Ase's Perpetual Fun With Coco

Always good to get away for a while. A mind reset is a good thing

Yeah. Vacations are nice for that. The best way I know to reset my internal clock is to go on a hike and get to the top of a mountain and you can see across for hundreds of miles. You can also look down and see the birds flying below you and deer and things walking down a mountainside. Smoke a bowl and sit back for an hour or two.

The feeling is unmatched but a trip to a tropical place helps! I didn't get to do a ton of backpacking this last year so I needed something. I was going a little crazy. This trip is with family and can be a little hectic at times and I'm a very relaxed person so I took a break and sat on the coastline and watched the sun light the sky on fire as it went down. It really helped.

Damn man that is awesome. A little thunderstorm over the open water. Smell of salt, sounds of birds and waves crashing on the beach. Glad you are enjoying your time away from the rat race.

Damn man that is awesome. A little thunderstorm over the open water. Smell of salt, sounds of birds and waves crashing on the beach. Glad you are enjoying your time away from the rat race.

Yes to all of that... however when the sun went down a few minutes later the bugs swarmed the coastline like crazy and I was surrounded by like a couple hundred or so frogs that were the size of a fist or larger. Really had to watch my step on the way back to the timeshare not to squish any. None of my pictures turned out as it was way too dark but pretty cool experience.

Edit: How many people made a fist to get a size comparison? ;)

Yes to all of that... however when the sun went down a few minutes later the bugs swarmed the coastline like crazy and I was surrounded by like a couple hundred or so frogs that were the size of a fist or larger. Really had to watch my step on the way back to the timeshare not to squish any. None of my pictures turned out as it was way too dark but pretty cool experience.

Edit: How many people made a fist to get a size comparison? ;)
Ok I did

Kind of scary having hundreds of them.

It was pretty scary in the dark and with an insane amount of bugs flying all over. Felt like the story in the Bible with all the locust and frogs. Moses and the Pharaoh if I remember right from my childhood days? Let my people go!

A week without weed and you’re talking about writing books! :laugh:

Obviously this kind of thing would be well received Ase. Proof is in the results, the system you use works, and the information you’ll put into it is probably half written in some cases throughout your journals. So it makes sense. If you need any guest writers to weigh in on specific topics I’m not hard to find!

A week without weed and you're talking about writing books! :laugh:

Obviously this kind of thing would be well received Ase. Proof is in the results, the system you use works, and the information you'll put into it is probably half written in some cases throughout your journals. So it makes sense. If you need any guest writers to weigh in on specific topics I'm not hard to find!

I will need pictures and personal testaments would be a good thing for sure. I also plan on asking a few people for excerpts as well. It's going to take a little while and I am not only going to to focus on my style but others. It was always hard for me to find stuff on how to start a grow indoors and what are the options depending on your situation. A more plan the whole thing out based on your needs and space kind of book. Going to start from scratch though and not try to use my old stuff. Some of it needs a little updating and a little more thoroughness for my liking.

I will likely need guest writers for specific topics but I'll lay it all out and ask for help after I get a better idea.

You have my endorsement. I will provide you with all the pictures you need in regards to doing what you're not supposed to do. LOL I think the best advice you can give is to not overcrowd plants and train them early. I don't think that is clear enough to newbies like myself. Shit stings every day for me right now. I wish someone made it clear that these crazy things will double and tripple in size during the stretch. This can lead to rot, poor light penatration and maintenance nightmares.

You have my endorsement. I will provide you with all the pictures you need in regards to doing what you're not supposed to do. LOL I think the best advice you can give is to not overcrowd plants and train them early. I don't think that is clear enough to newbies like myself. Shit stings every day for me right now. I wish someone made it clear that these crazy things will double and tripple in size during the stretch. This can lead to rot, poor light penatration and maintenance nightmares.

Hah. People would die to have your first grow. However there is some truth to needing pictures that show how things shouldn't be done. Visuals are the best way to really see what I mean when I say things. I'm pretty in tune with everyone's journals and I'll likely need examples of all sorts of things for everyone. My short term memory sucks but once it's in my head I have an uncanny ability to remember who made that mistake and about when it happened.

I'll also ask questions here and have people PM me the answers so I can read them all and see if there is commonality in them. I'm starting with the basics though and I'll likely need the examples as I break things down. I get home and flip my plants tomorrow and then start my next round of girls the next day. Then the planning begins!

Hah. People would die to have your first grow. However there is some truth to needing pictures that show how things shouldn’t be done. Visuals are the best way to really see what I mean when I say things. I’m pretty in tune with everyone’s journals and I’ll likely need examples of all sorts of things for everyone. My short term memory sucks but once it’s in my head I have an uncanny ability to remember who made that mistake and about when it happened.

I’ll also ask questions here and have people PM me the answers so I can read them all and see if there is commonality in them. I’m starting with the basics though and I’ll likely need the examples as I break things down. I get home and flip my plants tomorrow and then start my next round of girls the next day. Then the planning begins!

