Barneys Farm Sponsors Grow: Gorilla Zkittles, Orange Sherbert Plus Many More

Hey 420! Time to see how the surviving autos are doing....
DSC02852.JPG

Wedding Cake....
DSC02853.JPG

Gorilla Glue....
DSC02854.JPG

Gorilla Zkittles....
DSC02842.JPG

As you can see the Gorilla Zkittles isn't doing very well at all though the other 2 are doing very good. @carcass guessed that they were 10 days old and he was spot on. You know more about my plants than I do lol. I'm not going to be wasting my time and resources on the GZ and it has already been removed from the tent. The GG and WC will be moved into the smaller tent after my current flowering plants have finished up which should be in less than 2 weeks. They will be bottom fed and grown under the 200w floodlight.

The Tropicanna Banana is one of the plants currently finishing up and she is very nice. It has taken me a while but I finally managed to grow one properly. Well almost properly. There had to be some tough training to keep her at the same height as the rest. It is my fault. I predicted exactly what would happen so I can't complain.
She has been a dream to grow. Easy and forgiving is how I would describe her. She catches me out almost daily as she just drinks so fast. I wanted to have the plants on the same tray so I could water them all at the same time but I didn't have anything suitable. She finishes her litre of water in less than 12 hours and drinks through the night. Last week we had 3 days of brutal hot weather and the cab temps sky rocketed. She was drinking 2 litres of water a day then and it was a bit of a struggle. There wasn't a single indication of discomfort and she just carried on.
The smell coming from her is that of tropical fruit and she is super sticky. Her flowers aren't overly large but they are plentiful and they are also nice and dense. I'm not going to guess what she will give me at the end but she will definitely have the largest yield out of the 4 in the tent. Here we are today....
DSC02844.JPG
DSC02845.JPG
DSC02846.JPG
DSC02847.JPG
DSC02848.JPG
DSC02849.JPG

Hey 420. time for an update. The 2 autos are on day 14 and have grown quite a bit since the last update which was on day 10....
DSC02947.JPG

I have just started the bottom feeding as I can see a couple roots sticking out of the bottom of the pots now. I am currently feeding them at 4g of MC per gal but as I have never grown autos with it before I'm not sure if that is correct. Any advice would be wonderful. They look healthy though so I think it is ok. The Wedding Cake is growing very nicely and is ahead of the Gorilla Glue. I hope to top them at day 21 if they are still growing nicely then which I think they will be....
DSC02960.JPG

Wedding Cake....
DSC02962.JPG

Gorilla Glue....
DSC02963.JPG

Tropicanna Banana....

We're still going with this one. Shouldn't be much longer now....
DSC02966.JPG
DSC02967.JPG
DSC02968.JPG
DSC02969.JPG

Hey 420. We are currently at 18 days from seed and both are still going strong. I haven't increased the nutrient strength from 4g of MC yet as there is some noticeable burn on the WC's leaves. I'm not going to bother lowering it as the plant is doing so well. I'm just going to let them grow into it and instead increase the strength at a later date. I am happy enough that both are growing well and will go ahead with the topping on day 21. After a catastrophic start I am really grateful to have these two. I am particularly impressed with the Wedding Cake as her growth is superb. The Gorilla Glue is more squat but there is some nice growth under those leaves which should start to push out later this week. I just wish that I had the rest of them still. I could have gotten crazy in here....
DSC03080.JPG
DSC03081.JPG

Gorilla Glue....
DSC03083.JPG

Wedding Cake....
DSC03082.JPG

The Tropicanna Banana will likely be coming down on Sunday night. It is more for convenience really as we're not busy then or on the following Monday which will give me a chance to scrub down the grow room. I have been twitching over the last week as we have had humidity which has been through the roof. I am checking them multiple times a day but by the time you spot mould it is too late. Fingers crossed we have made it. That was a particularly frosty round of plants in a confined space which is alsways a bad thing. That will be just shy of 9 weeks flowering time. Not too bad at all. There are a few ambers on the TB but as it is a sativa hybrid I'm not too concerned with racking them up....
DSC03088.JPG
DSC03089.JPG
DSC03090.JPG
DSC03091.JPG

Hey 420. It's been a little while since the last update. Today is day 31 from seed for the Wedding Cake and Gorilla Glue automatics. They were topped on day 21 and then trimmed up a little on day 28. up until that point I had done nothing to them and just let them do their thing. I found a bit of mould where a leaf had been in contact with the surface of the coco which was removed. I then sprayed the surface of the coco with alcohol. There is much better air movement in the tent now and no leaves touching the medium so we shouldn't see that again.
I have harvested and dried the Tropicanna Banana which I will do a separate update for a bit later today. For now though, here are the autos. These pics are from before the trim....
DSC03218.JPG
DSC03219.JPG

Gorilla Glue....
DSC03220.JPG

Wedding Cake....
DSC03221.JPG
DSC03222.JPG

Here is that mould on the surface....
DSC03223.JPG

Here they are now....
DSC03262.JPG

Continued....

Hey 420. It's been a little while since the last update. Today is day 31 from seed for the Wedding Cake and Gorilla Glue automatics. They were topped on day 21 and then trimmed up a little on day 28. up until that point I had done nothing to them and just let them do their thing. I found a bit of mould where a leaf had been in contact with the surface of the coco which was removed. I then sprayed the surface of the coco with alcohol. There is much better air movement in the tent now and no leaves touching the medium so we shouldn't see that again.
I have harvested and dried the Tropicanna Banana which I will do a separate update for a bit later today. For now though, here are the autos. These pics are from before the trim....
DSC03218.JPG
DSC03219.JPG

Gorilla Glue....
DSC03220.JPG

Wedding Cake....
DSC03221.JPG
DSC03222.JPG

Here is that mould on the surface....
DSC03223.JPG

Here they are now....
DSC03262.JPG

Continued....

