Aspen's Top Feed Undercurrent RDWC Blue Dream

I have a couple pics of the ones I use in my journal from yesterday

Your TDS and EC is the same one I have, it's just a different color. I'm going to pull it out now and give it a good rinse/clean then soak it in the 1500PPM solution for a while and see what happens. If it's not corrected by tomorrow, I'll just send it back. If it corrects, I should be able to cancel the refund.

I run two bluelab products:
-Guardian Connect: this measures EC,
PPM, PH, Water Temps
-Guardian PH Controller Connect: this measures water temp and PH, and has a peristaltic pump that will automatically dose the reservoir with EITHER a PH UP or Down formula. You can set the range of PH fluctuation you want to allow as well as high watermark and low watermark alarms to alert you if things are getting wonky.

In my case I never need PH UP, only down due to my water. Here’s how it looks from my phone/ app.

You’ll be all good man, don’t stress too much or be a helicopter parent to your plant :)

That's an awesome setup, and for sure the end goal for me. Very cool. And you're right about stressing about the plant, I need another hobby to take my mind off this one :p

Weird lighting, but it's registering at 1786 PPM. I also got a shot of my weather station to prove temperature.

The Outdoor is tied to a sensor in the tent, and Indoor is the surrounding closet space.

We'll see what it registers in a few hours/overnight.

Day 13 / 7 Veg:

PH: 6.5
PPM: ?
Water Temp: 74F
Tent Temp: 75F - 81F
RH: 37% - 43%

Bad news first: I broke a 5 finger leaf off of the third node. Last few days I've been lightly pressing the nodes down, flattening them out. This encourages build-up at the node, and creates shorter inter-nodal spacing. For a tall strain like Blue Dream, I figured that was a good idea. Now? Maybe not so much. I'm not worried about it, and I know it happens to everyone. I'll just need to be even more careful from now on. Shit happens.

Work commenced on the 10 gallon total recirculating system. I can't wait to have this built this week. As you see, my PH is at 6.5 again. I know this is the upper limit of what's acceptable, so I'm not super worried about it. I corrected down to 5.7.

I don't know about the PPMs anymore. I turned on the meter and it's reading 1833 in the 1500 calibration fluid. No need to leave it in the solution overnight, because it's climbing anyway. It's now packaged and ready for a return. I'll need to decide on a meter in the next few days once the refund comes back. Until then, I can't measure PPMs, and will just have to go by the color of the plant.

Speaking of, I can 100% say with certainty she's recovering from the low PH problem a few days ago. The yellowing is fading away and being replaced with deeper tones of green. I'm kinda bummed about that fan leaf, especially because I planned on mainlining on the third node. I'm going to let it go to 6 nodes and make a determination on where I want to start the mainline.

If it won’t level off something wrong with it and the next you get test it in the solution. I watch a demo on the blue lab the guy tested it right out the box right on !

Yeah, it'll be quite a while before my wife will go for the Guardian, but maybe someday. Until then I'm going to get the HM Digital AP-1. Pretty much the exact same thing I already had, but it can be calibrated.

Hello Aspen and Welcome to 420mag!

I really would like to follow your journey and I'd like to ask you to jump over and follow my new journal also. I've just started my very first DWC journal myself. 1 Humboldt Blue Dream and 1 Pineapple Chunk. You seem to have a bit of the same set up and I would really appreciate it if you wouldn't mind helping me out. I've been growing awhile in promix and soil now, but this my first hydro grow and I've been in hiatus from 420mag for a bit too. Big shout out to PW!!!! YOU ARE MY SAVIOR SIR!! Please come save me once again!!! These beautiful souls on here will definitely guide you in right direction. Good luck.

I really would like to follow your journey and I'd like to ask you to jump over and follow my new journal also. I've just started my very first DWC journal myself. 1 Humboldt Blue Dream and 1 Pineapple Chunk. You seem to have a bit of the same set up and I would really appreciate it if you wouldn't mind helping me out. I've been growing awhile in promix and soil now, but this my first hydro grow and I've been in hiatus from 420mag for a bit too. Big shout out to PW!!!! YOU ARE MY SAVIOR SIR!! Please come save me once again!!! These beautiful souls on here will definitely guide you in right direction. Good luck.

Hey Joe! Welcome aboard and the more the merrier. I'll definitely stop by your log and check it out. Are you going to put the link in your sig when you start it? Or is it already started?

