old. They're a nuisance in some parts of the world, but are really sweet and loving pets if you give them a chance. Her favorite thing to do was cuddle with me like this, climb into my shirt, or climb in my hood, or under it. I would sometimes give her a piece of apple when I was eating one.. and of course a piece wasn't good enough, so she'd come and just eat from my apple. She was a sweetheart and will truly be missed.

As for the plant, it's doing so so. Growth still isn't as fast as I want, or am used to seeing, and it appears the nute burn is still slowly spreading, so I gave her a 1 gallon flush today, and as usual, I'll know more in the upcoming days. I have also topped the other top, which I botched and did more of a top and a half, so we'll see how that turns out..

2014-11-11_17-04-49_632.jpg

2014-11-11_17-04-31_260.jpg

A few years ago we found a young prairie dog that was lost, we took him home and did our best to feed him some milk replacement but weren't lucky enough to keep him alive. I would've left him be but he was in an area full of hawks and coyotes, prob should've. Sorry for your loss

I most certainly have considered it, and I plant to try it, and all growing techniques that I can. I just don't have enough knowledge to try it now without a high risk of error :)
Not enough knowledge?? Uh huh! You have all of us - if you want to try a supersoil, myself or others would love to help you come up with a soil recipe that you could just add water to and sail right through! I've found out on my own recently that you can really make a huge difference in your grow just by mixing the right soil. I used to grow in a pre-made mix with bottled nutes like you. Now... My soil is alive, it fights disease, and it fights pests above and below the surface, all while providing every mineral and nutrient my plant's could possibly want - plus its 100% organic, with great success even without using teas and drenches and all that (which scare most people off from serious organics) .... it may sound too good to be true... but it's not.

Put the effort in during the beginning - during mixing your soil - and you save yourself a LOT of issues - and money - down the road.

If anyone else wants to try a soil like mine, just ask. :) and if you want second opinions, I can refer you to PeeJay, COorganics, or Sweetsue off the top of my head though there are many others. All great members here. :love: and all agree the most magical grows start at the soil.

back to catching up - I must admit I've only skimmed your thread recently, sorry: for now, your update on post #429 is looking like things are turning around - I hope I keep seeing that in the next couple pages. Also hope you had a happy new year :) :love:

Edit: caught up, "I think it shows"... you bet it shows! Great job turning those around Ants, I hope that FIM works out for you, they can be tricky. I've been topping lately instead of fimming because I'm more consistent that way. :Namaste: and aww... Sorry for both of your losses... I gotta admit until now I've never looked at a prairie dog and thought "cute!" ... but now that's changed ;)

Ok a late, and much needed update, with some shitty news as well.

First, the coco transplant did make a difference in growth for Big Bang. The pictures were proof of that. The light was never changed, and has been under the LED this whole time, and ONLY the LED.

Strawberry Blue has done amazing in the coco. Under the same LED. Same nutes for both. SB is doing great still, other than a little nute burn.

I was trying to get SB caught up to BB, feeding slightly higher levels of nutes, which is evident in the pictures. As the nute burn appeared, I backed off a bit, and BB took a turn south. About 3 days ago, everything was wilted. No rhyme or reason for it. Medium, pots, water, nutes, light, etc... everything is identical. BB did this same thing before, with the wilting, but came back when I transplanted to coco.

Now I'm writing it off as a bad pheno, and NOT my problem. NOT my light. And NOTHING I could control. So that naysayer guy can take his shitty comments, and his shitty attitude elsewhere.

Strawberry Blue exhibits no signs of the problems BB ran into. So again, I'm guessing it was a bad pheno. Unless someone has other ideas or suggestions for learning purposes? But as of now she's pretty much dead. No new growth to grab the light to keep her going, so it's over for BB unfortunately.

2015-01-08_18-26-49_674.jpg

Now again, here's Strawberry Blue.. Grown with the same size pot, same medium, SAME LIGHT, same nutes, same water, blahblahblah:
2015-01-08_18-27-06_35.jpg

No problems other than nute burn. It's not the LED light :)

Wow, I'm sorry for the loss of your plant :/ Here's hoping SB does better :) I think it was actually a really good decision to start another plant, having another plant in the same medium etc appears to be a really good way to diagnose problems with other plants :)

Much to learn from this thread also.

So sorry to hear of Strawberry's passing, Antics. Are you going to keep her around to see if anything happens, or start something new?

Back
Top Bottom