Barneys Farm Sponsors Grow: Gorilla Zkittles, Orange Sherbert Plus Many More

Man I need that same autoflowering seed inventory. Barney's autos sound promising. I need to travel to Amsterdam soon. Only got one PP and one GZ left.
They have the Purple Punch in auto form as well. I Know how much you like that one.
:passitleft:

Hey 420. Yesterday we had 2 pop up. Today we welcome the other 6 lol. They're not all quite upright just yet but all can be seen. I mixed up all of the pics so no labels but you get the idea. I will allow them to all stand upright then call that day 1. These are currently under 24 hours of light but I will change that to 18/6 on day 1....
DSC02446.JPG
DSC02447.JPG
DSC02448.JPG
DSC02449.JPG
DSC02450.JPG
DSC02451.JPG
DSC02452.JPG
DSC02453.JPG
DSC02454.JPG
DSC02455 (2).JPG

Hey Barney's fam. Well we had a disaster with the auto seedlings. For anyone who hasn't been across to my other thread recently basically what happened is all 8 auto's died. Ouch indeed. I was only recently joking with @carcass about damping off. Seems I have a real problem with it. That is 2 entire grows consisting of 8 plants each destroyed in as many months. It's actually been more than that but hey. I started the grow again with the remaining seeds but already the Dos Si Dos has fallen to the damping off fungus. The other 3 however don't look too bad. We could still get to see some auto's. Fingers are so crossed!
I'm hoping at least one of them makes it otherwise I'm out of barney's beans for now. They do look better than they did yesterday but the first round did this before all keeling over and literally melting before your very eye's. I'm sure that the problem is contaminated coco and not because the medium is too wet. I was paranoid about drowning them so made sure that the coco was as dry as is safe while germinating. The first "trickle" watering couldn't have made them too wet. This problem has been my curse this year (last year it was thrips) and it has effected not just my cannabis garden but also several other plants including my courgettes and cucumbers. I made sure to give the coco a flush with a 1/4 mix of H2O2 before I germinated as well. It really is puzzling. It began when started to use coco instead of soil as the main medium.
Anyway, bottom line is that we are at least a strain down in the new grow and (in a not unlikely scenario) we may not get to see any of them grown out.
There is still hope though even though things will have to change slightly. If these get off to a good start then I will probably keep them in this tent but if not then we will need to do a shuffle. I have some breeding plans in the near future and will need some space for that so I will move the surviving auto's to the other tent. I really don't want to throw these but at the same time I don't want a space with a lost cause occupying it.

Here are the seedlings today. They've not long broke ground but we have alrady lost one. I'll know in a day or 2 if these will go down the same path....
DSC02618.JPG

Gorilla Glue....
DSC02619.JPG

Gorilla Zkittles....
DSC02621.JPG

Wedding Cake....
DSC02622.JPG

We still have the Tropicanna Banana which is doing great this time. Out of the 3 seeds I received this is the one. The first hermied, the seconded was a stunted runt and the third is just right. It has the vigour of the first with the frost and smell of the second lol. This plant is very nice to work with though she needed some serious training....
DSC02609.JPG
DSC02610.JPG

Well Hell, Professor.... man, that's rough...I'm really sorry that happened to you...I was "lucky" that the fungus was only in a bit of old soil (not used soil,just old stuff)
And it takes them out so fast- by the time you notice something isn't right,they're already dead....
It's even a bit worse that they were Barneys seeds- 2 of my best plants have been Barneys strains
I've got my fingers crossed that your current seedlings make it- they look great right now, I sure hope that continues!

Well Hell, Professor.... man, that's rough...I'm really sorry that happened to you...I was "lucky" that the fungus was only in a bit of old soil (not used soil,just old stuff)
And it takes them out so fast- by the time you notice something isn't right,they're already dead....
It's even a bit worse that they were Barneys seeds- 2 of my best plants have been Barneys strains
I've got my fingers crossed that your current seedlings make it- they look great right now, I sure hope that continues!
I appear to have liked your post and then done you the dishonour of not replying.
Since then I have planted 13 seeds with no problems lol. I just don't get it lol. Anyway. Guess what Cass. It looks like we will be seeing some autos after all. The Gorilla Glue and the Wedding Cake are looking like they will grow. The Gorilla Zkittles is looking a bit runty but not dead. Dos Si Dos melted lol. Still. The show is not over yet!

Man, I'm so sorry to hear about your fallen babies. Do you think you're going to be able to get the problem sorted?

Your TropBan looks wonderful!! What day are you now post flip?