Hey JD, glad your back

Day 14 / 8 Veg:

PH: 6.1
PPM: ?
Water Temp: 72
Tent Temp: 74F - 81F
RH: 37% - 43%

Sigh. I came home from work and one of the fan leaves on the second node has died. It wasn't attached to the main stem.

It's 100% my fault for attempting a light lst right now, and I'm only talking pushing the leaves open a tad to open up the node site. Is she going to live from this? I'm not bummed if I have to start over. Live and learn! And I'm patient. I'm going to wait until others here let me know whether or not to start over, or until Sunday night. I'll determine then if the structure is going to support a mainline or not.

I completed the RDWC system. It's drying out right now for a few hours, then I'll put in around 7 gallons and watch it for a few hours before bed. I want it to run over night and until I come home tomorrow to dechlorinate. Then I'm going to mix up nutes, add my hydroguard, and switch her from the blue bucket she's been in, into the new system.

I really hope I didn't fuck up a mainline too bad, but I feel like I did. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Lesson learned, leave it alone this early.

Day 15 / 9 Veg:

New res system is leak free! I mixed up 1/2 tsp per gallon (for 7 gallons) of GH Flora Trio and then 2ml per gallon hydroguard. After all that, my water needed 22ml total PH Down to 5.8.

I got some blunt tip syringes (10ml) for pretty cheap, and it makes measuring out nutes a breeze.

I'm seeing some growth today, more so than yesterday. Maybe she was shocked and slowed for a bit. I'm hoping with the nutes, I'm going to see a lot more growth tomorrow. There's still a surprising amount of root development every day, so I know she's still trucking along. I'm hoping to buy the new TDS meter in the next few days, but until then, I'm going to have to just watch the color of the plant.

20181212_170342.jpg

I'm just going to pull her. It's only been two weeks, and there's too much structural damage to mainline. I have low head room, and don't care to scrog. Without a mainline I'm not going to hit my goal yield, so off she goes.

I'll be back in a week or so to update on the new plant. It'll be in the new res system from the get-go, and I'm not going to try some experimental lst. Live and learn.

Thanks for the help so far everyone! There'll be a short intermission here, but we'll be back to a grow in around a week or so.

Welcome Aboard th34v4t4r. I'm going to be waiting a few more days I'd say before I unveil the new plant. Everything is super standard at this point, but maybe this weekend I'll have an update and then I'll start doing daily updates.

In the mean time, everything is good. "Broke soil" a few days ago, and she's starting to pick up steam. Stay tuned for the official unveiling and more detailed update this weekend.

I'm growing a few Heisenberg ladies right now and one of the plants started real slow. I almost gave up on her but look at the change a month later. No trimming or LST like the other one. Sometimes plants just grow at their own schedule. Good luck with the next grow!IMG_20181118_150809966_HDR.jpgIMG_20181217_075619183_HDR.jpg

That's an impressive comeback, for sure. I'm only being nit-picky because I want to mainline the plant. The damage I had caused prevented me from doing that efficiently, so that's why I decided to start over after two weeks. It's only two weeks, and I learned a lot.

Welp, it's been just over a week since I started a new seed. I figure now is as good a time as any to pick the log back up and continue forward. I want to give a big thanks to everyone who helped me out during phase one, and I invite everyone to join me on what I've thought long and hard over the last two weeks to come up with...ready?

Phase 2

Original, I know.

Everything is super standard, so there isn't much to discuss. I watered the new res system and let it cycle for 24 hours while a new HSO fem Blue Dream seed was put in a wet paper towel, on a paper plate, and inside a gallon zip lock bag which was left open. Lights were raised to 30", set to 24 hour, and away we went.

Dec. 15th, 2018

Houston, we have liftoff.

Dec. 16th, 2018

Dec. 17th, 2018

Dec. 21st, 2018 --- Day 10 from seed

Both roots in the water now. I first saw an indication of roots exactly 2 days ago, so this root growth is faster than the last one so far.

My res temps are very high, sitting at 80F consistently. I bought some shiny insulation stuff and dressed up the bucket on the inside to see if temps would come down at all.

They haven't. If anything, they've gone up a degree. No matter, I'm leaning pretty heavily on the Hydroguard, and I'm confident it'll be doing it's job.

I've got a bucket of water sitting out overnight, as it's about a gallon down from when I filled it 10 days ago. I'm going to be adding Hydroguard to it and seedling nutes from the chart a few pages back. She's looking a touch pale at the moment.

I don't believe I'm going to be doing daily updates just yet. Definitely after the holidays I'll go back to daily updates. For now, it'll probably be once or twice a week until the first week a January.

Thanks for coming by!

Back
Top Bottom