Auto Growers Unite: A Community Thread

What cutting the leafs?

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

BINGO.....this:bong: is for you....lol

I was looking at my plant last night and had some leaves cover bud sites so I decided to trim the blades instead of removing the whole leaf. Is this any better than defol? Believe me, I don't have a problem with defol, just wondering if this is an o.k. alternative

:circle-of-love:

I was looking at my plant last night and had some leaves cover bud sites so I decided to trim the blades instead of removing the whole leaf. Is this any better than defol? Believe me, I don't have a problem with defol, just wondering if this is an o.k. alternative

Yea it's fine even tho I prefer to actually defol I've done this on a few of my autos with no ill affect .

Happy growing .

I have no clue.....im on defole mode rite now but it does still allow for light to get to your buds and cutting the tips also promotes root growth but to whats actually better I do not know but if I was in flower I would choose defole to allow better circulation and lower humidity us I feel as if it forces the energy to go to the buds buts thats just my opinion

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

I didn't think it would matter, I have just never seen anyone ask that question.

While we are on the subject of defol, correct me if I'm wrong ..Please. I'm just a rookie trying to gain as much knowledge as possible. When in flower the plants stops vegging and moves to flower, while in flower the only new growth is the buds flowering and any new leaf is bud leaf...correct. If in flower all the new leaf is bud leaf and you defol your fan leaves then how does the plant generate enough energy to make buds. I'm not talking about defol all the fan leaves but it would seem to me that bud leaf lacks the surface area to generate enough chloro to promote good growth therefore defol in flower would actually slow the budding process.

Just a thought.

One of my WW auto girls is not happy. Write-up is here:
[h=1]Possible nitrogen deficiency or transplant shock?

IMG_9722.PNG
[/h]

Hello all :ciao:

Lets take a test

Question for everyone....If you look closely at the pic below you can see what I did. Can you see it....if so, is this a better option?

20170115_223253.jpg

Let's see who can spot it.

Looks like you tried to tie down the branches with coat hanger wire, are you trying to scrog cause thats not te best way.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

I've almost completed my first Auto grow and I am a fan, these plants are just amazing and if you think the flavour and potency is not there think again, it's on par with some of the best I've had. My grow has been through summer and as you will see I've had no issues, 30deg c most days with 80% humidity most days, plenty of airflow is the secret. Check out my journey Stealthman's - DWC - Stealth Cab - SOG - Auto Afghan Mass - Northern Ligt - BDream

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

:helpsmilie:
Two days ago I noticed some of the older leaf tips starting to turn brown on the rim and yellow-ish around the middle of the leaves. Yesterday I noticed that some of the newer leaves are starting to do it and today I noticed the very newest growth is starting to show signs of turning yellow-ish.

Here's a pic of the biggest leaf damage:

Day_28_pics_001.JPG

Here are the latest stats from my most current readings:

pH: 6.1 on 1/15/17, lowered to 5.3 today (1/16/17)
PPM: 662

Nutrients: General Hydroponics Flora Series (Micro, Gro, and Bloom)
Additives: Rapid Start root enhancer, Floraliscious Plus (first used 2 days ago), Armor Si (first used 2 days ago)

I'm leaning towards a Potassium deficiency. My pH was consistently at or above 6.1 for a full week (since my last water change a week ago) and from what I read, if the pH doesn't get to 5.8 or below at least some of the time, then Potassium is locked out. Am I correct in thinking this?

Assuming I'm correct, I lowered the pH just now to 5.3 to give it lots of time to creep up above 5.8 again. Is this the best way to address the problem or does anyone else have any other suggestions?

I'm open to any and all feedback and thanks for taking the time to read this! Cheers peeps!

:thanks:
Can't give you an answer per say, but I'll give you my opinion. Let's start with the fainting yellow between the leaf's vains. That looks like the start of magnesium deficiency. The tips burning off like that is IMO nute burn with possible Ph fluctuation issues If they were clawing downward before they started dying, nitrogen toxic. If it were potassium deficiency all your edges would be raised and yellowing/burning. This will require more pics and more opinions to be sure. I'm not a DWC grower so I'm not sure about Ph levels and nutrients. I'm glad many folks have stepped in and gave a helping hand. :thumb:

I didn't think it would matter, I have just never seen anyone ask that question.

While we are on the subject of defol, correct me if I'm wrong ..Please. I'm just a rookie trying to gain as much knowledge as possible. When in flower the plants stops vegging and moves to flower, while in flower the only new growth is the buds flowering and any new leaf is bud leaf...correct. If in flower all the new leaf is bud leaf and you defol your fan leaves then how does the plant generate enough energy to make buds. I'm not talking about defol all the fan leaves but it would seem to me that bud leaf lacks the surface area to generate enough chloro to promote good growth therefore defol in flower would actually slow the budding process.
Just a thought.
Your quite the journeyman Bckush, make this your home for experimental ideas. I've only seen defoliation like that for clones. It's an ideal concept for experiment :thumb: my concern would be disease, idk what may come of it. Godspeed with your lab work doctor BCKush. :)

One of my WW auto girls is not happy. Write-up is here:
[h=1]Possible nitrogen deficiency or transplant shock?

IMG_9722.PNG
[/h]
I agree with your diagnosis Rider, she looks really pale in the greens. Up the nitrogen a tad, but don't overwhelm her.. She'll turn around for you ;)

I've almost completed my first Auto grow and I am a fan, these plants are just amazing and if you think the flavour and potency is not there think again, it's on par with some of the best I've had. My grow has been through summer and as you will see I've had no issues, 30deg c most days with 80% humidity most days, plenty of airflow is the secret.

Check out my journey Stealthman's - DWC - Stealth Cab - SOG - Auto Afghan Mass - Northern Ligt - BDream
You'll have to repost that link, we'd love to come see your garden Stealthman. Sounds like a great grow,

KIG :green_heart:cheers

fedfc2723b272801e39a0958daae3312.jpg

The leafs on my week old cannibis plants have turned white o don't think it's bugs I haven't started feeding them yet due to I don't know what to feed them other than tomato food any tips as to why they are turning white

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Just a thought.

You do still get some growth of leafs and fans in veg also. I know what you mean tho your wondering how they still manage to draw in the power they need threw the sugar leafs also don't be afraid to give them defols aslong as you have been giving them moderate defols from young they become really used to it and you can really help your buds get more light for a nice amount of growth and swell

Happy growing .

9659d5b77f57100b458cc5e26ea19b46.jpg

So update from my white leaves yesterday the white has now turned to brown and the end of my leaves are dieing HELP!!!!! I don't know what's wrong

I'm using good soil I know that it's lights I think ever since I started using cfl lights they grew this white stuff but I don't think cfl lights can do this I did lots of reasearch but I'm using a 9 wat normal grow light then three cfl 23 wat lights but whenever I use any of the cfl lights it does this but I don't think it's burning because I brought the temputer down to 23 degree celcus the other day

Back
Top Bottom