Auto Topping LED Grow

Hi Everyone , quite a few weeks since i have posted , i just needed a break from everything .
Hi Hemi , this problem that a lot of people have with over watering , including my self , was in my mind in need of some investigation .
I have got 10 plants at the moment , 3 blackberry cush , 1 blue automazar , 5 pineapple express , and 1 LSD 25 all grown under this method .
I wanted something simple that was aimed at Auto's .
You are using far too much water in one go too soon , and you should never feed to runoff in biobiz light mix .
All that happens is you wash all the nute's to the bottom eventually and then into your runoff bit by bit , this is what is up with your plant , over watered and starving .
I use 21ltr pots plastic not fabric , I tried fabric but threw them in the bin , dried out way too fast round the outside , so every time you feed and evaporate and feed , your just concentrating the nute's and when the roots finally get too the outside bingo , nute burn .
All i feed my seedlings is 200ml every two days from day 1 .
you will find this dampens the soil so the plant can take up all she needs at the ever deepening tip off the tap root , the pot will not start to feel lighter for 4 weeks give or take 3 days , trust me it's not about how big they are above ground at this point .
I monitor all my girls and 4 weeks + or - 3 day for the first dry pot tells me the roots are bang on .
You might say why should i listen to you , well shit plants last outing on here did my head in and thats why i had to take stock and sort my shit out . I now have ten plants with no ill signs and not one spot off tip burn .
I will update my own thread , actually no i'm going to start a new thread .
Beast mate , I hope your well
Hemi , good look .

It is amazing how easy it is to overwater when they are seedlings. I was doing the same with some regulars in solo cups. :rofl: Thanks for the info on watering with the Biobizz. I am germinating some more DP Auto Mazars now to see if I can do it right this time.

What are your temps and rh Hemi .
and if you have not watered again or flushed i would give 200ml of quarter strength nutes and full strength voodoo every 2 days .
As for dry pots , you will not know what a dry pot feels like until the roots are established enough to suck out all the moisture , about 4 weeks from seed .
you will be amazed how light they can get , eventually you will just know when to water by weight .
After 4 weeks i drench the pot with half strength nutes and full voodoo , at this point it should take 3 days till till dry again .
good luck

Humidity is steady between 60-70 % and temp goes between 20 & 24 degrees Celsius. I think my big mistake with the Biobizz was I saturated the pots real good before planting the first seed. From what you are telling me I should have put the seed in the soil straight out of the bag and then just used 200 ml to water each one. Starting another batch of these this week for an outdoor grow and will see how I do with this new info.

Then I am going back to hydro where overwatering has never been an issue for me. :rofl:

You can and should saturate completely! That is how you avoid dry spots and other associated issues such. did you ever feed any of the seedlings or just flush again or toss them?

Hi Hemi .
Sorry for any confusion, i soak my seeds for 24-48 hours until i see the tap root just showing.
Then i plant them 15mm deep and give 200ml every 2 days .
Oh and soaking the pot before 4 weeks or first dry day is pointless, the plants have not got a big enough root system to deal with this so you end up with the effects off over watering if your not careful.
Good look

200ml every 2 days seems a bit much. Once seeds have sprouted allow soil to become completely dry. I only found this out recently. Letting the soil dry out will let the roots grow faster as they search for water. Once dry then water with some run-off then let dry again then repeat. Each dry period will help roots grow faster. Hydro is different as they get plenty of oxygen while being sumberged in water.

Thanks for all the advice and information. It is always interesting to hear different growers techniques. As it is obvious to me that my method did not work so I am willing to listen to all info on working with Biobizz Light and seeds.

Now to hopefully return this thread back to thebeast who we all hope is doing okay out there somewhere. :rofl:

Good day all.a huge sorry to my followers for my absence.all kind words and thoughts appreciated growers thanks alot;) im back as from today il be here everyday like before to help share and answer questions for any1;) il put my new grow in sig shortly.and then let u all know.personal situations and shit along the way has been the reason of my absence.but all is good now .and the future is bright.happy growing every1;)

Good day all.a huge sorry to my followers for my absence.all kind words and thoughts appreciated growers thanks alot;) im back as from today il be here everyday like before to help share and answer questions for any1;) il put my new grow in sig shortly.and then let u all know.personal situations and shit along the way has been the reason of my absence.but all is good now .and the future is bright.happy growing every1;)
Praise the lord, thebeast has returned to us.:cheer: So nice to see you back, you had some of us concerned when you disappearred. Will be subbing in for your new grow soon.

Hemi thanks alot mate. Its great to be back. Sorry i had to leave for a bit.but wont happen again.all is good now.what u having problems with mate do tell?;)

Here are my new 2 subjects in my new grow in my sig;)
20160619_122337.JPG
20160619_122405.JPG
20160619_122425.JPG
automazar.and northern light blue automatic.will be topped and lstd into an army of colas.happy growing every1;)

Hemi thanks alot mate. Its great to be back. Sorry i had to leave for a bit.but wont happen again.all is good now.what u having problems with mate do tell?;)
I think I got it now mate. I was overwatering my Biobizz seedlings and they told me so. LOL I am so use to hydro that I got carried away with the water. Stunted them a little but they are coming back now. I setup a greenhouse on my property and put them inside with some regulars I have going. I will say this, autos are much more sensitive than regular seeds. My regulars were watered the same way and they didn't care. They are 30 cm tall and my autos are about 12.

Deprivation the automazar took alittle longer just to the stress of heavy training but she gave me 7 oz of bone dry beautiful buds to smoke mate;) so u should do well.thats why im growing another 1 ha ha;) yes plz

Back
Top Bottom