Barneys Farm Sponsored Grow Diary 2019/2020

So these are 10 days in and I have no idea when to flip them to flower as if never finished in such a small pot (giggidy) I was thinking around another 2 weeks so they can get a good root system developed, I was wanting to keep them as mothers for other garden grows but I'm going to flower these of and place a order for a selection for the future :).

@Rich Farmer What do you think for veg times buddy as if like a good 1-2oz back, sounds quite a lot for the pots maybe?

What I see is people do a veg 2-6 weeks then flip, just depends on your space and container size but it's up to you. I'm doing 12/12 from seed but will play around with veg times next round for a comparison

In my expirence In coco the plant can be root bound or should be root bound by flower (this allows the multi waters and explosive growth but dont multi water until roots are set) but not for soil as it's not hydro and will harm the plant if it stays completely bound in soil for too long.

This will be my first SOG grow but apparently a true SOG grow is when you use clones instead of seeds just for the same canopy height but I can easily manage the heights from the base of the plants.

A true SOG is just a sea of plants bud, seed or clone doesn't matter, even trained plants can be considered sog as long as there is a sea of plants.

Your first sog grow is as legit as it gets, keep it up mayn. :passitleft:

PM sent with GWE SOG guide, very helpful

I suppose I could keep vegging them and keep checking the roots till there really built up, in for a piece of mesh which I think has 50x50 squares I could then create a scrog/sog and bottom feed once the roots have built up, I'm around them daily so I could give light waterings, like it would in those auto pots.

The space there in now is a 90x60x90 tent with a Mars Hydro 720 LED which I think has a draw off around 280w so I'm hoping if I can keep them in this tent, I can pull 1g per watt.

The medium I'm using us Canna Terra Professional Plus mixed with Mycorrhizal Fungi to help root development, but it's not like any soil in ever used (BioBizz and the odd one) it's almost like coco but with differences, a few people I've spoke with have said the same, they can water every day with little run off but obviously they must have a great root mass.

I think I will wait till the 6th node then flip them so yeah probably another 14 days or so, what I think I will do is when there stretching I will fold the cola over towards the sides of the tent so the mesh screen will fill up if that makes sense :).

After using this Mars Hydro 720 LED I will for sure be using LEDS to veg from now on, the lower stems are already growing great, if it were my T5 and HPS I would still be waiting for them for at least another good 2 weeks.

I can tell from your pics that your plants really enjoy the Mars looking great

I have been dabbling with led my self I've added a small hlg to my tent beside my cmh and am liking the results so far

It's always been a one of those debates on the switch hasn't it, I'm loving this light, I'm trying to become a micro grower so having an led close to the roof of the tent giving it that little extra in the canopy height.

I am trying to find someone to make me a custom tent so I can make room for a few leds :).

I'm quite enjoying these little plants I gave then a feed today of 400ml and they have not drooped there just reaching for the light :).

I have have them:

1ml to 1L of Plant Magic Magne Cal
2ml to 1L of BioBizz Root Juice
2ml to 1L of BioBizz Alg-A-Mic
2ml to 1L of Advanced Nutrients B-52

One thing I must say about these is when the lights turn off they absolutely stink!
I noticed the same thing when my Os was in veg it kinda surprised me never had a plant smell that good that early. when I took leaves off in veg they were pretty sticky another first for me

I have the chance to run either of these two nutrient lines had anyone tried the Remo line-up?

I have tried Canna and had successful grows but I now have the chance for Remo and in seen some great grows with it too.

Canna start
Canna A&B
Rhyzotonic
Cannazym
Boost
PK 13/14
Flush

Or the Remo line which is,

Micro
Bloom
Grow
Astroflower
Magnifical
Nature's Candy
VeloKelp
Ive used Remo Calmag. Works great, but is dark so it darkens my water... not a problem, but it bugs me. Haha

Lower growth is catching up nicely, this is there final tent, I was planning on putting a screen above them but I will just train them as I think I may have to move them again so I'm unsure on what training to do.

Any ideas would be great :).

Seems like if your gonna SOG you should be looking to flower, after a transplant maybe. I wouldnt top them, I wouldnt stress them, they already clearly have a solid foundation in the roots, which wont stop in flower. I wouldnt use a rooting additive like Rapidstart or Root Accelerator since you have limited space for roots. Disclaimer: I have never grown SOG... i will next season. But i have read everything i can find on it. There are a ton of opinions on this subject

Back
Top Bottom