Ase's Perpetual Fun With Coco

Hey Ase, Dobe invited me to flip with you guys on the 10 th. I think he was looking for some comedy relief so I thought why not. I have 3 that should be ready that I'll flip then. Enjoy you time away as it looks like paradise is waiting for ya poolside.
Derbybud

Hey Ase, Dobe invited me to flip with you guys on the 10 th. I think he was looking for some comedy relief so I thought why not. I have 3 that should be ready that I'll flip then. Enjoy you time away as it looks like paradise is waiting for ya poolside.
Derbybud

Nice! I subscribed to your newest journal about a week ago and just need to catch up. Only about halfway through.

You've spent a lot of time on these forums and have done plenty of research. I don't expect to see too much comedy relief on your end. Glad you are jointing us and I can't wait to see how they all look in the end. You'll be fine. A little more confidence and a little less second guessing yourself and you might even shock yourself.

My problems come from always thinking outside the box. Just can't leave well enough alone. I don't know why I need a better mouse trap all the time. My girls deserve better than that.

Just had to show this off. Girlfriend sent me a picture after she trained her girls. Look familiar? My face lit up when I saw this. She's on her own with her grow unless she asks for help so I was pretty stoked when she went with a familiar training method ;)

d231890f1d5936b5391fcf1003dc843a.jpg

I think you just need a little more confidence. I run 4 different strains every time and am usually pretty happy with the whole group. Sometimes I get a small one or a larger one but all in all they end up about the same in the end. You've had one of the better first grows that I've seen in a while so no reason you can't take a fickle strain and still make it clean and organized.

I did a scrog and it's worth doing once, but I can't stand the limitations it brings to the tent. Plants are locked into place and it is difficult to water or defoliate. Just a pain in my rear so I stopped doing it. I'll probably never go back either since I get the same (if not better) results with far less hassle. I always say that everyone has different methods and you have to find what is best for you so a scrog might be exactly what you are looking for. Everything is worth trying once just to see or gain that extra bit of grow knowledge.

Funny story is that I came up with the quadline while doing my scrog. Some mistakes happened and I had to cull the lower 2 nodes when I topped because they turned yellow from transplant stress. That just left the upper 4 branches to split the plant nicely into quarters. Put the net on and it worked great but I realized I didn't need the net when I trained them that way and they all stayed about the same height. I could get basically the same thing just tying them down. One of my local friends dubbed it the "screenless scrog" and I changed it to quadlining. That's why I recommend trying everything that you want to try. You never know when you'll stumble upon something like that.
I tried mainline before it's very similar to what your talking about but veg time can be SO LONG, with my scrog it's still a long veg but I don't think as long as mainline, I even did a mainline in DWC , And still veg times were long I have never fully scrog a room I am doing a 4 by 4 and she is.coming out as good as possible I am running a Amare SE 450 and COB only on right now but I have the diodes once they get flipped and can handle more light I'll tell you what tho it seems like COB, make cal-mag def so easy, I have had one in every plant in there but all fixed now i started running a new organic line and it is a calcium based nutes I pH to 6.1 even in coco.bc cal-mag up take is at that range I have so many plants and clones I don't even know what's going into flower next after autos finish i. Kinda jumped into to many plants problem and a bunch were autos 8 auto and so many photos that's why I am scrog to.hold her down while i finish my autos and he'll yeah I.love the pacnw

I tried mainline before it's very similar to what your talking about but veg time can be SO LONG, with my scrog it's still a long veg but I don't think as long as mainline, I even did a mainline in DWC , And still veg times were long I have never fully scrog a room I am doing a 4 by 4 and she is.coming out as good as possible I am running a Amare SE 450 and COB only on right now but I have the diodes once they get flipped and can handle more light I'll tell you what tho it seems like COB, make cal-mag def so easy, I have had one in every plant in there but all fixed now i started running a new organic line and it is a calcium based nutes I pH to 6.1 even in coco.bc cal-mag up take is at that range I have so many plants and clones I don't even know what's going into flower next after autos finish i. Kinda jumped into to many plants problem and a bunch were autos 8 auto and so many photos that's why I am scrog to.hold her down while i finish my autos and he'll yeah I.love the pacnw

Newty is constantly running into this first world problem. She's got no room as is and is still popping more beans! Crazy girl. At least she has Swagg to give stuff to. He may never have to run a plant in veg again at the rate she's going. Her partner will kill her at some point when his house looks like a marijuana rainforest from top to bottom.

