Archiweedies Is Back At It! 4x4 Tent, LED’s, Coco & Mephisto Genetics

Thanks AW! I'll have a read through tomorrow. Sorry to be here so late...I actually had to work today!
Hope you aint working too hard buddy! You wont be reading too terribly long, he sums it all up on the first page basically haha! Take er' easy!

My water here runs about 300ppm from the tap and it has a lot of calcium in it. Im using an RO filter and the ppm is 0 now. One of the reasons I’m transitioning to soil is because of ph, the other is the crap in my tap water. The RO takes care of the crappy tap water, the soil takes care of the ph (to an extent,anyways). I also am tired of buying ph pens every two grows, nutrients, mixing them,etc. It’s all too much and I’m too lazy.
Now remember Emilya said the chloramine/chlorine in tapwater is actually beneficial to herb? It's a hotly debatable topic evidently. RO vs Tap. And i suspect it matters what part of the world you are growing?

Now remember Emilya said the chloramine/chlorine in tapwater is actually beneficial to herb? It's a hotly debatable topic evidently. RO vs Tap. And i suspect it matters what part of the world you are growing?
I hear ya Kismet and to be honest I'm basing this off just me and my last several grows. I ran RO water one time and I feel it was worth it. I'm not buying into "grow science" on this one. I do however buy into the fact that microbial life doesnt play well with chlorine and chloramine.
Mine runs 180 tds out the tap 7.0 ph. Have been running it straight out the tap no rest til Brooklyn.
Lol nice Beastie Boys reference!
Water sounds really ideal! Do you get a white dust from your humidifier? my humidifier leaves white dust everywhere if I use my tap water.

Apparently ascorbic acid (cheap Vit. C) removes chloramine. Unfortunately I use the expensive calcium ascorbate.
No chloramines for me but man that could be some handy info for others in the community. Ill be sure to pay that forward Shed, thanks!

Do you get a white dust from your humidifier? my humidifier leaves white dust everywhere if I use my tap water.
I haven't used a humidifier. Closest i got was a bowl of water with a wick last winter to keep the veg tent humid. Hmmm may need to do that for the new babies they been holding at 50/60 rh but should bump them up to 70/80.

I haven't used a humidifier. Closest i got was a bowl of water with a wick last winter to keep the veg tent humid. Hmmm may need to do that for the new babies they been holding at 50/60 rh but should bump them up to 70/80.
Hell 50-60% would be all I could ask for I usually sit at 30% ambient. It can be a struggle but I suppose my flowering RH is more ideal. Do you have to use dehueys Kismet?

Back
Top Bottom