Ase's Perpetual Fun With Coco

On a completely unrelated note - I might have to move up that 4/20 harvest we've talked about up by 5 days or so...

All good. I'll harvest when mine are ready. 70ish days is usually where I am at and that just so happens to be 4/20. I'm meeting up with Newty that week and I have some other things I will be attending on 4/20 so I doubt I'll even be home but should be pulling them down around there.

I know you'll be starting seeds soon. I think I decided on going with the 4 best plants I've grown to date. One of those is Chemdawg. I'll likely start them after I flip on the 10th so if you choose Chemdawg, we will be growing the same strain together. Don't know when you plan on dropping your seeds but it'd be fun to watch the difference between the two grown at about the same time.

Maybe one of us will grow a better Chemdawg plant than my runner up for plant of the year...
IMG_231318.JPG

All good. I'll harvest when mine are ready. 70ish days is usually where I am at and that just so happens to be 4/20. I'm meeting up with Newty that week and I have some other things I will be attending on 4/20 so I doubt I'll even be home but should be pulling them down around there.

I know you'll be starting seeds soon. I think I decided on going with the 4 best plants I've grown to date. One of those is Chemdawg. I'll likely start them after I flip on the 10th so if you choose Chemdawg, we will be growing the same strain together. Don't know when you plan on dropping your seeds but it'd be fun to watch the difference between the two grown at about the same time.

Maybe one of us will grow a better Chemdawg plant than my runner up for plant of the year...

I think it’s gotta be Chemdawg for that last spot - I was leaning towards Kosher Kush, but I’m not going to run out of heavy indica if I delay growing it by 2 months. And I can always run 2 heavy indica plants in my next run, or run some on the side. It’s just too good an opportunity to grow them in parallel.

Do you have an idea of when you’ll drop the seeds? I figured I’d time it pretty close to the flip for these plants, but don’t want to overdo it.

I think it’s gotta be Chemdawg for that last spot - I was leaning towards Kosher Kush, but I’m not going to run out of heavy indica if I delay growing it by 2 months. And I can always run 2 heavy indica plants in my next run, or run some on the side. It’s just too good an opportunity to grow them in parallel.

Do you have an idea of when you’ll drop the seeds? I figured I’d time it pretty close to the flip for these plants, but don’t want to overdo it.

I'll drop them on Sunday the 11th. I'll be back just in time to flip the one tent on the 10th and then I'll drop them the next day.

I'll drop them on Sunday the 11th. I'll be back just in time to flip the one tent on the 10th and then I'll drop them the next day.

Alright - I'll do the same then. Pink Kush / White Widow / Green Crack / Chemdawg. What are your other 3? Purple Envy, White Rhino, and what was the 4th? Gorilla Glue?

Beautiful plants Ase. I definitely still have my eye on that anubis. I'm hoping to pop my 4 beans in the next few weeks. I might be moving to a new spot soon, and then I will have plenty of space and power. Then I will pop everything I have. Ok... maybe not everything.

My blue dreams also stretched like motherf#ckers. Moderate yield though. Very tasty with a nice high.

Alright - I'll do the same then. Pink Kush / White Widow / Green Crack / Chemdawg. What are your other 3? Purple Envy, White Rhino, and what was the 4th? Gorilla Glue?

Purple Envy, White Rhino, Chemdawg and likely Super Iced Grapefruit. The one Super Iced I have going now just looks exactly how I like it to be.

I'll probably start the Gorilla Glue soon after and use it as a mother. It's my favorite stain ever so I'm going to clone it a bunch to keep it around once I plant it.

Beautiful plants Ase. I definitely still have my eye on that anubis. I'm hoping to pop my 4 beans in the next few weeks. I might be moving to a new spot soon, and then I will have plenty of space and power. Then I will pop everything I have. Ok... maybe not everything.

My blue dreams also stretched like motherf#ckers. Moderate yield though. Very tasty with a nice high.

Thanks Blaze! Hopefully this new spot and transition doesn't have as many problems as this old one seemed to have.

I anticipate that my Blue Dream is going to be the exact same. Thanks for stopping in man!

Sitting by the pool on my vacation and realized I took bounce back pictures and never posted them. Made it safe and sound and here is my view.

1f8997679f769de98e6046ad384e60d0.jpg

Here was the defoliation a couple days ago.
2f9af6cd90cde16bf2da7f65d017d0a7.jpg

The bounce back 24 hours later (yesterday). I won't be posting anymore day after bounce backs as this was the final big defoliation in veg.
fc058d6e25ec549d2667aa6eee8928cd.jpg

I won't be posting pictures for a week but I'll be around. I'll be living vicariously through everyone else's journals since I can't see my own!