These will be beasts Prof. :passitleft:

Air movement should be enough to prevent mold because I've done several grows with high RH and lots of air circulation and they were all successful. But mold spores are everywhere and I think every cannabis nug contains negligible amounts of mold. The thing is to keep it very low. Nugs that flower in %40 RH always taste better compared to %50 plus so I installed a dehumidifier in my grow room. I am not using that inside the tents but it feels great to be able to control humidity. My living room is around %63 with all the windows open. It's been a real challange for three years. Before that, I was living in a very dry location and had to use ultrasonic humidifiers for both veg. and flowering. These were great times :smokin:

I got them out of the tent to get a better look. They are being fed at 4.75g of MC now and I'm slowly increasing it. It looks like the Wedding Cake will need a higher strength feed before the Gorilla Glue does so I will remove them for the next watering so I can treat them separately....
DSC03256.JPG
DSC03257.JPG
DSC03258.JPG
DSC03261.JPG

:passitleft:
I'm so far behind on this journal. I'll just have to pop back in here.
Maybe I'll get the chance to catch up later.

Nice autos Prof. Love to you and the fam.
:green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

These will be beasts Prof. :passitleft:

Air movement should be enough to prevent mold because I've done several grows with high RH and lots of air circulation and they were all successful. But mold spores are everywhere and I think every cannabis nug contains negligible amounts of mold. The thing is to keep it very low. Nugs that flower in %40 RH always taste better compared to %50 plus so I installed a dehumidifier in my grow room. I am not using that inside the tents but it feels great to be able to control humidity. My living room is around %63 with all the windows open. It's been a real challange for three years. Before that, I was living in a very dry location and had to use ultrasonic humidifiers for both veg. and flowering. These were great times :smokin:
I really need a dehumidifier. I would have saved me a lot of drama in the past.

63%...I wish lol. We are in the 80% range again today. I'm just happy that the harvest is dry and out of the way.

I'm just happy that the harvest is dry and out of the way.
Me too. Makes life easier when you don't have to worry about not running out of your meds. Can take a physical and emotional toll.

I'm so far behind on this journal. I'll just have to pop back in here.
Maybe I'll get the chance to catch up later.

Nice autos Prof. Love to you and the fam.
:green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:
Hey VG. If I'm being honest I too am pretty behind on this journal. Life is getting busy again. You probably haven't missed as much as you think lol

Hope you are well m'dear
Me too. Makes life easier when you don't have to worry about not running out of your meds. Can take a physical and emotional toll.
Very true. I need to get my ass in gear and get something flowering pretty soon if I want to avoid that again

I really need a dehumidifier. I would have saved me a lot of drama in the past.

63%...I wish lol. We are in the 80% range again today. I'm just happy that the harvest is dry and out of the way.

Must be terrible Prof. That humidity definately needs to go down.

I tested dehumidifier water to share on my journal. Results are promising and I am sharing these here as well to motivate you in purchasing one :passitleft:

Edit: I think this device can provide enough water for a two plant hydro system. At least these days :Rasta:

I'm starting a new journal in a few days.
I'll tag you. Hope you can stop by every once in awhile. :love:
Of course I will. Will you be running 2 threads then?
Must be terrible Prof. That humidity definately needs to go down.

I tested dehumidifier water to share on my journal. Results are promising and I am sharing these here as well to motivate you in purchasing one :passitleft:

Edit: I think this device can provide enough water for a two plant hydro system. At least these days :Rasta:
I would definitely need a half decent one. Before becoming a grower I never looked forward to the cold weather lol.

Hey P just catching up. Shame about the first 8 autos after such a cracking start. Looks like you’ve got some decent replacements though. I’m loving Wedding Cake it certainly hits the spot.

Hey P just catching up. Shame about the first 8 autos after such a cracking start. Looks like you’ve got some decent replacements though. I’m loving Wedding Cake it certainly hits the spot.
I have some Wedding Cake pics coming up for you right now

Hey 420. It has been a little while so I must apologies for my sloppy documenting in recent months. The Tropicanna Banana was harvested, dried and jarred up a few weeks ago now and it is some very nice smoke. Excellent strain which stole the show in many ways. The final yield for it was 82g which was very good considering it was grown as one of 4 plants in a 60cm x 80cm tent.
I will do a real update for it later complete with pics. Then I will do a strain review as well.

The Wedding Cake and the Gorilla Glue auto's are still going strong and have almost taken over the tent. I could have probably filled the tent with either of them on their own with a little LST. As it stands I have a packed tent which could really do with another good defoliation. The Humidity is as high as it really gets. It has been in the 90% range most of the last fortnite and these plants are starting to pack on the flowers. The WC is really fast and has towers of flowers right now. It is a beautiful plant. The GG is a bit behind but there is potential for some serious flowers if I can create a bit of space for light and airflow.

Here they are before their last defol which took place about 10 days ago....
DSC03263.JPG
DSC03264.JPG
DSC03265.JPG
DSC03266.JPG
DSC03267.JPG
DSC03268.JPG
DSC03269.JPG
DSC03270.JPG
DSC03277.JPG
DSC03278.JPG

Next up is what they look like now....

An update just as I was reading, great timing :D. They look smashing!
Timing JC. I've been super busy recently so haven't been keeping up with any updates. I've got plenty to catch up with as well.
Hope you're well buddy

Back
Top Bottom