Bassman59's 1st Grow - DWC/LED - Pray For Me!

just to let you and your growers on some good products I found ths place a few years ago and for making hash and buying descretly Its a t-shirt supply co. SILkSCREENSUPPLYS.com huge alluminum framed sceens or wood these are also great for drying racks top quality all different sizes. I wish i were a rep for them because they have a untouched market waiting to spend

Nice poke. I couldnt use a framed type for my dry ice method, but yours certainly has some value.

BAH!, I'm having a hard time with the hash. All I want to do is make it semi pliable. I cant seem to get it past half assed pressed.

I've tried warm butter knife press over plastic baggie.
I've tried warm iron on stuffed in wax paper pouch and wrapped in wet newspaper.
I've tried soft heat from lighter and finger press.

All I get is semi hard piece which will break up crumbly if handled with any pressure.

my fav is take the plastic off the cig pack and put abut a finger worth in. then roll it and fold it up tight tape end then take any binder paper fold it around it and put under the fauscet for a fw seconds then with a rolling pin roll it hard flip it roll it turn it you get the point then wrap another piece of papper around it again scatch tape to seal th eend then bake oe 10 min at 350. after rmove from oven thn roll it out a few more time a remove top laer paper and replace with new get wet again and in over for a final 10-12 min remove let cool should bea little hard and plyable

Nice harvest bro got some fat colas there! Trick with the hash is stick it in the other plastic packet of a cigaret packet, get it to sit at the bottom and fold the remainder of the plastic over to make a "rap" with the hash concealed inside squeese together with your fingers, get some paper and rap it in the paper nice a tight, yould feel like a blobk inside a rap of paper, dunk the rap of paper in some water intill wet and place in a warm oven NOT HOT! For me it was trial and error but once the paper is dry pull out and unrap and your hash will be binded.

Edit: just noticed what poke smot said lol ^^

Ok question for ya.

I did what poke mentions above. On the 4th try it looked like I got a hard solid brick. While still in the cellophane, it is darker, and now has a small amount of black on one end. Does this mean I "got close" and it isnt quite there yet? I just opened one cellophane and it crumbled to a fine dust. In the cellophane it drops like a hard rock on the table.

I used a 73 micron bag in the dry ice method.

Hey bro usaly that works great for me i only wetten the paper 2 times and seems to harden up, usaly hash that dont press is because of inpurities in the mix.

If all else fails and your desperate for you hash to be in a block i just uploaded this thread that should get your hash how you want it.

Hash Press Credits go to OT1

back in the day when I had a press I would have done that. No biggie. But now I'm just trying to get it pliable.

Is 73 micron bag too big/small of holes? ** I dont know which way is bigger/looser weave or smaller/tighter weave when speaking microns and all.

Well I gave some of the hash to someone, but have not gotten a report.

This person did like the regular smoke. Not the best ever, but good for her and her husband.

So I guess we can move this to completed journals. I'll add a smoke report on the hash if it comes in.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too!

I'm moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Thanks bike.

It was my first ever grow. I think my yield/potency came from the stress issues of water temps and me creating root rot, which was obviously treated but still an issue.

If you take a look at my current grow, it has been totally stress free and is doing butt loads better, even though I didnt perform optimally.

I dont think it needed more light last grow. This grow does however. My next grow, which I just put down seedlings for, will probably need more light and it will only be 4 plants, but they will be monsters. I'm undecided atm. I may get another 600w and drop the 4 into a 5x5 tent with both lights. All 4 will probably cover the entire 5x5 using defoliation hi yield technique and two months veg time. Thus to get full area and penetration the need for more light.

Here's an idea, what I'm doing: 2 gallon coco coir(you could use DWC), 600w vertical MH bare bulb in the middle, one month vegetation. Though I veg with an HPS bulb, both bulbs with eballast and cord-set and reflector can be brought to your door for less than $300. If you delay defoliation until flowering, you can be amazed with the results from this low-stress, low investment grow. 4 X 4 would be good, 5 X 5 better, air-flow & control would be easy: a cheap fan centered blowing straight up, exchange out the top & in the bottom.

Yes I know about unsolicited advice, but for big bushy trees there's nothing like bare vert HPS.
KISSes are also appreciated by our beloved plants, who know how to reward well :love:

btw, I picked a random zipcode for delivery estimate. If it is yours, I apologize :)

Hey PG, thanks for chiming in.

I have to go two months veg if I don't get 2nd tent, light(s), chiller, because 1 tent is in flower. If I am able to afford these items I would still defoliate in veg to make 32" sq plants going into flower. Right now I really want to get this defoliation thing down pat. And yes I'll still defoliate in flower as well.

I have had thoughts about doing a vert bulb. But I cant get it out of my head there will be a major portion of each plant not getting direct light. I do like your idea of fan blowing straight up though.

I still have time to decide. I'll be transplanting seedlings tomorrow probably into 5g buckets and start early veg under cfl's. Hopefully I'll get something nailed down in the next few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom