Bassman59's 1st Grow - DWC/LED - Pray For Me!

dam them LED's do a good job + Reps man love your commitment there

Thanks GS! I really appreciate the help that's been given around here in guiding me.

Those LEDs are definitely a winner, man. Hopefully I can scratch up enough money for a set as my grow gets underway, otherwise it's gonna be a compromise for me.

Thanks 1212.

Just a couple bud shots. These are the two best colas so far. Scoped em yesterday as best I could. hard to see with damn led shining on ya! But the trichs looked pretty clear. Possibly swelling some.

PC020058.JPG
PC020060.JPG

hey bassman i just finished reading your journal over the past 3 days. it's interesting to me because i am on my first grow too and have 6 plants in a 30 gal dwc about a month behind yours. i've learned a lot from reading your journal- especially about LEDs. and i think you're the only other grower on here i've seen so far that grows but doesn't smoke. i've got a ton of resoect for you for taking care of your mom with alzheimer's. i know that can be really draining physically and emotionally. keep up all the good work you do man. i can't wait to see the end result of your grow! :goodjob: peace!

Thank you very much treezzz. That's cool of you sir/ma'am.

I hope it turns out good. I worry it wont yield much and I have to make food stuffs with it. That will be an adventure. Next grow should be good ...if I get it set up the way I need that is.

The hard part is how long it's taken, and then we wont see overnight results. Naturally though I guess, as a 1st timer it should take a while. I was hoping to already be done by now. I scoped some today and did a rez change. Seeing a little cloudy on some trichs but most are still clear, maybe 60-70% swollen. Hell I dunno.

Well I snipped a tiny piece of some of the most mature bud and scoped it today. I'm looking at about 60% cloudy. Thoughts on time frame to peak harvest?

I also read that flushing is not so needed in a grow like this. This does become a slight issue because at least 2 large plants are much farther from harvest.

Would love some thoughts or questions on this.

Hey bro picking your ladie at peak harvest is a matter of opinion i think, theoretically get as close to 100% cloudy as possible for fully realized THC and a peak harvest. I like to harvest my sativas @ about 5% amber and my Indicas anywere from 10 - 40% amber, i like my indicas to hit me and hit me hard and @ 45% it sure does that.

You could always crop your top half at 100% and let the bottom mature a little longer that way you will be able to find out how mature you like your ladies.

Hi Bassman -

Agreed with Godspeed, I like about 25% amber on my hybrids. Potency is stronger on a plant harvested earlier and you'll have trippier effects, but medicinal qualities and weight will benefit from a later harvest date. I just did a staggered harvest, but I haven't made a comparison between the more mature/less mature yet.

Hope your back is feeling better. Plants look great. :thumb:

Well, I just went into the tent during lights out and put the scope (lighted) on a bunch of buds.

It's time for bed now, but in the morning I run errands, get some mason jars, maybe hygrometers for the jars? Not sure where to get those cheap. Then in the afternoon I'll take some pictures and START CHOPPIN!

Ya, that's right, harvest time. But only on one tub. The back tub is ready big time. The front tub is the suck. Not really but it's definitely a ways behind. Probably 10+ days behind even.

So the least of things to do over the next few days:

Setup drying area.
Chop, trim, hang the back tub.
Cleanup the tent a little.
Take cuttings from clones in veg now (they are 14" tall presently).
Buy 8x 3.5g buckets w/6" netpot lids.
Buy pvc or reinforced tubing for grow #2 RDWC monster bushes
Cut and build the new RDWC system.

I have my work cut out for me. I know I'll forget stuff to gather or do too.

I'll try to take some decent pre-harvest pics and maybe some of the cut plants and drying. I may be embarrassed by the yield though. I really dont think the back tub will give much other than those few bigger colas. I was really hoping another week to fill in some more.

The front tub has the potential to give twice as much if those flowers really start maturing. They just seem kinda stunted in terms of swelling and maturation. Pretty weird really since the one plant that is 2 weeks older than all the rest is in that tub too and isnt ready. I think one thing that may have been a part of it was the cables going to the adjustable hanger for the light is too long and didnt allow me to get high enough for a wide enough spread when those two tall ones stretched so far. The angle of the dangle wasnt right. I've Mcgyverd a fix for this on the next stretch-flower cycle.

I definitely feel the light has done it's part. I have no problem suggesting Grow Stealth LED lights. Hopefully I can get some more in the near future.

Well the chop is done. Everything is trimmed and hanging. I'm saddened by the wet weight. Of the 3 plants I did, one was a total runt with nothing but popcorn really. Another was only semi ok. I think because it didnt get good topping. It had a little wide branching but it actually was only one decent cola.

The biggest one has some good size cola's to it. But certainly not large like I have seen in some photos around here.

My estimate for the 1 decent plant, and the semi ok plant is dry weight of 2.25-2.50z

The front tub is still going and will be for a bit. The back tub actually still has 1 runt to it as well. And I do mean small. Like less than 24" and maybe slightly bigger than popcorn.

I got a bit over 1/2 gallon freezer bag of kief from trimming. This includes some popcorn. And I have about a 2/3 full bag of plucked frosted leaves I've pulled over the last few weeks.

below is only the plants that were being chopped. The next post will be what I still have going. This 2nd tub should be really nice if it fills out. The cola's are more plentiful for sure.

On to the chop pics:

Pre chop, whats being cut down:

PC080080.JPG
PC080081.JPG
PC080088.JPG
PC080084.JPG

Results:

PC080089.JPG
PC080091.JPG
PC080090.JPG
PC080094.JPG
PC080092.JPG

Here's what's left, along with one pic from front of tent before the chop. Everything in the front is a bit behind and should swell nicely I'd think (and pray). These while shorter seem to be developing into more colas which hopefully will thick and ripen well.

I'll take another look and probably do some trimming for more light.

PC080079.JPG
PC080082.JPG
PC080085.JPG
PC080086.JPG
PC080087.JPG

i bet, you did a great job on the trim thats why i said must have been fun, to get buds looking that good that is some time spent, love it tho. Let us know how smoke is, i am always researching strains to best suit my needs and wants.:thumb:

I brought my ona bucket downstairs to the trim area so it wasnt bad. I'm hanging them in my master bedroom closet with the ona bucket now and I smell them but some may be residue on my fingers.

I dont indulge so whatever smoke report I give would be somebody else's opinion. This is for my elderly mother's care.

Back
Top Bottom