Barneys Farm Sponsors Grow: Gorilla Zkittles, Orange Sherbert Plus Many More

And here we have the Wedding Cake out of the tent and facing the axe....
DSC04005.JPG
DSC04006.JPG
DSC04007.JPG
DSC04001.JPG
DSC04004.JPG
DSC04000.JPG
DSC04009.JPG

I chopped her down but didn't trim her up as I just couldn't be bothered. I will instead trim her up after she is dry and get some finger hash as a little reward. I have set up a fan and hung her to dry. The humidity has gone down recently but it is still damp. I have an oscillating fan aimed at them so we should be good....
DSC04012.JPG

Not bad at all Barney....
DSC04013.JPG

Happy growing everyone.
:passitleft:

Congratz Prof. Amazing :passitleft:

Congrats on the harvest,Prof!
Even with the funky leaves, she was still a pretty (and chunky) one!

Congratz Prof. Amazing :passitleft:
Thanks TC!. These look set to out perform the Tropicanna Banana in terms of yield. It's going to be an interesting final yield from using a 4000k floodlight.
Congrats on the harvest,Prof!
Even with the funky leaves, she was still a pretty (and chunky) one!
Cheers Cass. Even the Wedding Cakes larf is big. I really wish I didn't kill all of the others lol.

Thanks TC!. These look set to out perform the Tropicanna Banana in terms of yield. It's going to be an interesting final yield from using a 4000k floodlight.

Cheers Cass. Even the Wedding Cakes larf is big. I really wish I didn't kill all of the others lol.

I remember some discussion on these lights and I think I told you that they will perform just great. Can be on another journal though I can't remember exactly. Man your journals are progressing like a storm compared to mine and I can get lost if I skip a week :laugh: Same thing goes for some other journals as well, like Penny's.

I remember some discussion on these lights and I think I told you that they will perform just great. Can be on another journal though I can't remember exactly. Man your journals are progressing like a storm compared to mine and I can get lost if I skip a week :laugh: Same thing goes for some other journals as well, like Penny's.
Yeah, that was over in my other thread and you were right.

I don't stand a chance with Penny's journals lol. I only have to go to bed and 10 pages pass
Some of your best yielders yet Professor. Well done and congratulations!
Still need the results but it looks set to be a good one. I had forgotten just how impressive autos can be when they work.
Thanks Mr S!
:passitleft::passitleft:

Hey 420. Today I axed the Gorilla Glue as she is ready to go. We have another beast like the Wedding Cake it seems. I really can't rate these new automatics enough. Super tough, stinky and excellent yielders. I have just finished drying the WC and have had a little sample. It is some fine weed. I still have the image of auto's being watered down versions but in a blind taste test I would never tell. It is potent and made me sleep like a log after a little session last night.
Back to the Glue. She went 89 days in the end which isn't too bad for an auto. She has some weighty flowers and should do quite well. In the last update I said that she didn't smell a lot like a Glue strain but in the last couple of weeks she has changed somewhat. I still think that it isn't quite glue but there is a really strong fruity paint stripper smell which if you ask me is just as good. I think that it might actually smell better than the WC which is fantastic.
I chopped her earlier today and have hung it up to dry. The WC took a long time to dry as the humidity was too high. It was 99% for several days in a row which had me twitching a little. All is good now though and we have a dehumidifier arriving any day now to help with those problems in the future.
Here are some pics of her from last week. She looks bad just like the WC did and just as I predicted she got much worse. Didn't stop growing though....
DSC04044.JPG
DSC04047.JPG
DSC04048.JPG
DSC04057.JPG
DSC04058.JPG
DSC04059.JPG
DSC04062.JPG
DSC04063.JPG
DSC04064.JPG
DSC04065.JPG

And here she is in all of her horrifying glory. What a trooper. Well at least I wont have as many leaves to trim off lol. I allowed her to dry out in the pot and haven't fed her this week at all. To help her to drink up her pot more quickly I turned the lights to 24 hours on for the last week. There was no moisture in the pot come harvest time. I can't wait to sample this bad lady....
DSC04250.JPG
DSC04251.JPG
DSC04252.JPG
DSC04253.JPG
DSC04254.JPG
DSC04258.JPG
DSC04259.JPG
DSC04260.JPG
DSC04261.JPG
DSC04262.JPG

Well that is all for today folks. Next will be the harvest result from the Wedding Cake and possibly a smoke report though I may wait a couple weeks to allow for a bit of a cure before doing that. Then the same with the Gorilla Glue but then after that it is all over. I will be closing this thread after a year and a half of growing out the Farms genetics as I feel like I am too busy with family life to do a good job of it anymore. I really hope I might have inspired some growers to give Barneys a run as they have solid and interesting genetics . The catalogue is nicely varied as well so there is something for everyone. Anyway, I'm waffling lol. I'm still here for now and will close the thread properly when the time comes.