Too many plants can be detrimental to your grow. If you don't have the space then airflow can be a real problem. Doesn't seem like a big deal but when you're halfway through flower and they are all touching, the chance of mold goes way up. Such a waste to lose plants at 3/4 of the way through the grow. All that time gone. I know you've got multiple rooms so you are fine but maybe for a newer grower that doesn't have 4 rooms to grow in or that much equipment they will think twice about it after reading this. Every new grower gets excited and starts popping beans and cloning. Then it's way too hard to not cut some down because of attachment issues.

Calcium based nutes are perfect for hydro mediums. Because the uptake is so fast there is no chance of calcium or magnesium toxicity at the root zone. You can overdo it with soil though and actually cause problems if you aren't careful. I'm sure most nutrient lines account for this but if I were growing in soil I wouldn't be adding any cal-mag to a calcium based nute line.

Pennywise pretty much got me to start running my PH higher than recommended for my coco a long time ago. I usually am in the 6-6.2 range on PH. If you read the internet it will tell you 5.5-5.8 and lots of people run into cal-mag issues at that PH. I pretty much stay at 6.0 in flower to help with the absorption of phosphorous.

I'll be making a .pdf this year that will be like writing a book on modern, indoor LED growing. Not that I'm really qualified to do so but I just have too much information all over the place in my journals and want to get it all together for new growers. I'm going to start working on that when I get back from my vacation! I'm thinking it will be about 75-100 pages with pictures. I really enjoy doing that kind of stuff and have gotten away from it. Not too many people asking questions or for help anymore so I should have the time to do so now. Most people that were interested in the way I grow have gotten the hang of it and are now showing other people in their threads. Now they are the ones fielding questions so I can just sit back and watch. ;)

Lol, so no more plants! Got it;) looks like your gf has the right touch, excellent .

I'd buy your PDF book and I'm sure a lot more would too. That's a great idea Ase! Thanks for the reminder about PH...I have been ignoring the ph down and leaving it about 6.1 so I'm glad that's fine.

How's hot weather?

Lol, so no more plants! Got it;) looks like your gf has the right touch, excellent .

I'd buy your PDF book and I'm sure a lot more would too. That's a great idea Ase! Thanks for the reminder about PH...I have been ignoring the ph down and leaving it about 6.1 so I'm glad that's fine.

How's hot weather?

Pretty terrible ;) My view right now. Doesn't even get below 65 at night. It'd be nice to be sipping on one of your special coffees right now watching the sun rise!

Pretty terrible ;) My view right now. Doesn't even get below 65 at night. It'd be nice to be sipping on one of your special coffees right now watching the sun rise!
b2392c93b6d741f7bf85d5a66f2fb1d5.jpg

Don't worry, I'm not too jealous...we will get into sunsets and canna lattes together in a few months! .

Newty is constantly running into this first world problem. She's got no room as is and is still popping more beans! Crazy girl. At least she has Swagg to give stuff to. He may never have to run a plant in veg again at the rate she's going. Her partner will kill her at some point when his house looks like a marijuana rainforest from top to bottom.

Too many plants can be detrimental to your grow. If you don't have the space then airflow can be a real problem. Doesn't seem like a big deal but when you're halfway through flower and they are all touching, the chance of mold goes way up. Such a waste to lose plants at 3/4 of the way through the grow. All that time gone. I know you've got multiple rooms so you are fine but maybe for a newer grower that doesn't have 4 rooms to grow in or that much equipment they will think twice about it after reading this. Every new grower gets excited and starts popping beans and cloning. Then it's way too hard to not cut some down because of attachment issues.

