Auto Topping LED Grow

Hemi no i never get nute burn on my seedlings with biobizz mate.how much voodoo did u add? Just dont give anything else but water mate theyl soon green back up.biobizz is great soil.u dont need any nutes at all for about 4 to 5 weeks of life.but giving root stimulator was the right thing to do mate maybe just alittle to much.good job;) and best of luck.u gna love automazar;)

Will update this grow today and my 600hps autoxtreme grow.the thc bombs and the colorado cookie auto and chem city blue auto which i moved from this grow are now in a new tent under leds.all.to be revealed.happy growing every1;)

Good day all updatw time for these 3 ladies .is wednesday here in the uk.first here is auto night queen 8 weeks old today. a happy lady budding well;)
20160504_115358.JPG
20160504_115410.JPG
.and here is auto brooklyn sunrise 10 weeks old today 7 days left of life.some nice buds;)
20160504_115423.JPG
20160504_115435.JPG
20160504_115449.JPG
20160504_115504.JPG
.then we have automazar 11 weeks old today still budding away buds are really firm.and lots of bud sites this is good.;)
20160504_115520.JPG
20160504_115536.JPG
.and family shots;) no bad news all happy and healthy.
20160504_115553.JPG
20160504_115613.JPG
20160504_115627.JPG
.happy growing every1;)

Thanks Again man so glad you're finishing up the Mazar. I like your idea grow till the third node top at the first then top again pre flower 4 mains? Yours has thrived I wonder if the top would clone and still be as viable albeit the same maturity? Even a half plant would be worth the nutes maybe idk. DP Says that there are three known stable phenotypes. I have 28 mazar auto beans from herbies that cleared customs friday. What scent does yours show?

screenshot_361.jpg

Hey beast, would you take a look at this and see if you can tell how I screwed this up? I was trying to start some autos for outside in 7 liter fabric pots using Biobizz Light. Nothing was added to the soil except 1ml per liter of Voodoo when I soaked them the first time. Using 2 P300 LEDs which were 60 cm from the plants. I have since moved them up to 90 cm because at first I thought they were burning the girls. Since the I have just used distilled water when watering. Well I did throw them outside in a rain storm one night but rain water should not have caused this. It first showed on the DP Auto Mazar and now they are all showing it. Take a look at these pics, click for full size.

I am ready to scrape all of them and start over but need to figure out what is causing this issue.

Hey beast, would you take a look at this and see if you can tell how I screwed this up? I was trying to start some autos for outside in 7 liter fabric pots using Biobizz Light. Nothing was added to the soil except 1ml per liter of Voodoo when I soaked them the first time. Using 2 P300 LEDs which were 60 cm from the plants. I have since moved them up to 90 cm because at first I thought they were burning the girls. Since the I have just used distilled water when watering. Well I did throw them outside in a rain storm one night but rain water should not have caused this. It first showed on the DP Auto Mazar and now they are all showing it. Take a look at these pics, click for full size.

I am ready to scrape all of them and start over but need to figure out what is causing this issue.

That top right one in the second photo looks like textbook overwater how often do you water? lower foliage will yellow then die and plant droops pointing to roots. I would trim lower dead foliage and dry out it can take several wet dry cycles to recover . But I am not beast just an observer .

That top right one in the second photo looks like textbook overwater how often do you water? lower foliage will yellow then die and plant droops pointing to roots. I would trim lower dead foliage and dry out it can take several wet dry cycles to recover . But I am not beast just an observer .
I have only water a couple times and the first time was before any seed was put in the pot. The second was when the pot felt light but maybe I did it too soon. I'm watering until I get about 20% runoff which with 7 liter pots takes almost 2 liters. I am letting them dry out completely before I even try to water again, so hopefully they recover.

think also watering,

or maybe nutes?
Not sure about nutes. I used Biobizz Light because it was recommended to me by several here including thebeast. It is suppose to be good on nutes until you started flowering. So I have used only 0 ppm water on them so far. Although I was surprised by how much nutes are already in that mix. I believe my first water runoff the PPMs were around 1100.

Thanks to both of you for your input. This is my first time with girls in dirt inside the house. Normally grow hydro or just outside but was trying to get a jump on the outside since we can't plant until the end of May.

Again I have never grown in bio biz and overwatering ruled out they look like clones feeding on themselves and starving! I would bet my next crop they need food dont scrap them try and feed one . how old are they ?