Peace everyone

I will be closing this thread after a year and a half of growing out the Farms genetics as I feel like I am too busy with family life to do a good job of it anymore. I really hope I might have inspired some growers to give Barneys a run as they have solid and interesting genetics
:bravo:
Inspiring was only the half of it. :rolleyes:
Thanks Professor. You did a wonderful job hi-lighting their genetics. Well done.

:bravo:
Inspiring was only the half of it. :rolleyes:
Thanks Professor. You did a wonderful job hi-lighting their genetics. Well done.
Thanks Mr S! It's been good fun, I've met some great people and I might have even learnt a thing or two. Whether or not anyone has learnt anything from me, well, that's a different question.

Hope you are well on this blustery day. it's likely to be windy somewhere in Canada so I'm just winging it.

Whether or not anyone has learnt anything from me, well, that's a different question.
Don't sell yourself short there Professor. Lots was learned and I'm sure many will refer to your journal when running Barney's Beans. Fortunately, like my mentor in the U.S., I know everything so I didn't have to pay attention, but if I did I'm sure you would have taught me something. :thanks:
Hope you are well on this blustery day. it's likely to be windy somewhere in Canada so I'm just winging it.
Great call. It is blustery somewhere here! :high-five:

I kept forgetting you had this whole other journal lol. Got here in time for the wrap, I see!

:ciao:

I have Barney's Gorilla Zkittlez and Do-si-dos #33 that I'll be popping in the next grow, I think.

I'll have to read back to get the goss on GG.

Question: why is it good to have your pot dried out before harvest? Is this about the drying time/process?

I kept forgetting you had this whole other journal lol. Got here in time for the wrap, I see!

I have Barney's Gorilla Zkittlez and Do-si-dos #33 that I'll be popping in the next grow, I think.

Question: why is it good to have your pot dried out before harvest? Is this about the drying time/process?

GZ produces amazing buds mate. Make sure to train that one for many big&fat colas. I am still waiting for my DoSiDos33 and feeling very excited about that one.

I don't let my pots dry completely before harvest. Question +1

Hey sye! The Gorilla Zkittles was a great plant but very floppy and a nightmare to trim up. It was worth it though.

I didn't have much luck with the Do-si. Both times I tried I failed to do a good job of her. One that got away for now.

I let the pot dry out to get a head start on the drying. It didn't really work though as nothing dries in 99% humidity lol.

Have you dropped those seeds yet?
GZ produces amazing buds mate. Make sure to train that one for many big&fat colas. I am still waiting for my DoSiDos33 and feeling very excited about that one.

I don't let my pots dry completely before harvest. Question +1
I'd have to agree. The GZ is has some nice flowers though mine weren't big and fat. There were tons of them though so the yield was still good.

Like I said to sye. I thought I'd try and remove as much moisture from the plant as I could before harvest but it didn't really do anything.
I'm definitely not going back to when I was last here (OMG I just checked it was May!), but I can tell you what I learned today: water your plants or the leaves die.

:thanks:
I think that's when I was here last.

Lol! Plants do like a drink.

:passitleft::passitleft::passitleft:

Time to wrap up this thread me thinks. Firstly I'd like to thank Barney's Farm for giving me the opportunity to showcase some of their fantastic new strains. I would also like to thank everyone who's tagged along and supported this thread. It got a bit messy towards the end there but no-one was expecting a pandemic to ruin things for everyone. Next I have a couple strain reviews and then I'm hanging up the hat. Before we do that though there is some more Barney's news for anyone who's interested. There are several new strains recently released though this time there are a couple classics in the mix. There is Skywalker OG, Cheese, Bubba Kush, Watermelon Zkittles and the Runtz Muffin. There are also auto versions available to go with those.

Despite finishing up the thread I will still be growing Barney's as I still have several of their strains left which I have collected as freebies from recent orders.

So once again, thank you to all and I wish you the very best Christmas.

ProfessorFlora.

Hey Shed! Just gotta get the last two strain reviews done then we are there. We've had some good times. Remember the dessicated frog? Or that time when I phoned the police by mistake whilst in the grow room and had to convince them that everything was fine lol. Holy diver! What good memories.

Can we get a rousing chorus of Mary Hopkin's Those Were The Days?
As it's such a good song, we can indeed.

Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way.
La la la la...

Back
Top Bottom