Last picture from my flower tent so I can use it for reference. Did a touch of defoliation and you can see the bud stacking everywhere. Should look great when I get back if all goes well.
e7470fd9f7abbd8fff547d6caab7d31d.jpg

Nice spot to chill for a week. I used to go somewhere warm during the winter for a break but found out that when I come home i get depressed with the rest of the winter. We don't really warm up here until well into late April.

Plants are looking great as always. Enjoy your time away.

It’s going to be odd to not be able to compare for the next week. I’ll take a few fans and bend a few stalks but won’t do a lot more than that. Still, the results of my daily tweaking vs your au naturale approach are going to be fun to see next Saturday when you’re back. Your plants are looking great, that has to have you feeling good about leaving them.

Enjoy your vacation, although selfishly I’m looking forward to your return!

Nice spot to chill for a week. I used to go somewhere warm during the winter for a break but found out that when I come home i get depressed with the rest of the winter. We don't really warm up here until well into late April.

Plants are looking great as always. Enjoy your time away.

For me, work is insane up until this point. We just got through the holidays and I can't take vacations during those. Then we clean up and there is a little lull and that's usually when I go on vacation. Usually when I come back the weather is still cold but it warms up a little bit and that is enough for me to start getting back outside again. Even with a little rain.

I see you got another tent. The flexibility is really nice and it also helps cut times between grows down. I'm a patient person but if I only had one tent at a time I'd go nuts. Even though it's more work, I like having something to always be doing.

Damn that plant in the back right is so much taller lol

I wish I could leave for more than 24 hours but I don't trust anyone to watch my garden .

That pool looks like a good place to chill after a nice medicating sesh! Enjoy your get away homie!
:passitleft:

Damn that plant in the back right is so much taller lol

I wish I could leave for more than 24 hours but I don't trust anyone to watch my garden .

That pool looks like a good place to chill after a nice medicating sesh! Enjoy your get away homie!
:passitleft:

I try to make things as easy as possible for my friends who help. I make up all my buckets in advance and they just have to water the amount I say. The part that makes me nervous is that I am more free spirited in my growing than I used to be. I relatively follow my schedule but I grow by feel now and obviously he won't have that touch. I vowed when I started that I wouldn't let growing keep me from doing the things I normally do. If they all fall over and die than so be it. I can't say it's not constantly in the back of my head while I'm gone though. I really don't trust anyone either. I imagine on a much smaller scale that this is like taking your children to daycare for the first time or something. A little anxiety for sure, but I get more and more used to it.

Because I've now invested in pretty good equipment all around I don't worry about it breaking or not working. It also makes the whole setup easy to use with the way I have things on racks and such. Almost foolproof if you know how to "water the plants in this tent with a full pitcher", and most people can handle that.

Here is the downside. I'm not adventurous enough to take stuff to medicate with on an airplane. It's not legal where I am at either so it's a sober week for me. The only one out of the whole year. It's good to clear the brain and reset the tolerance once a year as this is the only time that ever happens for me ;).

For me, work is insane up until this point. We just got through the holidays and I can’t take vacations during those. Then we clean up and there is a little lull and that’s usually when I go on vacation. Usually when I come back the weather is still cold but it warms up a little bit and that is enough for me to start getting back outside again. Even with a little rain.

I see you got another tent. The flexibility is really nice and it also helps cut times between grows down. I’m a patient person but if I only had one tent at a time I’d go nuts. Even though it’s more work, I like having something to always be doing.

I hear you on the work schedule. Our busiest time of the year is from right before the holidays until April and I am fine with that because after that the weather starts to break and I can get outside. It's been very cold this year and it started earlier than normal. I am already getting stir crazy. :)

Yup I had to get another tent set up. It just takes to long with only one. Even if it's small it will allow me to start plants in it. That beats the waiting for one tent to clear before even starting another grow.

Sitting by the pool on my vacation and realized I took bounce back pictures and never posted them. Made it safe and sound and here is my view.

1f8997679f769de98e6046ad384e60d0.jpg

Here was the defoliation a couple days ago.
2f9af6cd90cde16bf2da7f65d017d0a7.jpg

The bounce back 24 hours later (yesterday). I won’t be posting anymore day after bounce backs as this was the final big defoliation in veg.
fc058d6e25ec549d2667aa6eee8928cd.jpg

I won’t be posting pictures for a week but I’ll be around. I’ll be living vicariously through everyone else’s journals since I can’t see my own!

Last picture from my flower tent so I can use it for reference. Did a touch of defoliation and you can see the bud stacking everywhere. Should look great when I get back if all goes well.
e7470fd9f7abbd8fff547d6caab7d31d.jpg

Wonderful! Great job!

Back
Top Bottom