Again I have never grown in bio biz and overwatering ruled out they look like clones feeding on themselves and starving! I would bet my next crop they need food dont scrap them try and feed one . how old are they ?
They are two weeks since they broke ground from a seed.

Still have not ruled out overwatering. For instance, I just got home from work and went to see the girls. Lifted some of them and they feel light to me and top inch is dry but below that seems wet. Using one of those 2 prong moisture readers it says all of them are wet. I might flush one just to see if it recovers or dies from overwatering.

Just for giggles I popped 6 bag seeds and will use same soil in solo cups under a T5 to see if they thrive or do the same as these others. At least it might rule out a problem with my lights.

Thanks for any and all thoughts, criticism, and suggestions. It's all a learning experience. I miss the good old days, when I lived in Florida and we would just throw out 10 seeds of some landrace strain in the back yard and wind up with 4 or 5 ten foot monsters that yeilded at least a pound each and would last us through the next year. :laughtwo:

I hope you dont consider anything I say to be criticism. I just ordered 28 auto mazars I want you to win or at least solve this it seems weird being two strains.

Hi Hemi,

I usually water only the center of the pot (3 gallon fabric) with my new beans. I give it a good water, maybe 1L, then just mist the soil on top until the seedlings pop soil. I don't give another watering until they have been in the soil for about 5-6 days, then still smaller amount around the center. Until they are at maybe 3-4 stages, I only water about ever 4-5 days, then I go by weight of the pot. I usually get to around every 2 days with full grown flowering plants.
I have been playing a bit of a game with myself. Its called "how long can I go between waterings"? :)

Hope this helps.

I would agree with the others in it possibly being overwatered. I grew hydro nft years ago so never had that problem and soil grows were experiments before hydro. If you got spare seeds to waste then you can afford to mess around with different problems - too much/little water, too much/little feed, how long will they go without water till they wilt etc. I am resisting the urge to water my recently transplanted plants. Soil is dry to the stage where it crumbly on top so will leave till wed (5 days after transplant) and give a good watering then. My other half decided to water the 2 stand alone plants in their own containers yesterday even though i said not to. Roots should grow quicker with drier soil.

I hope you dont consider anything I say to be criticism. I just ordered 28 auto mazars I want you to win or at least solve this it seems weird being two strains.
Nope your good. I meant that I welcome all comments, suggestions, and critisms. Nothing wrong with criticism when constructive. And sometimes I just need a swift kick to the head. :rofl:

Hi Hemi,

I usually water only the center of the pot (3 gallon fabric) with my new beans. I give it a good water, maybe 1L, then just mist the soil on top until the seedlings pop soil. I don't give another watering until they have been in the soil for about 5-6 days, then still smaller amount around the center. Until they are at maybe 3-4 stages, I only water about ever 4-5 days, then I go by weight of the pot. I usually get to around every 2 days with full grown flowering plants.
I have been playing a bit of a game with myself. Its called "how long can I go between waterings"? :)

Hope this helps.
Sounds like a great seed starting method and I will give it a try. Thanks

I would agree with the others in it possibly being overwatered. I grew hydro nft years ago so never had that problem and soil grows were experiments before hydro. If you got spare seeds to waste then you can afford to mess around with different problems - too much/little water, too much/little feed, how long will they go without water till they wilt etc. I am resisting the urge to water my recently transplanted plants. Soil is dry to the stage where it crumbly on top so will leave till wed (5 days after transplant) and give a good watering then. My other half decided to water the 2 stand alone plants in their own containers yesterday even though i said not to. Roots should grow quicker with drier soil.
Thanks, Yes it does look like I have overdone the watering. Even this morning the pots feel light but they are only dry on the first inch. I'm going back to hydro as soon as I get my outdoor plants out. I just hope that these ladies will recover, but if not there is still time to start again.

@thebeast27 Sorry to have hijacked your grow. I promise if they survive I will top everyone of them. LOL

Hi Beast, sorry for the off topic post, but there are a ton of good growers in you journal :) I figured this was the best place I could post this question.

Has anyone ever germinated a seed and had it germ leaves first? the tap root has not come out. This is a bean from Big Buddah super auto sativa. It was absolutely mammoth, biggest seed I have ever seen, so I went right after it.
It popped with white cotyledons and not tap root, or at least the tap root was still in the shell. I dropped it in soil, cotyledons facing up, and started it with 3 other.

Has anyone had problems with this type of germ? If so, did you remove the shell or just let the plant deal with it (which is what I did)?

thanks
schtiggy.

Back
Top Bottom