In all honesty though growing in coco is easy. A ph pen and an ex/tds meter is all you need with a good nuitrent program which are offerend by a number of suppliers and you're golden. You can't over water it and you can fush it if you get something out of whack. Most issues i see people having are with soil and DWC.

What people should focus on is germination to flip. Training and defolation are huge areas to make mistakes and you have that stuff down pat.

In all honesty though growing in coco is easy. A ph pen and an ex/tds meter is all you need with a good nuitrent program which are offerend by a number of suppliers and you're golden. You can't over water it and you can fush it if you get something out of whack. Most issues i see people having are with soil and DWC.

What people should focus on is germination to flip. Training and defolation are huge areas to make mistakes and you have that stuff down pat.

It's all easy honestly. Coco and DWC apply the same concepts. Living organic soil without nutrient bottles is the hardest in my opinion. Once you understand what you are doing and why and when, you can almost do anything.

Too many people just follow directions and don't think for themselves and I don't blame them but you'll never maximize your potential doing it that way. My writing will give a pretty generic view on all mediums and not tell people to do one or the other but rather give them things to think about. I may not have used DWC but I've seen enough journals to know the common problems to where I feel like I can speak on that. This will really focus on planning and training though. Also a lot on what a plant needs at what point in the grow in terms of nutrient ratios.

Hah. People would die to have your first grow. However there is some truth to needing pictures that show how things shouldn't be done. Visuals are the best way to really see what I mean when I say things. I'm pretty in tune with everyone's journals and I'll likely need examples of all sorts of things for everyone. My short term memory sucks but once it's in my head I have an uncanny ability to remember who made that mistake and about when it happened.

I'll also ask questions here and have people PM me the answers so I can read them all and see if there is commonality in them. I'm starting with the basics though and I'll likely need the examples as I break things down. I get home and flip my plants tomorrow and then start my next round of girls the next day. Then the planning begins!

Safe travels home! Can't wait to see pics of all the girls.. my girls have been so great, Swaggs let us borrow his fancy light. I can't wait them beef up to Ase size plants ..

Also if your dropping your super star line up of beans, we might flower together again...depending on your timelines.

Safe travels home! Can't wait to see pics of all the girls.. my girls have been so great, Swaggs let us borrow his fancy light. I can't wait them beef up to Ase size plants ..

Also if your dropping your super star line up of beans, we might flower together again...depending on your timelines.

Thanks Newty! I'm hoping to get some stuff up tonight but we will see. I hate defoliating right before a flip but I have an odd feeling I am going to need to. I'll know more in about 12 hours! Scared and excited all at the same time. Anxiety is finally kicking in a bit but glad it didn't start any earlier than this on my vacation. Have to get a post up in the new 4/20 journal so I can be shown up by Dobe, Derby and Swagg. It's an incredible lineup of growers there.

Beans get dropped tomorrow for the new grow and it's been pretty fun that people are joining along with my timelines so we can grow together. Two different flip journals and likely a 3rd one if we grow together again. Can't see you not making a group for it ;). I believe Dobe will be along for that one too. I can just sit back now and watch y'all teach and help people. Been seeing a lot of new people try quadlining and credit goes to you guys for that. Pay it forward, that's the way it should be!

That new light Swagg is letting you use is going to give you appropriate light in that tent now! What a good dude. Light, environment, grower experience and now you have all 3!

Thanks Newty! I'm hoping to get some stuff up tonight but we will see. I hate defoliating right before a flip but I have an odd feeling I am going to need to. I'll know more in about 12 hours! Scared and excited all at the same time. Anxiety is finally kicking in a bit but glad it didn't start any earlier than this on my vacation. Have to get a post up in the new 4/20 journal so I can be shown up by Dobe, Derby and Swagg. It's an incredible lineup of growers there.

Beans get dropped tomorrow for the new grow and it's been pretty fun that people are joining along with my timelines so we can grow together. Two different flip journals and likely a 3rd one if we grow together again. Can't see you not making a group for it ;). I believe Dobe will be along for that one too. I can just sit back now and watch y'all teach and help people. Been seeing a lot of new people try quadlining and credit goes to you guys for that. Pay it forward, that's the way it should be!

That new light Swagg is letting you use is going to give you appropriate light in that tent now! What a good dude. Light, environment, grower experience and now you have all 3!

Sorry to hear about your anxiety I get it. All the girls will be glad to see you when you get home, including your gf I'm sure! Once you see them all you will feel better;)

You know me so well. I'd love another chance to grow with you and add Dobe, I'm so down...let's have a quad off Thanks for the props, I'm just giving out what you gave to me for free so it's kind of cool for you to see I bet!

Oh that light is rocking the girls world, let me tell you! We will pay him back with a bountiful harvest and huge WW Xtrm weed sticks! Lol

Back
Top Bottom