Hey beautiful people of 420 and the rest of the world. That might seem like a bit much for the opening of a post but I'm happy. It looks like we will see the autos after all. They are still growing which is not a characteristic of damping off lol. Like I just said to Cass, the Gorilla Zkittles is looking a bit weak but it is not dead. The Wedding Cake and the Gorilla Glue however seem to be growing as normal. I very nearly wrote this one off but just left them to do their thing and so far we are doing well. It is still early days yet but I think things will be ok. If these were photos then I wouldn't be worried but as they are automatics, I'm still a little twitchy. Here we are today. Ignore the plants in the trays. I'm just keeping them in here until I have space somewhere else....
DSC02666.JPG

Gorilla Glue....
DSC02669.JPG

Gorilla Zkittles....
DSC02671.JPG

Wedding Cake....
DSC02670.JPG

Hey beautiful people of 420 and the rest of the world. That might seem like a bit much for the opening of a post but I'm happy. It looks like we will see the autos after all. They are still growing which is not a characteristic of damping off lol. Like I just said to Cass, the Gorilla Zkittles is looking a bit weak but it is not dead. The Wedding Cake and the Gorilla Glue however seem to be growing as normal. I very nearly wrote this one off but just left them to do their thing and so far we are doing well. It is still early days yet but I think things will be ok. If these were photos then I wouldn't be worried but as they are automatics, I'm still a little twitchy. Here we are today. Ignore the plants in the trays. I'm just keeping them in here until I have space somewhere else....
DSC02666.JPG

Gorilla Glue....
DSC02669.JPG

Gorilla Zkittles....
DSC02671.JPG

Wedding Cake....
DSC02670.JPG

I spoke too soon!!

Grow you beautiful little buggers!! :hug:

I spoke too soon!!

Grow you beautiful little buggers!! :hug:
Lol. We are still growing these. Don't worry as this happens a lot. I grow a lot of plants so that means we see more negative things. It is just how it is.
The TB is on flowering day 41 which seems about right when I look at her. The TB will get a real proper update tomorrow as will my entire garden. The missus is busy so more time for me lol.

Hey 420! The autos are still growing. I'm just hoping that they weren't stressed too much at the start there. I am thinking of moving these into the other tent once that grow is finished up as it just makes sense. I'm not sure what size these'll get but I think this tent will be wasted on them. If they do get large and I can see that it'll be worth it then they can stay. I do have a queue of 15 other plants waiting to be flowered though lol.

Wedding Cake....
DSC02705.JPG

Gorilla Glue....
DSC02707.JPG

Gorilla Zkittles....
DSC02708.JPG

Looking good, professor.

Hey 420. The Tropicanna Banana is on flowering day 44 today. At least I think she is lol. Not doing too bad at all. She is sharing the tent with 3 other plants and is quite easily dominating the grow. 2 of the others are faster than her but only half her size. I have had to do all kinds of snapping and tying down to keep her at canopy height and in doing so she now owns most of the grow space. It wasn't the wisest of ideas running the TB, which I knew was faster growing and much stronger than the other 3, with the others. We did it though and have done the best we can lol.
She is a frosty and fruity strain with a skunk feel to her and has a very nice structure. The flowers are numerous and are quite compact and tight in places. I would have loved to have given this one the entire tent space to see her grown out properly. Oh well. Her we are entering the final third of flower. I'd say there is only a few weeks left for this beaut....
DSC02730.JPG
DSC02731.JPG
DSC02732.JPG
DSC02733.JPG
DSC02736.JPG
DSC02737.JPG
DSC02738.JPG

Hey @Alafornia. How's things buddy? Hopefully we can keep them looking good. Got some pics of the Tropicanna Banana coming up. She looks quite nice
:passitleft:

I, like many others, have had a rough go of late. That said, I'm faring better than most so I'm thankful for that. I feel like I'm being told to be patient with the plants and with my youngest and the reward will be great. IOW, trying to keep the faith.

I have faith in you, Professor. Looking forward to seeing the update.

I don't have any BF plants this time around, but Orange Sherbert and the clone gave me two good harvests. The nugs are dense and the smell is orange goodness. The last batch is in the final stages of burping.

Hey 420. The Tropicanna Banana is on flowering day 44 today. At least I think she is lol. Not doing too bad at all. She is sharing the tent with 3 other plants and is quite easily dominating the grow. 2 of the others are faster than her but only half her size. I have had to do all kinds of snapping and tying down to keep her at canopy height and in doing so she now owns most of the grow space. It wasn't the wisest of ideas running the TB, which I knew was faster growing and much stronger than the other 3, with the others. We did it though and have done the best we can lol.
She is a frosty and fruity strain with a skunk feel to her and has a very nice structure. The flowers are numerous and are quite compact and tight in places. I would have loved to have given this one the entire tent space to see her grown out properly. Oh well. Her we are entering the final third of flower. I'd say there is only a few weeks left for this beaut....
DSC02730.JPG
DSC02731.JPG
DSC02732.JPG
DSC02733.JPG
DSC02736.JPG
DSC02737.JPG
DSC02738.JPG

She's a beaut, Professor.

Hey 420! The autos are still growing.
And growing well! - about a week old now? They look great to me- if they were stressed, they don't show it...
a little crispiness on the 2 WC leaves, but that's nothing to worry about...I think they're going to do just fine...

If they're like my last 4 autos, don't expect much for the first 10-12 days while they're building roots, but after that...they should start growing like happy weeds!
Show them that TB and tell them "here's what I want you gals to do!"

She's a beaut, Professor.
Cheers Al. It wont be much longer for her now.
And growing well! - about a week old now? They look great to me- if they were stressed, they don't show it...
a little crispiness on the 2 WC leaves, but that's nothing to worry about...I think they're going to do just fine...

If they're like my last 4 autos, don't expect much for the first 10-12 days while they're building roots, but after that...they should start growing like happy weeds!
Show them that TB and tell them "here's what I want you gals to do!"
I hope so. I have an update coming up so I can explain what the current situation is.
:passitleft: :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom