Bassman59's 1st Grow - DWC/LED - Pray For Me!

Thanks X,
Thanks Rat,

Just checked PPM and it was 1200. So I pulled almost 1g and replaced it with regular ro water again. I'll give it an hour or so to mix around and check back.

That being said they put on some more noticeable weight overnight. Even the tall airy cola is starting to look sexy. Scoped again during lights out and still nearly all the trichomes are cloudy and barely any amber. I may not harvest for a even a few more days if they keep up this pace.

In the closet with the clones a problem is developing. Yesterday I saw two bugs flying around. I have not had any pest problems at all which is highly unusual for this area, until now.

I pulled the pest strip in the tent (in the same bedroom the vegging clones are in) and put it in the closet. I also sprayed more home defense on the walls furthest from the plants and the closet floor. Today I walked in to see 4 bugs flying and did the home defense routine a little bit more. I have yet to see any bugs on the plants or any developing problems on them. I hope I can get this handled fast. I'll pick up some neem oil tomorrow and start spraying.

I should be able to get this handled reasonably fast. And as soon as I harvest I'll be cleaning the tent and spraying home defense inside the tent and outside again. I had been pretty religious about not going into the room with street clothes on. But last week I made a couple trips into the room after having gone outside. sob I know better. Not saying it's 100% the cause but it's a reasonable assumption.

SO BORED! Everything has been so smooth the last few days.

PPM is right at 1000
PH has held steady at 5.7-5.8 for 4 days --- I have been pulling nute mix out 1g at a time, adding ro water back, to lower ppm.

Been scoping nightly and trichs are still cloudy, buds adding on weight. Should be any day now to harvest. Once I see 10% or so amber.

In the clones veg closet, it looks like there are no more insects. It was only 2-3 I saw flying in there. But I sprayed some Home Defense on the floor, walls. And hung a pest strip. Today I got some neem oil extract but have not applied it. I defoliated yesterday some and topped them some and shook it up today and nothing flew out.

I got all my parts to adapt a three tub RDWC system for the vegging clone monsters. I'll be working on that a bit until harvest time. Then I'll start new clones and move the others into flower.

That's all the excitement I have today.

lol, Bass! Don't ya hate when everything goes smooth and you have nothing to do in the garden? Bored is an understatement with my soil grow. If it wasn't for the fans you could hear a pin drop...

Good job my friend, let those girls plump up real nice for you.

ya dog, I wanna git in there and do something!

Took a peek in on the buds during lights out this morning with my lighted scope. Saw some areas of 10-15% maybe amber. When LED lights back up in about 3 hrs I'm going to scope more and make a decision. I may harvest today.

I still need to do some pre-setup for the vegging clones though, including taking new cuttings from them and cutting pvc, gluing shit together, etc. And then I have to clean the tent after harvest, tubs, etc.

Silkscreen, need to get some for 3 -1gal bags of trim to dry ice bust some hash out of.

Well, it's all hanging now. The final chop is done. Trimmed most of the night. There was more than I thought there, and less than I hope for. But I didnt get any weights. I'll do that when dry. I can say this for sure....they were sticky as hell! Lots of scissors cleaning. Picked up .5gram of goo there. All the trim went into a paper shopping bag which I'll combine with 2 1gal bags of trim in the freezer next week and make dry ice hash with.

In the end, the biggest yield came from the 1st plant from seed that was fimmed perfectly. She had 4 big ass colas on lots of other bud. The big tall one filled out ok too in the end. Not great, but not bad.

I have to say the Grow Stealth 600w Pro-Bloom LED did it's job well. I can only blame a lower than hoped for yield on my errors & lack of experience.

I have to clean up the tent, pull the roots (too damn tired now), clean the tubs real good, and build my 3 tub rdwc system for the vegging clones.

I have faith that I will triple if not more the yield in grow two with the clones.

Thanks to EVERYONE for your guidance and support. Here's some eye candy:

Before cutdown:
PC2300322.JPG
PC2300332.JPG
PC2300342.JPG
PC2300381.JPG

Perfect fim, oldest plant:
PC2300401.JPG
PC2300411.JPG
PC230044.JPG
PC230045.JPG
PC230047.JPG

Well done my friend :bravo::bravo::bravo::party:

Well done brother :)
Now we need a smoke report! Are you going to make some bubble out of the trim?

Since I dont smoke, we have to rely on a friend of mine. I expect he'll be by today and we'll get a report.

As for the trim, I posted a question here: Drying for dry ice hash question

I'm going to do the dry ice method. Take a look at my question, if you have any guidance, let me know.

Thanks for your support! Grow two is going! Transplanted and into the tent with BPN nutrients and Grow Stealth 600w Pro-Bloom LED.

hey b, looks like all turned out great. awesome grow!!! you made a good case for the LEDs potential. curious about your flower supps, what all did you use and for how long?

and those AKs are hybrids? how far did you let amber go, 40% or so? sorry so many ?s but im fairly close timeline wise and our grows are somewhat similar in environment. however, it would seem that you have one hell of a green thumb there so youve got me.

thanks for takin time, and for a kick ass journal/grow

hey b, looks like all turned out great. awesome grow!!! you made a good case for the LEDs potential. curious about your flower supps, what all did you use and for how long?

and those AKs are hybrids? how far did you let amber go, 40% or so? sorry so many ?s but im fairly close timeline wise and our grows are somewhat similar in environment. however, it would seem that you have one hell of a green thumb there so youve got me.

thanks for takin time, and for a kick ass journal/grow

Thanks jjames.

I used Humbolts Ginormous and Advanced Nutes B52 additives. Ginormous was used for 4-5 weeks in the middle. B52 was not used during 1st two weeks iirc of flower.

Yes AK's are hybrid, mostly indica as I understand. I let them go to maybe 10% or so amber.

I dont have a green thumb. These were officially the 1st plants I killed on purpose, ever. Every other plant I have ever owned has died. I could kill a fern in the tropics without trying too. Hydroponics seam more manageable for me maybe. More forgiving because it's easier to find cause/cure? /shrug

Thanks Treez!

Well, tonight I made hash with all the trimmings. I had 120g's of trim. I used 73 micron bag & 2lbs of dry ice. I ended up with 8g from 1st run & 3.5g from 2nd run. 11.5g total.

As for a smoke report on the grow. As mentioned before I dont indulge and this is for my elderly mom with Alzhiemers, glaucoma, diabetes, etc. She wouldnt be a reliable report. So a friend came over and gave me a report from the 1st tub's harvest.

Really nice and smooth flavor. No cough or hack. A little fruity hint almost. The stone was slow coming, but all heady. Very mellow, no couch lock. More energetic of a high even. He didnt rate it way high on the scale. But a decent smoke.

So I wasnt thrilled with the report. But as mentioned before I think it was more because I probably took that tub down 10 days early. The 2nd tub is still in cure and smells very nice. It also has much bigger buds and more of them. And still sticky. I do want this to be "heady" rather than body, since that's whats going to help mom. But I'm sure the potency of the 2nd tub is much nicer.

I got a 2nd opinion from 1 other person. Very smooth. Mellow nice also. Smooth was really important to her husband as he has problems with hacking. This had no hack.

Did I mention my hands & fingers smell like hash? It's been 35 yrs, and I instantly remembered that smell.

Here's todays shakem'up pics:
1st run:
PC290074.JPG

PC290076.JPG

2nd run:
PC290080.JPG
PC290081.JPG

Squeeze me son:
PC290082.JPG

Only thing left for this journal is for the cure to finish and a report on that smoke and the weight. I guesstimate 4oz or so. Which was from 2 plants in 2nd tub. Not bad, not where I wanted to be, but coulda been worse. Certainly not horrible for a 1st timer I think.

The clones from this grow are in 1st week of flower and looking REALLY GOOD. If I can keep it going this well it should be an awesome grow, and one that blows this out of the water in quality and quantity.

Back
Top Bottom