Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Is it weird my grow room has a "fruity" smell? When I don't go in there for a long time I come back and find a fruity smell and I doubt it's coming from anywhere else in the house am I going crazy

Is this a herm??
420-magazine-mobile68592173.jpg
420-magazine-mobile69780868.jpg
420-magazine-mobile684483791.jpg

Hey I was just wondering if anyone had any information on how often to water seedlings that haven't sprouted yet. They are currently in jiffy pellets. I'm guessing I should wait until they dry out a bit to water again. But roughly how many times per day do you think I should be watering? Thanks in advance :)

Never let seedlings dry out, keep em wet, I water mine every morning in my jiffy plugs until I put them in cups. After they are in cups I still keep them moist but I water by weight, when the cup feels lighter I water again because I use coco. If you put them in dirt from root plug then you want them to dry out more.

its abit high and i wonder why it drifts up ... cocos should be perfectly ph neutral ... did you ad micorrhyza ??
i wouldnt go lower then 5.5 on the feeds and i believe the upper limit for cocos is 6.1 ish
I grow exclusively in coco and let my PH drift between 5.6-6.3. The more airy your substrate is, the higher ph it can handle. I use at least 30% perlite mixed into my coco coir. Seedlings I keep to around 5.8. After that I let it drift up and down between 5.8 to 6.3 so it is able to absorb different elements in the nutes. From mid flower onwards, I tend to keep it at 6.2-6.3 and always get great results.

Any one know any way i could could cover the smell of my plants?
Go with an air scrubber it's an inline fan with a carbon filter on it. If you have a HID light you can even set it up to disperse heat from the light while filtering the smell all at once. Multiply LxWxH of your grow space and find a fan with compribale CFM or cubic feet per minute air exchange. Exchanging the air in your growspace every minute is a good aim. Also take into account the filter lowers CFM as well ass ducting with long lengths and sharp turns hope this helps! Grow on and grow strong!

Regarding regular/feminized seeds (not autos) what's a good number of times to up-pot? I've gotten several different pot sizes and plan to flower them in 250mm pots (unsure of how many liters/gallons). I've got seedling pots which I'll use for seedlings/clones, then I have 125mm and 175mm pots with the 250mm being the final ones. Would up-potting 3 times, from initial seedling pot to 125mm to 175mm to 250mm be to much?

Just G00gle carbon filter and inline fan. All the normal online retailers offer good options for low price mixed flow fans offer lower noise output but typically cost more. Avoid the cheap metal tubes with a fan in them, as they are only beneficial for duct boosting when ducting must travel long distances and or sharp turns.

Indoor or outdoor?
Outdoors try growing fragrant plants around your grow (lavendar, rosemary etc).
Indoors: use a tent with extractor fan and carbon filter. You could also use ona gel or similar, but best is carbon filter.

I tend to use a filter with skunky plants. Most indica dominant strains (e.g. northern lights) don't warrant the use of a filter imo.

I got 2 seedlings that looked like they were twisting a lil. Maybe genetics. There mephisto autoflowers Livers'N'Cheese. I thought ph or heat. But then i thought there young still wait it out a few days n see what happens. Any thoughts?

420-magazine-mobile1246514047.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1781343710.jpg

yeah looks like a pollen sack to me.

I'm going to keeping monitoring it if it it's it's got to go immediately I have other healthy plants without those odd pod shaped growth.
So upset, I've only seen it on one branch is it ok to just cut that one off? This would be the second time this happens but last time as much as I tried to remove pollen sacs it didn't do anything in the end the pollen always wins

yeah looks like a pollen sack to me.

Couple more pics, growth hasn't changed since last night. I have s jewelers loop and I can't see the little "stem" that is said to be visible in male preflower, but to be honest it doesn't look like calyx either.. everywhere else on the plant that can have pistils basically dies by now my third week of flower begins tomorrow, I've been vigilant and have not seen a pollen sac as of yet

Couple more pics, growth hasn't changed since last night. I have s jewelers loop and I can't see the little "stem" that is said to be visible in male preflower, but to be honest it doesn't look like calyx either.. everywhere else on the plant that can have pistils basically dies by now my third week of flower begins tomorrow, I've been vigilant and have not seen a pollen sac as of yet

420-magazine-mobile769535903.jpg
420-magazine-mobile226432557.jpg

I got 2 seedlings that looked like they were twisting a lil. Maybe genetics. There mephisto autoflowers Livers'N'Cheese. I thought ph or heat. But then i thought there young still wait it out a few days n see what happens. Any thoughts?

420-magazine-mobile1246514047.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1781343710.jpg
Twisted looking seedling are ok. I call those mutants. Once they grow more they will look normal. But the white color on your second pic looks like the start of light burn.

Back
Top Bottom