Calcium based nutes are perfect for hydro mediums. Because the uptake is so fast there is no chance of calcium or magnesium toxicity at the root zone. You can overdo it with soil though and actually cause problems if you aren't careful. I'm sure most nutrient lines account for this but if I were growing in soil I wouldn't be adding any cal-mag to a calcium based nute line.

Pennywise pretty much got me to start running my PH higher than recommended for my coco a long time ago. I usually am in the 6-6.2 range on PH. If you read the internet it will tell you 5.5-5.8 and lots of people run into cal-mag issues at that PH. I pretty much stay at 6.0 in flower to help with the absorption of phosphorous.

I'll be making a .pdf this year that will be like writing a book on modern, indoor LED growing. Not that I'm really qualified to do so but I just have too much information all over the place in my journals and want to get it all together for new growers. I'm going to start working on that when I get back from my vacation! I'm thinking it will be about 75-100 pages with pictures. I really enjoy doing that kind of stuff and have gotten away from it. Not too many people asking questions or for help anymore so I should have the time to do so now. Most people that were interested in the way I grow have gotten the hang of it and are now showing other people in their threads. Now they are the ones fielding questions so I can just sit back and watch. ;)
Yea I usually run 3 rooms I have 5 if needed I didn't expect all clones to make it but they did and did great one clone fimmed itself and it's growing so fast if Amare room is full it will be flipped early next week after bottom clean up, my autos are all in flower stage except 1 Skylar white, and my electric bill is still good I didn't expect my heavyweight auto to get 5 ft tall crazy she stretch and kept stretching today I am gonna clean some bottom branches off and let the tops get all the nutes and watch them swell up it's crazy bc same strain one no stretch the other is huge I love DWC and auro

Looks like she is learning quick. I can't wait to try this.

I'm excited to watch you try it. It really doesn't matter who does a quadline, I get excited when I see those four branches pinned down like that. It was extra special to see her doing it.

I was really nervous to share the training method I came up with and my feed schedule. The last thing I wanted is for someone to try and have it not work and blame me for it. Now I've seen 10-15 people use it across multiple mediums and to see them so happy and other people commenting on how great it looks. Then passing that knowledge on to them. Makes me feel really good. I just want people to have success and maximize the fruits of their hard work.

Man Ase I think the quad line sets ya up for success. That's what I did with my white widow I'm flipping on the 10 th. Might not be with your precision but it really opens up the plant. Have fun on your vacation. Looking beautiful where your at

Man Ase I think the quad line sets ya up for success. That's what I did with my white widow I'm flipping on the 10 th. Might not be with your precision but it really opens up the plant. Have fun on your vacation. Looking beautiful where your at

I agree ;)

Then again I'm a little biased. There are so many variations that you can do with it too. Gonna be a big section of my book thing that I'm gonna start working on.

Just to make it clear I'm not writing the book because I think I'm qualified or know more than everyone else. I just don't want to have information all over the place and I don't see how I can put it altogether in a post here.

I agree ;)

Then again I'm a little biased. There are so many variations that you can do with it too. Gonna be a big section of my book thing that I'm gonna start working on.

Just to make it clear I'm not writing the book because I think I'm qualified or know more than everyone else. I just don't want to have information all over the place and I don't see how I can put it altogether in a post here.
It's proven to work. Really glad newty decided to try it out. Looking forward to it write up.

Hey Ase!

Just wanted to drop in and say congrats on the big win :woohoo:
Thats a beautiful view you posted there! PCH? Anyways hope all is well. It was pretty neat to see your lady went for the quadline too lol. Good call :thumb:

Hey Ase!

Just wanted to drop in and say congrats on the big win :woohoo:
Thats a beautiful view you posted there! PCH? Anyways hope all is well. It was pretty neat to see your lady went for the quadline too lol. Good call :thumb:

Thanks TMD! I'm on the PC but not in the contiguous 48 states ;)

All is very well and I'm excited to get back to my girl and my plants but it's been very nice to be in the warmer weather and break from the normal routine.

Back
Top Bottom