Bassman59's Revenge of the Clones! 600w Pro-Bloom LED - RDWC - Grow #2

tired out my back a few hours ago. Got part of the 3rd one trimmed. 65g wet. Pretty sure it's going to end up around 200g wet also. Lots to do tomorrow, errands and trimming the rest. going to be a busy day.

Thanks AK1. I have a good back. It's just one of those things that happens to us old guys after a long day. The muscles just say F.U., we wanna go to bed. So I did. Waiting on my coffee to brew now, and back at it.

Sounds like a nice yeild Bassman! I too understand about the back. I have trimmed 2 weekends in a row now and will do it again next weekend. I feel ya brotha.... Keep up the good work and the light at the end of the tunnel is coming...

Plant #4 225g

Working on #5, Think it might be 325g +

Plant #6 will be the other 'corner' girl and maybe 60-80g. All because of light not reaching the corners well.

Plant #5 210g and counting. time for a nap. then finish trim, clean tent. set drying rack.

Hopefully my two hygrometers for the curing jars will arrive from hong kong this week. I think I timed it well and they'll be here.

Then I have to mock up my 4 plant rdwc for the Master kush in veg. Drill holes in buckets, install fittings, measure out pvc and pre-fit, etc. Basically make it so I can install it minutes when ready. Ideally get everything done with time to rest tomorrow and start my work week tomorrow midnight.

Well finally all done.

Chop is done. And I may have much more than I thought. /shrug. I may have had the scale on wrong setting. We'll see after dry.

My god some of those colas were like pancake syrup sticky.

I have a purdy big bad of trim for concentrate too. Feels like over 2 lbs wet. It's in a paper bag in the tent drying also.

Took the root balls out of the tubs. They looked real nice. Didn't take pics but it was a lot of roots.

I drained the tubs out, then flushed with about 6 gals of water with a bunch of bleach to flush out the tubing to the chiller and the chiller itself. I then rinse flushed with about 15 gals or so of tap. I'll have to pull all the tubing, and replace with new clean tubing for the next cycle when I move the Mast Kush in for flower. I'll also clean up the pump of any grit or residue.

All four airstones were perfectly clean! Not a touch of discoloration or slime. That indicates a health environment in the tubs.

I'm using a drying rack this time. First time doing it this way. RH is 40% temp 72f in the tent. Is this ok? Any advice on drying?

Here's a few more pics:

P3260001.JPG
P3260002.JPG
P3260004.JPG
P3260005.JPG
P3260006.JPG
P3260007.JPG
P3260008.JPG
P3270002.JPG
P32700091.JPG

Bassman I have a drying rack too but I found that the bag you have your trim in drys moreeven and drys better. On the reack I think it dried too fast. Then again I live in the high desert with low RH. Anyway a friend came over and said put a small layer on the bottom of the bag and fold it over. I did this with 10 bags and it really pulls the excess water from the buds, it also preserved the smell. All in all I think it prepared the buds for the cure jars better then the rack did,IMHO. Maybe try a little in the bag and see what you think....just a thought. Layer it like you did the rack, no overlap.

Looks like a great haul, Bassplayer!

I've never used a drying rack like that, but paper bags do work pretty well. I've done that, too, and just give em a shake once in a while to shuffle them around.

Usually I hang dry them for a couple days depending on RH (sometimes longer), then move to the paper bags before jarring and burping. That's pretty condensed version of it, but that's the jist of what I normally do. I like the drying rack though - I see no reason it wouldn't work good as long as you keep a good eye on it and don't let them dry too fast. I've noticed with the fan/filter on in my tent, things sometimes dry pretty quickly in there.

Sure hoping your yield comes back better than expected. Looks like you got quite a few nice nugs there!

:goodjob:

Hi Bass,

Wow...:yahoo: Great harvest...sounds like you met your expectations, or close to it. They look wonderful, I think you'll be happy.

I also use the paperbag method...like X said...cut and hang then trim to a paperbag then move to jars and continue burping daily until happy with it. I've never used a hygrometer.

You did a very nice job...you should be proud!!!

:cheer:

Just read the whole grow. Great work Bass, no question about it. I wish I had been here a bit earlier in this grow. I am with you on thinking your yield could have been better. Typically I see my bulking up period at a minimum double the size of the buds and sometimes depending on the strain much better than that. Normally the 4th week of 12/12 or usually for me I use 11/13 I will start adding in 2 teaspoons of epsom salts per gallon of nute mix. I also add 1/2 teaspoon per gallon Snow Storm Ultra. In my current Hydro setup which is a wick system I don't flush at all. I keep full strength nutes to the end. As long as your nitrogen component is not Amonium Nitrate flavor will be fine. I have never run LED lights either so I don't know if that might have had an effect. I do defoliate but only once at the end of stretch and take any fan leaf after that that gets in the way of a budsite so I take some leaf every time I look at the plants. I don't change my reservoir out either, in fact I do just as you did. I do clean it thoroughly between crops. This all said I am at a loss as to why your buds did not fill out like they should have. I noticed you used water that you bought at the store and wonder if you might have had a too low level of calcium during flower. One of the problems of useing low PPM's is that you might get out of the proper concentrations of calcium, magnesium, sulpher and Boron. Just thinking out loud. Hope you get at least a pound.

Thanks a bunch on those thoughts RW.

I use a cal mag product in my nute mix so it shouldnt be a problem. That being said, on days when I add only ro water, it's only ro water. no cal-mag even. Should this be changed? I would think it would up my ppm's artificially in that it's upping them with only the cal mag and nothing else.

1. I think I fed too lightly the 1st half of the flowering period.
2. I knew the outer most plants would be shit yield because I was stretching them beyond the light zone.
3. While I like the LED a bunch, it's possible ( I don't have anything to qualify this thought on) I'm asking too much using this technique for LED. That being said, some may recall I had 1 bank (about 20 diodes) go out on me and it was at least 3 weeks worth. I never look up into the light so I have no clue how long it was out for.
4. I am not convinced at all that Humboldt Nutrients Ginormous bloom booster was a worthy product.

Update: 3.5 days of drying: RH has been perfect and steady at 40-44% with temps 70-72f. I got the perfect combination of venting and fan use in the grow tent. I predict tomorrow after work, time for curing.

Got an Email today and a brand new replacement light is on the way to me. It will arrive in time to flower the Master Kush I have going now.

I think to make a proper judgement call on LED for this style of grow, I should run it again. The new grow is 5 gal buckets with proper spacing and better training. This will be immensely important to this style of grow. I think it's only fair to judge after doing it this way and feeding them heavier in the 1st half of flower. I think I really was too light on this grow.

Two things come to mind with lighting and hi defoliation. We need a ton of light going deep for this style. Two of these same units could possible knock it out of the park. Third off effect from overlap would play a big role. The other thing that comes to mind is that with this last grow and my Master Kush grow, there is no way due to spacing requirements to get the center of the light over the center of the plants and spreading outwards. The best the center of the light can do is put out great light on outer parts of the plants growing into the center area. Hence the reason I think two lights are needed for this style. With a more scrog higher number of smaller plants this would be less of an issue. However, I can't go with more plants either because that puts me way out of allowed limits.

In any case, I'm going to work on this style until I get 4 plants for 40z total. I'm going to get there. I just have to get it right. It may take a few grows more.

Hopefully I'll have dry-precure weights tomorrow. My damn hygrometers haven't arrived yet. They are due any day. I want to drop them into a couple curing jars to keep track.

As for the CalMag, I don't like linking the two together myself. I have seen many grows that seemed to suffer when using this product. I feel the ratio of magnesium to calcium needed is wrong as the plants use far more magnesium that the Calmag provides at reccomended doses. Do the BPN nutes provide Calcium? Also adding magnesium via epsom salts adds sulpher, another needed componenet. Do the BPN nutes have boron?

My BPN 2 part has 2.9% calcium, 1.2% mag. Don't know about the boron.

Just got home from work, a nice short day. Checked the drying and the stems are not dry enough to snap yet. Buds feel smokeable dry. Thinking I'll give it some more time before popping into cure. Sure wish my damn hygrometers got here. But they are on a slow boat from china it seems.

I bought a couple cheap hygrometers from Home Depot last year, they are just a bit big to get in the jars. I would put the smoke in the jars and monitor them, opening them every day for 15 minutes or so. I seldom wait for the stems to snap but break is OK. You might look into adding a bit of Boron, it is important in flower. Even Miracle Grow has it.

Back
Top Bottom